Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it is hard to believe what this young girl endured, it does happen that children disassociate and compartmentalize when they experience extreme abuse. If she lived in a dysfunctional home and he somehow gained her trust, it is possible that she was quiet about it and endured the horrors. I know it seems impossible that she would but there are tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of young children who do. Their brains are rewiring for survival. It makes us want to wretch but when there appears to be no way out, you develop a resilience until you can get away. Horrifying but true.

Perhaps he figured if he never got caught or became a suspect, that he could reverse the reset and get back his material? Isn't he fairly savvy?

Is it possible to recover iPhone data after factory reset? The answer is positive. As long as you have backed up your iPhone data with iCloud or iTunes, you can easily restore iPhone from iCloud backup or iTunes backup.

Thing is: I would NEVER believe that I could recover something from a device that LE could not.

That is somewhat curious, isn't it? Him keeping the phone?

He did have plenty of time to crush it, burn it, completely lose it, somewhere in the outback of beyond. There are unaccounted for hours of Feb. 26, after Maddy was killed but before she was reported missing, that he could have saved himself. It would have looked suspicious, of course, but wouldn't have nailed him with such certainty.

Since I'm not techy, I'll just ask. Even if he destroyed the phone, could his cloud storage still have been accessed? Could he have deleted everything in his cloud before destroying the phone?

Instead he kept his phone, relying on the magic "Factory Reset Button" to save him. I don't understand how anyone could do something they know to be a capital offense without better understanding how their phone, computers and other devices worked.
I know some people have mentioned the cloud, but I HIGHLY doubt a predator would want his CSAM material on the cloud where it would be “out there” for LE to find. Then again, he thought a factory reset would erase it so…

I know some people have mentioned the cloud, but I HIGHLY doubt a predator would want his CSAM material on the cloud where it would be “out there” for LE to find. Then again, he thought a factory reset would erase it so…
I just don’t think people even think about their photos being stored on the cloud. Interestingly, Apple did have a plan to scan for CSAM a few years ago but ultimately abandoned it due to privacy concerns.

Yes, I believe they would take hair samples along with various fluid and tissue samples, but I'm not a forensic expert so that's just MOO.
There is at least one forensic expert here on WS but they aren’t following this thread. And I don’t want to out them. But I could ask them what they think.

I just don’t think people even think about their photos being stored on the cloud. Interestingly, Apple did have a plan to scan for CSAM a few years ago but ultimately abandoned it due to privacy concerns.
Apple makes me insane. I get the privacy concerns, but how many cases have we followed here where, if Apple had allowed access, something may have been solved sooner.

That came out in public with the arrest warrant on 2/28, after which he was arrested. Do we know that she was aware he reset his phone on 2/26 before he was arrested?
They looked cozy enough that I’d imagine he brought it up to her at some point MOO, particularly if she’d be unable to reach him by phone. It would line up with other information that he volunteered to try to play innocent (“she was sleeping in the car”). JS also could have been present when he said that in the first place.

There's that 'we' again. I thought she didn't attend the party, or do we still not know for sure one way or the other?
in her first interview, she never told the interviewer she didnt attend. she went on about how her last conversation was with Madeline all happy happy, she showed us her presents and then.....Madeline went to bed.

second interview, she adds more info: she talks about how Madeline was so happy regarding the birthday party, but then says I had to work. she wasnt there.

(How does someone carry a body down a flight of stairs inside the apartment and then out the front door without the other noticing?)
by administering powerful knockout drugs.

from personal experience, I once took a dose of a psych med which is also prescribed as a sleep aid in lower doses, and no lie I slept from Thursday evening after work until Saturday afternoon! I don't even recall getting up to use the restroom or anything. All I know is I went to bed on Thursday and when I woke up it was Saturday. I was confused as heck at how I missed an entire DAY!

by administering powerful knockout drugs.

from personal experience, I once took a dose of a psych med which is also prescribed as a sleep aid in lower doses, and no lie I slept from Thursday evening after work until Saturday afternoon! I don't even recall getting up to use the restroom or anything. All I know is I went to bed on Thursday and when I woke up it was Saturday. I was confused as heck at how I missed an entire DAY!
I really don't think that happened here. She could have simply said that she was tired, and didn't see Madeline getting ready for school. Instead, she claimed to have seen her after she would have been murdered.

Maybe he was the older girl on Roblox?
Along those lines is what I was wondering. I mean, that’s one hell of a thing to drag to the conversation table as a guilty person.

I’m curious if this was a “pre-alibi” for why he’d have certain images. Or curious if she told the cousin “someone” was trying to get CSAM and SS seized on and made his own narrative from it. Either way, I can’t see how this wouldn’t have come up during a safety conversation with mom about inappropriate photos (if it isn’t all made up).

I can’t anymore with this case. On vacation and checking twice a day for updates on charges. I got sick to my stomach today when I saw the charges and so angry that no one listened to this poor girl. How dare he do this to her!

I’m glad he’s behind bars and will never walk. I am so sad - poor Maddie. No wonder she looked so miserable at her party. No one looked out for her and no one from the family is denouncing this awful SS. Maybe I missed it. Makes me livid.

Along those lines is what I was wondering. I mean, that’s one hell of a thing to drag to the conversation table as a guilty person.

I’m curious if this was a “pre-alibi” for why he’d have certain images. Or curious if she told the cousin “someone” was trying to get CSAM and SS seized on and made his own narrative from it. Either way, I can’t see how this wouldn’t have come up during a safety conversation with mom about inappropriate photos (if it isn’t all made up).
Yes, the pre alibi. Also she was “asleep” in the car.
Sorry but he’s dumb as rocks, glad he was caught, wish it had been earlier

If it was him, he could have been testing the waters. Could he get nudes from the child? Would she tell her mom? How would mom react?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann