Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well see what is confusing to me is if those non custodial charges are still Maddy. Because I don't think he would have any kind of authority over Maddy in the court's eyes. He was/is with her mother and they've had an on-and-off relationship for years, BUT they've never married and he did not adopt Maddy. Sure he is an adult that occupied the home with Maddy sometimes but he is not a parent.

I think custodial can simply mean an adult household member.

Chapter 39 Section 01 - 2023 Florida Statutes

9) “Caregiver” means the parent, legal custodian, permanent guardian, adult household member, or other person responsible for a child’s welfare as defined in subsection (54).

Didn't the mother think it was inappropriate to let her young daughter get <modsnip> with this man, in that she let him have his own room? Did anyone who knew this not advise her this was not right. He had way too much access to this child. Did she not wonder why a grown man wanted to spend so much time with her? It is hard to believe she knew nothing. Wasn't this child afraid to be alone with him <modsnip>? Did he somehow convince her this was normal and she was special? I have a friend who was abused by her father and his friends, (from ages 5 to 12) and she told me as much as she hated it, they made her feel like she was the "lucky one" to be chosen because she was so pretty, etc. She said to this day she feels guilty because in some way she felt some kind of pleasure in it. I am in no way suggesting in any way that Maddie did, but this is just another thought. She did, by the way, tell her mother and her older brothers, and no one believed her. She sometimes crawled in bed with him and her mother when something scared her, and he actually waited until her mother fell into a deep sleep, and actually molested her in the same bed. These men are vile, disgusting inhuman beasts. MOO Katt

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't the mother think it was inappropriate to let her young daughter get <modsnip> with this man, in that she let him have his own room? Did anyone who knew this not advise her this was not right. He had way too much access to this child. Did she not wonder why a grown man wanted to spend so much time with her? It is hard to believe she knew nothing. Wasn't this child afraid to be alone with him <modsnip>? Did he somehow convince her this was normal and she was special? I have a friend who was abused by her father and his friends, (from ages 5 to 12) and she told me as much as she hated it, they made her feel like she was the "lucky one" to be chosen because she was so pretty, etc. She said to this day she feels guilty because in some way she felt some kind of pleasure in it. I am in no way suggesting in any way that Maddie did, but this is just another thought. She did, by the way, tell her mother and her older brothers, and no one believed her. She sometimes crawled in bed with him and her mother when something scared her, and he actually waited until her mother fell into a deep sleep, and actually molested her in the same bed. These men are vile, disgusting inhuman beasts. MOO Katt
Giving someone their own room does not mean you've allowed your child to get <modsnip> with that person. They weren't sharing a room, my guess is they were sharing a floor, but that's it. All MOO

At least in my belief it doesn't.

Didn't the mother think it was inappropriate to let her young daughter get <modsnip> with this man, in that she let him have his own room? Did anyone who knew this not advise her this was not right. He had way too much access to this child. Did she not wonder why a grown man wanted to spend so much time with her? It is hard to believe she knew nothing. Wasn't this child afraid to be alone with him, or she liked the attention? Did he somehow convince her this was normal and she was special? I have a friend who was abused by her father and his friends, (from ages 5 to 12) and she told me as much as she hated it, they made her feel like she was the "lucky one" to be chosen because she was so pretty, etc. She said to this day she feels guilty because in some way she felt some kind of pleasure in it. I am in no way suggesting in any way that Maddie did, but this is just another thought. She did, by the way, tell her mother and her older brothers, and no one believed her. She sometimes crawled in bed with him and her mother when something scared her, and he actually waited until her mother fell into a deep sleep, and actually molested her in the same bed. These men are vile, disgusting inhuman beasts. MOO Katt

The dates of the CSAM pictures and videos seem to match up with summer, so MS would have been out of school. It appears during much of 2020-2021 there weren’t attacks (that we know of) bc of Covid, so JS was likely around and WFH at that time.

<modsnip: rumor>

SS seemed to have his own room bc they broke up and were on/off. He also seemed to have an extensive toy collection so I imagine JS wanted it all contained and out of the way. I’m not sure why she would do all that for him, although maybe he preyed on her charity bc he didn’t have a job and she figured he could help her out with Maddie.

I’m in no way excusing any of this, just trying to piece together an explanation that makes sense. I personally wouldn’t let a bf or ex bf move in with me, never mind let him have his own room in my house or leave him around my vulnerable child.

Well see what is confusing to me is if those non custodial charges are still Maddy. Because I don't think he would have any kind of authority over Maddy in the court's eyes. He was/is with her mother and they've had an on-and-off relationship for years, BUT they've never married and he did not adopt Maddy. Sure he is an adult that occupied the home with Maddy sometimes but he is not a parent.
in the eyes of family court he didnt have custody, but he was a parental or authority figure in her home and in a position of trust so thats why the charges are that way.

I was just thinking about that text about living in the woods and who wrote it. Considering she had so many family members who loved her, why would she think she needed to live in the woods, as opposed to her G-Ma? I wonder if she really did write that message.

I was just thinking about that text about living in the woods and who wrote it. Considering she had so many family members who loved her, why would she think she needed to live in the woods, as opposed to her G-Ma? I wonder if she really did write that message.
Without context it’s hard to know. It’s possible it was a flippant remark in line with a convo she was having with someone. It may have meaning or not if she wrote it. I’m very interested to know the context for sure!

Case: 2024 CF 000632
Stephan Michael Sterns
DOB 4/25/1986

No additional charges added.

Some documents are marked Requested now. I believe they were available yesterday. Perhaps they're being updated.

View attachment 490304
Not sure, but it looks like Osceola is requesting these from Orange County, so the docs are new to the Osceola clerk case file but not brand new, period.

Just an observation.... JS's condo is super small for 3 people considering it's 2 levels, so you'd cut the SF in half to be 735 SF, as I'd think most people would hang out in the main living quarters and not hole themselves up in the bedroom all day and night. Then further reduce it by a large bedroom, the stairwell, and a bathroom or 2 (not sure if only one of the 3 BA's is on 1st floor, or the 2nd floor). What you have left is not very large. Looking at the pics of the main living area they'd pretty much be on top of each other. Maddie's only way to get away from SS would be to hang out in her room and hope like hell he doesn't come up to visit. Not a great way to live. :(

It has a super tiny kitchen, and then there's the dining/living room next to it, and that's about it for living space. That's not real big when you're practically on top each other and one is a pedo. :(
1710371841247.png

Also note that I THINK these are their belongings. I say that for a few reasons (but still JMO). 1) Jen had/has a pet sitting business. There's a dog on the couch (I know. So what!?! lol) and also what looks like a lot of various dog leashes and dog clothes in pic 6 in the Zillow link below. It's possible she was living there in 2020 when the owner tried to sell it, then decided to remove the listing the next month. The listing stated " sold fully furnished". So if she was living therein 2020 when it listed for sale, these are their things. Only one bedroom is seen in the listing. I'm guessing it's the master.

Just an observation.... JS's condo is super small for 3 people considering it's 2 levels, so you'd cut the SF in half to be 735 SF, as I'd think most people would hang out in the main living quarters and not hole themselves up in the bedroom all day and night. Then further reduce it by a large bedroom, the stairwell, and a bathroom or 2 (not sure if only one of the 3 BA's is on 1st floor, or the 2nd floor). What you have left is not very large. Looking at the pics of the main living area they'd pretty much be on top of each other. Maddie's only way to get away from SS would be to hang out in her room and hope like hell he doesn't come up to visit. Not a great way to live. :(

It has a super tiny kitchen, and then there's the dining/living room next to it, and that's about it for living space. That's not real big when you're practically on top each other and one is a pedo. :(
View attachment 490302

Also note that I THINK these are their belongings. I say that for a few reasons (but still JMO). 1) Jen had/has a pet sitting business. There's a dog on the couch (I know. So what!?! lol) and also what looks like a lot of various dog leashes and dog clothes in pic 6 in the Zillow link below. It's possible she was living there in 2020 when the owner tried to sell it, then decided to remove the listing the next month. The listing stated " sold fully furnished". So if she was living therein 2020 when it listed for sale, these are their things. Only one bedroom is seen in the listing. I'm guessing it's the master.

Yes, she most likely was living there at that time. That looks like her dog per the pet sitting business photos and Madeline's memorial video, and the condo has been in her family since 2011, although I don't know when she moved in.

Yes, she most likely was living there at that time. That looks like her dog per the pet sitting business photos and Madeline's memorial video, and the condo has been in her family since 2011, although I don't know when she moved in.
The dog looks the same but the kitchen area doesn’t…wonder if they recently had it redone?

Not sure, but it looks like Osceola is requesting these from Orange County, so the docs are new to the Osceola clerk case file but not brand new, period.
Yes, but those reports that say Requested now, I read them yesterday. I think they could be pulled to be updated or, they could be pulled offline, until something else occurs. Then released and available again.

I'm curious about the Information document listed as available but also as Requested. It makes me wonder if more charges are going to be added soon.

View attachment 490302

One of the Gray Hughes videos said extended family was living here too at one point. I have more difficulty picturing what I heard in that video--i.e. when visiting they were only allowed in the upstairs bedroom of JS&SS, and in MS bedroom. Not in the downstairs common areas, which we see here.

Maybe this is when it went to just SS, JS & MS? It looks very neat and clean, which at least is a positive.

It also makes you wonder which room SS had since we've been told he has his own room when it was SS, JS & MS living there.

View attachment 490326
Looks like they did some painting?
If so, looks like they added handles to the cabinets too. I had the same cabinets at my last house and it's what I did to make them look updated. Also, not sure what is under the red dots I drew above the cabinets. Those areas looked raised and not level like the pic in Zillow. I double checked and it's the correct apt and condo number 2014, #107.

1710376641488.png1710376530454.png

We still don't know the context of that text. I think JS implied the message was sent to a friend. Honestly, we could find out the text about living in the woods was 100% a joke or not meant literally by Maddy. True, it's quite suspicious since she did "go missing" after her 13th birthday, but it could be a coincidence. Maybe that text isn't actually real.
Looks like they did some painting? (I sure wish there was tone in text)
If they are renting they wouldn't be allowed to repaint anything, right? Any repainting would've been done by the landlord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname