GUILTY FL - Makeva Jenkins, 33, shot to death hours after FB post, 28 June 2017 *Arrest*

I'm beginning to think the perps used a rental car for their getaway. They and the car were probably caught on surveillance cams but the perps may have been too well disguised for anyone to recognize. If that's the case, LE are probably trying to trace the getaway car. I hope it doesn't take 2 years, though, like it did in the Dan Markel murder. That's what this case is reminding me of. And, in Dan's case, all those involved still haven't been arrested after 3 years. JMO

This screams of "hired hit."

Who's the beneficiary on her life insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to think the perps used a rental car for their getaway. They and the car were probably caught on surveillance cams but the perps may have been too well disguised for anyone to recognize. If that's the case, LE are probably trying to trace the getaway car. I hope it doesn't take 2 years, though, like it did in the Dan Markel murder. That's what this case is reminding me of. And, in Dan's case, all those involved still haven't been arrested after 3 years. JMO

Then why would they steal her car only to dump it not far away?

Then why would they steal her car only to dump it not far away?

Because stealing the car was to make it look like this was a robbery gone bad, but the person who set it up still wanted the car, so the killers were instructed to steal it and then leave it not far away.

I really do hope that the insurance company hold back on payment of the policy until this is all worked out. Very fishy,

What a tragic story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Investigators seize cable bill, cell phones from murdered mother's home

July 18, 2017

Investigators have new evidence in the investigation into the murder of a mother of three.

Court documents show the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office used a search warrant at the home of Euri Jenkins, the husband of slain mother Makeva Jenkins.

Detectives confiscated cell phones, a copy of a Comcast bill and two yellow envelopes full of paperwork on July 4.

Search Warrant

Investigators seize cable bill, cell phones from murdered mother's home

July 18, 2017

Investigators have new evidence in the investigation into the murder of a mother of three.

Court documents show the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office used a search warrant at the home of Euri Jenkins, the husband of slain mother Makeva Jenkins.

Detectives confiscated cell phones, a copy of a Comcast bill and two yellow envelopes full of paperwork on July 4.

Search Warrant
LE has this one. <modsnip>
Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I'm anxious to see where this investigation goes.

I really do hope that the insurance company hold back on payment of the policy until this is all worked out. Very fishy,
I'm licensed in health insurance not life insurance, but to get my license I also received training in life insurance. And I just took a CE class in life insurance last month. IIRC, there is generally a waiting period that prevents the beneficiary from receiving benefits for a certain time period from the time the policy goes into effect. So, if the insured dies within an allotted time (e.g., 60 days) from the policy's effective date, the beneficiary cannot collect for 60 days and may receive only a portion of the policy's value. Some have a graduated value that increases over time, IIRC.

Sorry, I cannot remember completely and I looked through some notes I took but couldn't find this info. I'm fairly certain it's accurate, so I don't think anyone is going to collect on an insurance policy in which Makeva was the insured, at least for a few months. By then, I think the perp(s) will be caught and then it will be a moot point.

I do hope the children were named as beneficiaries on the policy, though, and hope they can collect at least a portion of the value. Bless their hearts. I know they miss their mother terribly. :heartbeat: This was so unfair to them.

ETA: That is, if a life insurance policy was taken out on Makeva. I don't know if that's been confirmed or is just speculation. Everything is JMO.

I'm licensed in health insurance not life insurance, but to get my license I also received training in life insurance. And I just took a CE class in life insurance last month. IIRC, there is generally a waiting period that prevents the beneficiary from receiving benefits for a certain time period from the time the policy goes into effect. So, if the insured dies within an allotted time (e.g., 60 days) from the policy's effective date, the beneficiary cannot collect for 60 days and may receive only a portion of the policy's value. Some have a graduated value that increases over time, IIRC.

Sorry, I cannot remember completely and I looked through some notes I took but couldn't find this info. I'm fairly certain it's accurate, so I don't think anyone is going to collect on an insurance policy in which Makeva was the insured, at least for a few months. By then, I think the perp(s) will be caught and then it will be a moot point.

I do hope the children were named as beneficiaries on the policy, though, and hope they can collect at least a portion of the value. Bless their hearts. I know they miss their mother terribly. [emoji813]beat: This was so unfair to them.

ETA: That is, if a life insurance policy was taken out on Makeva. I don't know if that's been confirmed or is just speculation. Everything is JMO.
Thanks Indy! Very helpful and gave us all relief that money won't automatically change hands before this can possibly be resolved.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

why a copy of the Comcast bill?
It's listed under inventory on the final search warrant.

They were looking for "video camera/s, receiving device, cell phones, and documentation showing the purchase of instructions for a video recording device"...

Wonder who and what was recorded??

I'm curious about the two envelops retrieved. Unless...the officers investigating found possibly some insurance info, photos, blueprints for the home or financial statements. Maybe those were in plan view, observed by police and deemed to be in a suspicious place for documentation. I for one keep things like that put away. Not in view, usually in a desk drawer until I have completed or thoroughly view the documents, then file them in my lockable file cabinet. IJS. IMO

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm curious about the two envelops retrieved. Unless...the officers investigating found possibly some insurance info, photos, blueprints for the home or financial statements. Maybe those were in plan view, observed by police and deemed to be in a suspicious place for documentation. I for one keep things like that put away. Not in view, usually in a desk drawer until I have completed or thoroughly view the documents, then file them in my lockable file cabinet. IJS. IMO

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
The search warrant states, "documentation showing the purchase or instructions for a video recording device...which constitutes evidence relevant to proving that a felony has been committed..." The warrant authorizes LE to search anywhere on the property including vehicles and outbuildings for the video cameras, recording devices and documents which suggests IMO there are devices believed to have been installed in the residence prior to the home invasion but now are missing. Not surprising since I thought it unusual for a family living in such an expensive home and elite neighborhood not to have such devices installed. MOO

https://www.scribd.com/document/354100507/Makeva-Jenkins

We had issues with our teens in our home. Our cameras were to monitor the people inside more than the people outside. Maybe dear Makeva was doing the same thing.....

We had issues with our teens in our home. Our cameras were to monitor the people inside more than the people outside. Maybe dear Makeva was doing the same thing.....

Absolutely possible. Maybe they had big social dinners and wanted to catch anyone stealing something from the house on camera. A number of reasons people, especially those with lots of money and possessions, would have video cameras inside their home and not just outside.

But it seems particularly revealing that LE are looking for video recording devices that have apparently been removed from the home. If surveillance equipment were removed from the home after Makeva was murdered, wouldn't the surveillance monitoring company still be able to see what was recorded? But, if the equipment were removed only, say, hours before her murder -- before Makeva had opportunity to notice and question it -- that would imply premeditation and a set-up. MOO

Absolutely possible. Maybe they had big social dinners and wanted to catch anyone stealing something from the house on camera. A number of reasons people, especially those with lots of money and possessions, would have video cameras inside their home and not just outside.

But it seems particularly revealing that LE are looking for video recording devices that have apparently been removed from the home. If surveillance equipment were removed from the home after Makeva was murdered, wouldn't the surveillance monitoring company still be able to see what was recorded? But, if the equipment were removed only, say, hours before her murder -- before Makeva had opportunity to notice and question it -- that would imply premeditation and a set-up. MOO
Possible...or she might be interested in what was going on at home while she was running her business.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back