FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has probably been discussed before but does everyone agree that his/her (but I think it is a he) face is covered up to over his nose as he is walking to the crime? I wish we could get clearer video of his face. The police probably do have clearer video. I wonder how police go about making an arrest where a witness calls it in or they have video of what appears to be that person. Are they allowed to bring them to the station and question them to no end or do they need more proof. Anyone here in LE that can shed some light on the type of proof they need to make an arrest?

I know this has probably been discussed before but does everyone agree that his/her (but I think it is a he) face is covered up to over his nose as he is walking to the crime? I wish we could get clearer video of his face. The police probably do have clearer video. I wonder how police go about making an arrest where a witness calls it in or they have video of what appears to be that person. Are they allowed to bring them to the station and question them to no end or do they need more proof. Anyone here in LE that can shed some light on the type of proof they need to make an arrest?
You need probable cause to make an arrest. No they cannot just hold someone for questioning for long periods. They can bring them in to question them, yes. But if they envoke their right to an attorney, then questioning is pretty much over. Probable cause is going to be key. So a positive witness ID backed up with person or photo line up, or some other evidence to suggest the person is more likely than not to have been involved under a reasonable persons view

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

This is a link to the composite sketch in the case of dontae lampkins murder. I know criminals wearing hoodies is not an uncommon thing but nevertheless i thought it was relevant considering the circumstances.

http://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/...son-of-interest-in-homicide-case/67-393851492

This is the link to the video of dontae lampkins bus ride before he was murdered in seminole heights

http://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/...eo-shows-murder-victims-final-hours/420291301Screenshot_20171102-095128.jpg

Mod Note:

Please take a little time to review the Social Media rules linked below.

Sleuthing non-POIs/suspects is not allowed.

Screenshots are not allowed.

The Rules - Social Media

Posts have been removed.

:tyou:

This is a link to the composite sketch in the case of dontae lampkins murder. I know criminals wearing hoodies is not an uncommon thing but nevertheless i thought it was relevant considering the circumstances.

http://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/...son-of-interest-in-homicide-case/67-393851492

This is the link to the video of dontae lampkins bus ride before he was murdered in seminole heights

http://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/...eo-shows-murder-victims-final-hours/420291301View attachment 125795

That's so sad to watch that video, knowing that young man will be murdered shortly after. Of course it's devastating to think about all of the victims (whether related or not), but actually seeing someone really brings it home. :(

Thanks for posting a link to the map.

Were any of the more recent victims gay? It seems like a fairly broad mix of victims, although they are all relatively young.

That's so sad to watch that video, knowing that young man will be murdered shortly after. Of course it's devastating to think about all of the victims (whether related or not), but actually seeing someone really brings it home. :(

Thanks for posting a link to the map.

Were any of the more recent victims gay? It seems like a fairly broad mix of victims, although they are all relatively young.
Victim #3 was openly gay, vic #2 and #1 were not that I know of, however they were both big LGBT supporters as they have close relatives who are.

Victim #3 was openly gay, vic #2 and #1 were not that I know of, however they were both big LGBT supporters as they have close relatives who are.

Interesting. How about single? I'm sure it says it somewhere in this thread, but I can't track it down right now. But if the perp is luring people in using a dating app, some of the more common apps allow you to view potential male dates, female dates, or both.
Could it be that the perp set it to both and was simply meeting with people deemed vulnerable or easily persuaded to go to a less public area?

I feel the police must have a bit more info about this dating app theory.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Interesting. How about single? I'm sure it says it somewhere in this thread, but I can't track it down right now. But if the perp is luring people in using a dating app, some of the more common apps allow you to view potential male dates, female dates, or both.
Could it be that the perp set it to both and was simply meeting with people deemed vulnerable or easily persuaded to go to a less public area?

I feel the police must have a bit more info about this dating app theory.

I agree, an app is something I mentioned earlier before i had read about dontae. All 3 vics changed their routine last minute. #1 came home only to leave again minutes later, #2 was supposed to be waiting at her house for a ride but ended up a block away for some reason and #3 they say took the wrong bus and was getting off to take the #9 but his stepmother said he chose to walk instead of taking that second bus for some reason

Things seem to be quiet in the media regarding the shooter, could LE have him/her in their cross hairs?
imo, speculation

Things seem to be quiet in the media regarding the shooter, could LE have him/her in their cross hairs?
imo, speculation
I wonder about this too.

The e-fit is what makes me question it; to distinguish those features from the released CCTV footage seems unlikely.
It also doesn't make sense to me that LE have unreleased footage of the suspect's face, as some have theorised.
If they do have footage of the perp's face, why are they releasing an e-fit, why not release the actual video where you can see him (...or her)?

imo, speculation

Boy, do I hope you’re right!

[emoji202]MOO

I wonder about this too.

The e-fit is what makes me question it; to distinguish those features from the released CCTV footage seems unlikely.
It also doesn't make sense to me that LE have unreleased footage of the suspect's face, as some have theorised.
If they do have footage of the perp's face, why are they releasing an e-fit, why not release the actual video where you can see him (...or her)?

I'm confused, are you referring to the "composite drawing" from the Dontae Lampkins murder in January? Or is there an e-fit image released for the individual seen on the surveillance video around the time of Benjamin Mitchell's murder? TIA.

Here is the link to the fox 5 video and article that explains LE was actually called the night of monicas murder, they came out and investigated and didnt see her. One of the neighbors that heard the shots even says she doesnt understand how anyone missed it bc her body was very close to the curb. 2 days and nobody saw her?!
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.fox1...s/tampa-police-investigating-suspicious-death

I'm confused, are you referring to the "composite drawing" from the Dontae Lampkins murder in January? Or is there an e-fit image released for the individual seen on the surveillance video around the time of Benjamin Mitchell's murder? TIA.
See, this is why I shouldn't post late at night when I'm tired!
My mistake. Yes, I was referring to the composite drawing. I realise now that was for the Lampkins' case, and is not necessarily linked to these more recent killings. My bad! [emoji849]

Not much to see here but I did check for mutual facebook friends between the victims also. Of course they can certainly have friends that aren't on their fb.

BM&MH friends in common: http://www.facebook.com/officialeddiebanks?and=mhoffa

BM&AN friends in common:
http://www.facebook.com/officialeddiebanks?and=divinefirefox

MH&AN friends in common:
http://www.facebook.com/divinefirefox?and=mhoffa
Whiskers16 it turns out the friend connection you found between BM and AN on fb (posted earlier) is also a common person to MH according to her fb. We missed it before bc the person uses a slightly different version of name.
I dont know how to link to it bc it is under her "followed" list.
In the interest of not breaking any forum rules, I wont talk about any one person in particular other than vics and poi but i will say that this new info confirming a potential social connection between the 3 vics has led me to some potentially significant info that I will be forwarding to LE today. (Went down the rabbit hole of clicks last night)
I now agree with my fellow sleuths who have said the poi is a trained runner (track) as well as football player (i was surprised to find out how tall and thin football players can actually be, I always thought they were big people, but some are actually thin and muscular and sprint/run as part of their training). I also agree with the profile that the poi is young and male and I think whoever said he was kicked out of school, moved out of state and returned later totally hit the nail on the head. Im quite impressed. Lastly, IMO based on the vics history and totality of circumstances and info we discussed earlier, Im leaning even more now towards the idea that the vics may have been meeting a drug dealer afterall (marijuana). Does anyone know if they did a tox screen on any of the bodies to confirm or eliminate drug use?

-sidenote, according to media, just like MH, BM and AN...dontae lampkins whom was also murdered in seminole heights (upper body trauma-shot) this year, he had also rerouted or changed his plans last minute.

Does anyone have any info as to the condition of MH body when they found her? Was she hurt or assaulted in any other way?

for anyone that has only been accessing web sleuths from a mobile phone....try a laptop. game changer! :happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa