FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The suspect being African American fits the profile. Most (I know that not all) serial killers kill people of their same race. The only victim that's not African American is Monica Hoffa.

Not a lot of details exist about her, just that she was shot at a vacant lot, but I think she and the first victim may hold the key to identify and apprehending the unsub. She stands out in the others. Was she just a victim of opportunity or something else?

:welcome:

The suspect being African American fits the profile. Most (I know that not all) serial killers kill people of their same race. The only victim that's not African American is Monica Hoffa.

Not a lot of details exist about her, just that she was shot at a vacant lot, but I think she and the first victim may hold the key to identify and apprehending the unsub. She stands out in the others. Was she just a victim of opportunity or something else?

Probably more to it than we've been told, I had the same thoughts. This didn't come out of the blue and today would be the time to catch this guy given the resources on standby waiting for this to happen again.

Witness provides description of Tampa serial killer after 4th victim found in road

http://wncn.com/2017/11/14/deadly-shooting-reported-in-florida-neighborhood-where-3-murders-previously-occurred/

Tampa police say a witness was able to provide a description of a man believed to be the Seminole Heights serial killer shortly after the body of an adult male was found in a Seminole Heights street early Tuesday morning.

The crime scene is a few blocks away from a memorial that honors three people who were shot and killed in Seminole Heights. The serial killer has not been caught.

Probably more to it than we've been told, I had the same thoughts. This didn't come out of the blue and today would be the time to catch this guy given the resources on standby waiting for this to happen again.

For sure and I get that they don't want to compromise the investigation. I just wish we had a bit more to go on. But yeah, I think they're closing in and have a description helps.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...inole-heights-blocks-away-from-recent-murders
Initial reporting “black male” was changed to “African-American male with a light complexion”.
Do they KNOW the suspect is “African-American”?
For some journalists, I wonder if “African-American” is a default for “black”. But they’re afraid to write “black”.
Just say “black” with light complexion.
My best friend is African-Jamaican with a light complexion.
JMO

http://wkrg.com/2017/11/14/4th-victim-murdered-in-tampa-by-possible-serial-killer/
attachment.php

Someone shot and killed Ronald Felton, 60, as he crossed a Seminole Heights street early Tuesday morning. (Courtesy: WFLA)
The crime scene is a few blocks away from a memorial that honors three people who were previously shot and killed in Seminole Heights. The murderer has not been caught.

Attachments

• killer.jpg
    killer.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 261
At least there is a witness testimony this time. Hoping they unearth some good surveillance footage too. They’ve gotta be getting close to catching this !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This report says 4 shots were heard, thank goodness the twin brother did not hear them too, imo.
Interesting that the latest victim was also on the way to meet someone and also on the phone, similar iirc to the other victims.rbbm.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-tampa-serial-killer-found-police-say-n820566
As police scoured the area for a suspect, residents were told to lock their doors and stay in place.

"We need folks to think about everything they heard last night and everything the saw this morning," Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn said during a press conference Tuesday morning. " ... We need to catch this killer before we have to notify one more family that their loved one is dead."

Felton, a father of three adult children, was on his way to feed the homeless at New Seasons Apostolic church when he was shot, his brother told NBC News. James Felton said when his 60-year-old sibling wasn't at his construction job, he spent every Tuesday and Thursday morning at the church
Ronald Felton was on the phone with his twin brother just moments before the shooting took place.

"The people he works with were already there and they heard four shots," James Felton told NBC News. "His twin brother didn't hear it."
Interim Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan said police believed the suspect was still in the neighborhood and that officers were knocking on doors in addition to deploying K-9 units and helicopter searches.

Is there a map of the murder sites? tia

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/1...s-neighborhood-targeted-by-serial-killer.html
Cynthia Murray told The Tampa Bay Times that Felton had been living with her near the shooting scene. She said Felton was an unemployed construction worker who volunteered at the nearby food bank run by a church, which is just feet from where he was shot. She said he would go to the church at 2:30 a.m. to help
Dugan said the shooting was similar to the other killings, but because this killing happened early in the morning as opposed to late at night, he believes the suspect is hiding out in the area.
"Because the time has changed, how were they able to get here at this hour? How were they able to vanish so quickly? You have to believe they are hiding out somewhere," he told reporters.
"Do not go to bus stops or leave to walk or drive to school until police secure the area," school officials posted to Twitter.

Steve Zinder, the incoming neighborhood association president, told FOX13 he was awakened by the sound of police helicopters. He said in the last month, the neighborhood adjusted to having the helicopters hovering above them, but this morning it was different.

"They were much lower, much more concentrated, so I knew something was going on," he said. "This is not the kind of news we wanted to wake up to this morning."

Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn said officials believe the suspect "lives in close proximity" to the killing, and officials need residents to "think about what they heard last night.
rbbm.

That's a tight area. I wonder if the shooter lives within the center of the map or off to the side. My guess is within easy walking distance 1-2 miles.

https://jeremykun.com/2011/07/20/serial-killers/
Looking at the red dots representing the previous shootings, cannot help wondering if the perp is now scoping the area of Hillsborough and Nebraska Avenues..
Complete speculation, imo.

Terrifying! I have been sleuthing suspects for weeks now and just logged on today to do the same and catch up with some private messages. How scary to hear this. I'm glad to see the immense police presence and I hope today brings an arrest!

Screenshot zoomed to the current traffic closures around today’s shooting. Previous shootings were at/around the green markers.

2be8d753dbcea66865463652517bd818.jpg

so very sad for Mr. Felton and those who knew him, loved him, helped him, were served and helped by him... I'm not local but have been following this thread and am right with everyone here who is a bit on edge and also ready for LE to find this killer.

Any indication at this early stage that Mr. Felton was gay? (fleshing out that angle...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861