FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...inole-heights-blocks-away-from-recent-murders
Initial reporting “black male” was changed to “African-American male with a light complexion”.
Do they KNOW the suspect is “African-American”?
For some journalists, I wonder if “African-American” is a default for “black”. But they’re afraid to write “black”.
Just say “black” with light complexion.
My best friend is African-Jamaican with a light complexion.
JMO

I agree. Political correctness has gone crazy. I’m shocked he’s even being idenfified at all because Tampa has become so liberal.

That's a tight area. I wonder if the shooter lives within the center of the map or off to the side. My guess is within easy walking distance 1-2 miles.

https://jeremykun.com/2011/07/20/serial-killers/

I agree. He lives probably two miles away, that's his buffer zone. His first and third murder being so close to each other, relative to the others, shows that he feels comfortable in that area. The one from today shows that he's getting more comfortable and is expanding his kill zone. Unless caught, I believe his next one will be even further out from his base.

Felton's brother said that the victim volunteered every Tuesday and Thursday morning, which Ieads me to assume that the killer was probably watching him for a couple of weeks, at least. He knew where to find his victim and at what time, especially since the other murders took place at night. He's becoming more organized.

I'm not an expert, just an amateur profiler. Not sure if LEO read these posts, but hope it helps someone from Tampa notice or remember something.

Interesting that LE asked if you owned a gun, and if it's been stolen. I wonder if a different caliber was used this time? This lunatic needs to be found ASAP! Terrifying

These two men both believe they each heard 5 shots. When they said that the victim " was laid out bad " my heart just broke, did the perp fire so many shots to make sure he left a horrifying sight for those who encountered it?
The latest victim had plans and was excited to get together with his twin brother to help at the food bank.
So sad and horrifying that he was on the phone with his twin at his last moments in life, yet somehow appropriate too. Did the killer know that Mr Felton was a twin and who he was talking to on the phone?
imo, speculation.
rbbm.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...fourth-in-Seminole-Heights-killings_162628781
Robert Clark, who was doing laundry at a laundromat near the shooting scene, told the Tampa Bay Times he heard the gunfire, turned and saw a man running east.

"I’m getting ready to put another 75 cents in the machine when I hear a ‘boom, boom,’" Clark said. "Five of them. I see a man lying in that street and another running to that road.

"When I got to the man he was laid out bad."

Elton Sheppard, 73, who lives near the food bank, was getting ready to go to the laundromat, too, when he heard five shots. He estimated that police arrived five to 10 minutes afterward.

Signs at the laundromat say it has video recorders. Melissa Deming, who owns property in neighborhood, said she and others there have been asked to turn over any video they have to the police.
"Anybody who knows Tampa knows the twins and they know if you ask (Ronny) for help he would do whatever you wanted," she said. "He didn’t need to come here every week but he loved it."

He was looking forward to helping at the food bank Tuesday because his brother Reggie was off work and planned to join him, Murray said.

"He hadn’t seen his brother much lately - his twin," she said. "He was so excited to spend time with his brother today."

Murray said she believes Felton may have known the killer because witnesses reported he crossed the street to speak with him. She said police told her Felton was one his mobile phone with his brother Reggie at the time of the shooting so she hopes he said a name before he died.
Lifelong friend Curtistine Turner, 52, said Felton was raised in West Tampa and graduated from Plant High School.

These two men both believe they each heard 5 shots. When they said that the victim " was laid out bad " my heart just broke, did the perp fire so many shots to make sure he left a horrifying sight for those who encountered it?
The latest victim had plans and was excited to get together with his twin brother to help at the food bank.
So sad and horrifying that he was on the phone with his twin at his last moments in life, yet somehow appropriate too. Did the killer know that Mr Felton was a twin and who he was talking to on the phone?
imo, speculation.
rbbm.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...fourth-in-Seminole-Heights-killings_162628781

This gives more credence to the theory that this a local person.

Interesting that LE asked if you owned a gun, and if it's been stolen. I wonder if a different caliber was used this time? This lunatic needs to be found ASAP! Terrifying

I thought that odd as well. I wonder have shell casings been found? Made me think it’s an older model that isn’t on the books.

Head down to the “Basement.” The Scanner is FULL of activity during this search. We cannot discuss it here, all scanner chatter has to stay there.

Under Forums, The Parking Lot, Scanner. I posted the feed.

I agree. Political correctness has gone crazy. I’m shocked he’s even being idenfified at all because Tampa has become so liberal.

What a weirdly racist comment to make.

Aso imo it's a REALLY strange thing to get all hung up on- whether the killer is described as "light-skinned black" or "light-skinned African American". Unless the witnesses know for certain he's *not* American then it appears he's living in America? And more likely than not an American rather than African-Jamaican or from the UK or whatevs? Media outlets (and hello, black communities themselves FYI) use the terms interchangeably more often than not. Care to explain why it's such an issue?

I got the impression when the police asked if you own a gun to check and see if it is in the place you keep it......that if it is missing....it would be someone you know or a family member....thats why he asked to report immediately if it is missing. jmo

I agree. He lives probably two miles away, that's his buffer zone. His first and third murder being so close to each other, relative to the others, shows that he feels comfortable in that area. The one from today shows that he's getting more comfortable and is expanding his kill zone. Unless caught, I believe his next one will be even further out from his base..

I'm thinking this latest one is the closest one to his residence. He was seen running towards this area after the third murder. He did jog south on 13th that night after the shooting but seemed to come straight down Frierson before the shooting. I also think he's aware the further he gets from his residence the greater chance he's caught trying to get back, he's laying very low after these shootings.

The January murder just north of Hillsborough ave. that has not been tied to him is also in the back of my mind, it's only 0.3 miles from this latest. That one could have been his first. Eleven rounds reportedly which is an extraordinary amount of overkill.

so very sad for Mr. Felton and those who knew him, loved him, helped him, were served and helped by him... I'm not local but have been following this thread and am right with everyone here who is a bit on edge and also ready for LE to find this killer.

Any indication at this early stage that Mr. Felton was gay? (fleshing out that angle...)
I'm not sure. Anything is possible.
"Felton, a father of three adult children, was on his way to feed the homeless at New Seasons Apostolic Church"

*https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-tampa-serial-killer-found-police-say-n820566

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I got the impression when the police asked if you own a gun to check and see if it is in the place you keep it......that if it is missing....it would be someone you know or a family member....thats why he asked to report immediately if it is missing. jmo

Excellent point. Why else would he say that.

Back in October, they had a group protecting that area in the evening and through the night...walking the streets and keeping guard. I think they were called the guardian angels...or something like that. I wonder why they didn't see this killer last night..early morning....have they left the area. And if they have left...this killer must have known that....knows what is going on and close to the area.

Back in October, they had a group protecting that area in the evening and through the night...walking the streets and keeping guard. I think they were called the guardian angels...or something like that. I wonder why they didn't see this killer last night..early morning....have they left the area. And if they have left...this killer must have known that....knows what is going on and close to the area.

exactly,

Any chance our POI is from the Temple Terrace neighborhood or is that too far to travel. At this exact moment I just have a theory so I don't really want to expand yet, but if this is plausible further down my rabbit hole I shall go.

Seems as if this person has the urge to kill rather than targetting people they know. MOO

Just to find a person alone with no one around..to shoot them many times ..kill and then run. No reason at all....he must be a very sick evil person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861