Identified! FL - Marion Co., Human torso found in river, Sep'08 - Everett Jackson

How did they find "the remains"? were they doing a search out there or did someone accidently find them? does anyone know?

A lot of people have been killed and hidden in Ocala National Forest even the prostitute from that monster movie killed somebody there

Looks like it would take about an hour and a half to get there from Orlando Florida, by car. But unfortunately, there are lots of murders/deaths in Florida, as elsewhere in the country, so it's not likely Caylee. Poor thing.

Kinda o/t but not really.......I went to the NAtional Center for Missing and Exploited Children and plugged in all missing for Maine (where I live)......3 PEOPLE IN 99 yrs....missing in 1971, 1986, and 1984 something like that........then I did Florida.......there were over 300 cases most of them recent from 2008! its amazing based on what part of the country you live in how different things happen.

A lot of people have been killed and hidden in Ocala National Forest even the prostitute from that monster movie killed somebody there

Yeah, remember those camper murders that were in Ocala National Forest? A teenage boy killed some campers up there, but they found those people. He could have killed more though. I always get creeped out when I am camping there after that...

Yeah, remember those camper murders that were in Ocala National Forest? A teenage boy killed some campers up there, but they found those people. He could have killed more though. I always get creeped out when I am camping there after that...

Yeah said he wanted to be a serial killer?

My local news serves the Ocala area as well as Gainesville. There have been no reports of any remains found as of 6am on. I'm sure you heard it, I just think it's interesting it has not been mentioned again.

The Ocala National Forest is lovely to drive through en route to Daytona but I (and all of my braver friends) do not camp or hike there. My son's godfather had his jeep broken into by someone shooting the windshield out. They got his digi cam. He was camping with his wife (my son's godmother) a few miles into the brush. That was a close enough call for all of us.

Eileen Wuornos is just one individual responsible for the bodies that show up in the forest. That kid that shot the young couple there recently-
they were Gainesville residents that were targeted because "they looked like they had something to lose."

his words.

My local news serves the Ocala area as well as Gainesville. There have been no reports of any remains found as of 6am on. I'm sure you heard it, I just think it's interesting it has not been mentioned again.

The Ocala National Forest is lovely to drive through en route to Daytona but I (and all of my braver friends) do not camp or hike there. My son's godfather had his jeep broken into by someone shooting the windshield out. They got his digi cam. He was camping with his wife (my son's godmother) a few miles into the brush. That was a close enough call for all of us.

Eileen Wuornos is just one individual responsible for the bodies that show up in the forest. That kid that shot the young couple there recently-
they were Gainesville residents that were targeted because "they looked like they had something to lose."

his words.

Interesting, I thought the kid wanted to be a serial killer. I always heard you could easily get lost in the forest

Interesting, I thought the kid wanted to be a serial killer. I always heard you could easily get lost in the forest

He did, indeed, want to be a serial killer. You're right about that. That was a seriously frightening case.

I've come to the conclusion in the last year that National Forests are not
safe places to camp or hike. You hear of too many murders that happen in them and really, they are a perfect place for a serial killer/rapist to hang out.

Kinda o/t but not really.......I went to the NAtional Center for Missing and Exploited Children and plugged in all missing for Maine (where I live)......3 PEOPLE IN 99 yrs....missing in 1971, 1986, and 1984 something like that........then I did Florida.......there were over 300 cases most of them recent from 2008! its amazing based on what part of the country you live in how different things happen.

Kinda freakin out I live in Florida! Eeek!:waitasec:

Florida is the favorite dumping ground of serial killers, IMHO. I often wondered why that is.

Per Boatman :

"I used to think stuff like that was appalling, you know. ... I'm not saying like I don't care emotional wise or I don't have emotions or what not. I'm just saying a I don't feel them like I should," Boatman told then-Detective Jeff Owens.

I think they should check the water supplies in Florida.

They might as well check the water supplies throughout the nation honestly

http://profilesfldeathrow.wordpress.com/2007/09/19/cole-loran-k/

On Friday, 02/18/94, John Edwards met his sister Pam for a weekend camping trip in the Ocala National Forest. While they were setting up camp in the Hopkins Prairie, Loran Cole stopped by, introduced himself as “Kevin” and helped them get settled. Later that evening, Cole returned to the Edwards’ campsite with William Paul, who he introduced as his brother, even though the two men were not related. After sitting around the campfire, the four decided to go for a walk.

While walking, Cole attacked Pam, throwing her to the ground, hitting her on the head and putting her in handcuffs. At the same time, John began to struggle with Paul. John took possession of a walking stick that Paul was carrying, and proceeded to beat him with it. With Pam in handcuffs, Cole helped Paul restrain John and laid him next to his sister on the ground. While Cole and Paul were robbing the siblings, all John could do was apologize to his sister for having put her in such a dangerous situation.

Paul moved Pam up the trail, and Cole stayed behind with John, beating him for hurting his “brother” with the walking stick in the earlier altercation. Soon Cole joined Paul and Pam, and told them they were going to wait until John passed out. Cole then went back to where John lay injured and slit his throat, telling Pam that he was only moving John off the trail and tying him up. John died from a slashed throat and numerous skull fractures.
Cole and Paul took Pam back to the campsite where Cole raped her.

The next day, Cole claimed he was going to check on John and told Pam that he was all right. Cole then raped Pam again, gagged her, and tied her between two trees. Pam was able to free herself from the ropes on early Sunday morning. Fearing for her brother’s safety, she stayed put for a while; however, Pam eventually flagged down a motorist who took her to call police. Cole and Paul were identified from the detailed description Pam gave to police and arrested on 02/21/94.

:(
Sorry if OT, but I wanted to help confirm that yes indeed, Ocala National Park has been off of my list of places to visit for a very long time.

Kinda freakin out I live in Florida! Eeek!:waitasec:

Check out the site. I didn't go through all of them, but most were parental abductions. Many had hispanic names, not to sound racist as my hubby is MX and our 2 kids chicanos, but it wouldn't surprise me if these kids were living on some small ranch in Mexico with their grandma's.
I also noticed several abductions by non-custodial mothers and based on my research, Florida's child welfare system is notorious for taking kids, putting them in crappy foster homes (I'm not critcizing all) and never giving them back.

Florida is the favorite dumping ground of serial killers, IMHO. I often wondered why that is.

Climate? A somewhat transient population where a lot of people don't even know their next door neighbors? Easy access and easy to travel via interstates? I don't know but I've wondered the same thing myself.

I do know that the ONF is remote, heavily populated by unsavory critters and therefore probably a good place to kill someone and/or dispose of a body. Plus at night it's darker than dark.

Regardless, even if it's not Caylee, this discovery will help a family bring 'home' a missing loved one...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back