Identified! FL - Marion Co., Human torso found in river, Sep'08 - Everett Jackson

I hope this is Caylee,Jen Kesse, or Trenton. These families need closure!

thanks for the link - how long does it usually take to identify?

omgosh, I was just thinking as I was reading that, what if it was Caylee, her body couldve possibly floated down the river or washed up there after the storms. The boater found the remains by a bridge. :(

I have a bad (good if it brings closure, I guess) feeling about this one.

The identity and sex of the remains are unknown, and it's not known if the remains are that of a child or an adult, deputies said

I hope this is Caylee,Jen Kesse, or Trenton. These families need closure!

ditto to that.

wouldn't they be able to tell right away though if it's an adult or a child? I'm surprised no distinction has been made yet, even if they haven't identified the person yet.

omgosh, I was just thinking as I was reading that, what if it was Caylee, her body couldve possibly floated down the river or washed up there after the storms. The boater found the remains by a bridge. :(

this is a gruesome note - in the news I saw a picture of a bunch of caskets from Texas cemeteries that had "floated' to the surface from all the flooding...so I wonder now if all the flooding increases the likelihood of remains, not just Caylee's, being discovered- I hope it does.

ditto to that.

wouldn't they be able to tell right away though if it's an adult or a child? I'm surprised no distinction has been made yet, even if they haven't identified the person yet.

Probably want to be sure before they report any information.

"in the news I saw a picture of a bunch of caskets from Texas cemeteries that had "floated' to the surface from all the flooding..."

Wow, that is really sad. :(

Same thing happened with Hurricane Katrina, coffins and random dead people found without their coffins. Some had been dead for hundreds of years. The thing about New Orleans is they bury above ground to begin with since they are below sea level. Dig there and the hole fills with water.

It could also be another "smiley-face" gang murder, where they leave the body in a river.

Looks like it would take about an hour and a half to get there from Orlando Florida, by car. But unfortunately, there are lots of murders/deaths in Florida, as elsewhere in the country, so it's not likely Caylee. Poor thing.

Well she was out of gas when she parked at Amscot. Maybe she had enough to dump little Caylee far away from Orlando but somewhere she was familiar (CA's parents live there).

yeah I don't live in a big hurricane part of the country (New England), so I'm just curious, does this normally happen in Florida after hurricanes and flooding? up here it's more like, after the snow melts things become "uncovered".

Your friend was DW here in San Diego? I read about that. It's still unsolved right? I'm sorry for your loss. It's sad, when nobody knows nothing, and for the family and friends have to go through it. What part of SD were you from?

La Jolla most recent, born and raised in Chula Vista. DW was a friend through my boyfriend, from OC, there for the surf shop convention. It's really sad. He wasn't even drunk when he left HRC, he only had to go a few blocks to the hotel, but instead ended up rolled in carpet 6 miles away.

couldn't they tell from the size of the bones? I mean, if they were small it would be a child right? Maybe it's an older child or a small adult?

this is a gruesome note - in the news I saw a picture of a bunch of caskets from Texas cemeteries that had "floated' to the surface from all the flooding...so I wonder now if all the flooding increases the likelihood of remains, not just Caylee's, being discovered- I hope it does.

Yeah that happened in KS during that huge flood that happened in the 90's. I lived there at the time and kept hearing local news stories about old cemetaries being so flooded the caskets were floating to the surface.

Does anyone know if this location is across from the Little Econlockhatchee Park?

I have not yet read this whole thread, but I am here in Marion county right now. My Dad is not feeling well so I had to come see him. I can tell you when I went to Disney from here it took 45 minutes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back