FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
As doctors treated the horrific injuries of victims shot in the Pulse nightclub massacre here, a mistaken report of a gunman nearby forced officials to briefly lock down the emergency room; the medical staff shoved heavy X-ray machines against the doors, creating a makeshift barricade in a treatment bay.

Emergency room physicians ran low on tubes needed to reinflate the lungs of patients shot in the chest. The doctors scrambled to make sense of gunshot wounds because paramedics had rushed victims in with no time to assess their conditions. The hospital’s emergency preparedness manager, asleep at home, received an urgent email but did not respond until awakened by text.

But of the 44 patients brought to Orlando Regional Medical Center with life-threatening gunshot wounds in the early hours of June 12, 35 survived.

The Pulse nightclub massacre has put Orlando on a growing roster of places — Columbine, Virginia Tech, Aurora, Newtown, Paris, San Bernardino — forced to confront attacks with injuries comparable to those in war zones. More will become clear over time, but Orlando’s response is already beginning to provide lessons on the challenges, large and small, of dealing with mass shootings, as well as what went right and what went wrong, what can be anticipated and what cannot.

Much more at the link:
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/2...-lessons.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

Is it true that the person that crashed into the funeral procession, was simply in a rush and didn't realize that cops were pulling up along the side on motorcycles?

Or was this something more sinister?

oh my that is chilling

Interesting

The story just gets more and more complex. From teh ABC State of Union linked earlier, there is truth in the gun store angle. It has been presented that the store "ttok action" wtc. Actualy what happened was LE was invoved with store for some unrelated matter, and it like briefly "came up". Not the repeesentation made by the store owner. Sounded like and oh,by the way deal....................

Angels Quietly Block Westboro Protesters at Orlando Funeral
As thousands gathered in Orlando, Florida, on Saturday to mourn the death of Christopher Andrew Leinonen, who was killed last weekend during the worst mass shooting in modern history, a handful of protesters from Westboro Baptist Church were among them.

But their incendiary, anti-gay signs were met by counter-protesters who've made a tradition of blocking them out with a powerful symbol: angel wings.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/or...k-westboro-protesters-orlando-funeral-n595311

Same link

one of the victims was illigal immiagrant from Mexico. Family wants to take him back to Mexico for burial. But dad is also illigal, and if dad goes he wont be able to come back to life he made here

I think an exception should be made , jjeezzzzzzzzz

Same link

one of the victims was illigal immiagrant from Mexico. Family wants to take him back to Mexico for burial. But dad is also illigal, and if dad goes he wont be able to come back to life he made here

What a terrible situation to be faced with. On top of everything - heartbreaking.

I think the release of exhanges will interesting and might give us info as to state of mind etc

Is he going to be repetive? All over the place? etc

would be better to hear them actually.

I do not fully understand the do not revictimize victims?

Releasing anything would do that - so if they are going to do it - do it

http://www.cp24.com/world/fbi-to-re...n-pulse-nightclub-gunman-and-police-1.2952838
FBI to release conversations between Pulse nightclub gunman and police

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Federal investigators promised to provide more insight as to what was happening inside the Pulse nightclub after a gunman started a deadly assault that was the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

The FBI was releasing on Monday a printed, partial transcript of the conversations between the gunman within the Pulse gay nightclub and Orlando police negotiators, U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch said.

Same link

I don't know. Seems to me, if the kid immigrated, then he wanted to be here. I feel for his family, but to save themselves further grief, I think that they should bury him here. They could have had him cremated and sent his cremains back to his place of origin. JMO

Everyday! A great find-look at it everyone it has graphics that give a sense of what was going on the best one yet IMO

It also , like everything else in this mess is more than befuddling. Broadcastify claims that its servers went down the entire event.

But in thispiece they have small snippets of audio that says from Broadcastify?

As you can see from this investigation, we are going back and learning everything we can about this killer, about his contacts, people who may have known him or seen him. And we're trying to build that profile so that we can move forward," Lynch said.

Lynch said she would be travelling to Orlando on Tuesday to meet with investigators.

Speaking to CBS' "Face The Nation," Lynch said that a key goal of the investigation was to determine why Mateen targeted the gay community. The victims were predominantly gay and Hispanic since it was "Latin night" at Pulse.
http://www.thefreepress.ca/national/383622601.html

I wonder who has that jewelry now.

Me too. With the house for 10 dollars and now this. Whoever got the jewelry surely would have asked him why all of a sudden such an expensive gift. The rental car also seems like maybe was done to try to protect the other vehicle. The list is getting longer with things he did that seem to imply he knew he was not going to make it out alive.

I really have to wonder how many people that he knew closely may have known of his plans and did nothing to warn anyone.

It will be tough to prove prior knowledge. One thing that may help LE see if anyone had any prior knowledge is by getting cell phone records and text messages from SM. It may uncover a lot.

they put this out on the 16

ClGmHwFUkAA6rne.jpg

Orlando Police Chief John Mina acknowledged that it was possible people were struck during the crossfire when SWAT officers fired at Mateen during the hostage rescue, saying that this would be part of the investigation into what happened. The SWAT commander at Pulse said Sunday he was not sure if any victims may have been struck by officers’ gunfire, and the chief medical examiner has said he does not know.

The autopsy are done. I do not understand this . Gun fragments can tell this.

Autopsies of all of 49 people killed at Pulse were finished by Tuesday

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/06/19/what-we-still-dont-know-about-the-orlando-shooting-rampage/?utm_term=.9feebacd8b93

The FBI and a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office did not immediately respond to requests for comment Sunday about the decision not to release the autopsy reports or say if any of the victims were killed by crossfire.
Stephany said his office did not collect information on whether any victims were killed by police gunfire.
“There would be no way for me to tell if they were shot by police or the shooter,” Stephany said. “The same gun can hold different kinds of projectiles. There are too many variables. I am not going to speculate.”

oh come on!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ando-shooting-rampage/?utm_term=.9feebacd8b93

Orlando Police Chief John Mina acknowledged that it was possible people were struck during the crossfire when SWAT officers fired at Mateen during the hostage rescue, saying that this would be part of the investigation into what happened. The SWAT commander at Pulse said Sunday he was not sure if any victims may have been struck by officers’ gunfire, and the chief medical examiner has said he does not know.

The autopsy are done. I do not understand this . Gun fragments can tell this.

Autopsies of all of 49 people killed at Pulse were finished by Tuesday

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/06/19/what-we-still-dont-know-about-the-orlando-shooting-rampage/?utm_term=.9feebacd8b93

If OM and law enforcement used the same or similar caliber ammunition, preliminary autopsy results would not be definitive.

MEs are not qualified to make those determinations. For him to speculate publicly based upon the autopsy findings would be irresponsible, IMO.

One of the critical tasks in understanding Sunday’s shooting inside an Orlando nightclub involves knowing the history of every bullet that killed 49 people and wounded 53 others.

In a Monday morning news conference, Paul Wysopal, the FBI special agent in charge of the investigation at Pulse — a gay nightclub — said an FBI shooting reconstruction team from Quantico, Virginia, will analyze the shooting scene.

“What their job is is to document every round, every shot that had been fired throughout the entire incident,” said Clinton Van Zandt, former FBI criminal profiler, and the FBI’s former chief hostage negotiator. “Who had fired the various bullets, where the individual shooters were positioned when they fired, and which gun had fired which round that was recovered at the scene.”

Van Zandt said the shooting reconstruction, when used in conjunction with autopsy results, will verify how each person died.

http://wtop.com/national/2016/06/fbi-team-from-quantico-to-reconstruct-orlando-shooting-scene/

Additionally, it seems likely (due to velocity) that some of the bullets may have passed through some of the bodies, potentially leaving only fragments for the medical examinations to recover.

The size of entrance and exit wounds can give some indication as to the caliber, but cannot match those wounds to a particular gun.

There are literally many moving parts involved in a mass shooting. Reconstruction of the crime scenes take a considerable amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph