FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering:

Were federal charges ever filed for fraud? I'm having a hard time finding a site to search. Im not even sure is pacer what I want? Im not paying to look up charges. :)

Would the feds hold up on charges to let Florida try him first?

Could he be transferred to a federal prison at a later date?

Jmo

The Todt children were in grave danger and were homeschooled too. Doesn’t necessarily mean anything more than two separate facts. But it is my opinion that homeschooled kids tend to be more isolated which can lead to them being more vulnerable, as was posted earlier. Valid comment trying to understand why no one noticed this family self destructing.

Many homeschool children are above average cognitively and parents want them to learn at an accelerated rate. Some parents homeschool for religious reasons; others do it for prestige (this homeschool group comes off as elite - maybe specialize in producing music students that get full scholarships?) Whatever the reason, the fact remains that they were homeschooled. It is also a fact that they were murdered in their home. IMO, relevant to discussion/speculation.

Homeschooling isn’t necessarily a bad thing, i was homeschooled for a good chunk of my school life, my mom had to do a registration ordeal with the school district and we got things for events like tickets to lessons and we got to do field trips to museums etc and there was always other kids around and other kids that were being homeschooled were also at these places too. It was nice having the one on one help with homework as I had an IEP due to ADD so I really needed the one on one. If you’re doing the homeschooling the right and legal way it’s pretty beneficial. Some people have to do homeschool because of the parents jobs if it requires traveling, it’s really not as isolating as people think, like I said as long as you are doing it right. That’s just my bit on the homeschool aspect. moo jmo imo

In this case I feel that mom enjoyed doing homeschooling her babies, she was also educated and had the extra time on her hands to do it. Some parents absolutely love spending every second with their kiddos and would like to be there for their education and there is nothing wrong with that.

but I can also see people do it for all the wrong reasons. But in this case I feel she genuinely liked doing it.

Moo jmo imo speculation

Wondering:

Were federal charges ever filed for fraud? I'm having a hard time finding a site to search. Im not even sure is pacer what I want? Im not paying to look up charges. :)

Would the feds hold up on charges to let Florida try him first?

Could he be transferred to a federal prison at a later date?

Jmo
I don't think Todt was actually charged, IMO the investigation was ongoing.

I was under the impression they finally showed up with a federal arrest warrant, so they never executed the warrant?
No, I dont think so, i think the murders superseded the warrant being executed. I've looked on pacer but i dont think that is the right place to look.

I was under the impression they finally showed up with a federal arrest warrant, so they never executed the warrant?

I read a report somewhere that the feds were surveilling him and working with local LE, so I think they were wrapping up and perhaps intending to serve, but Nikynoo is correct...murders ended up taking precedence. I also recall Feds being in conversation with him via phone calls and Tony putting them off saying in one conversation that he's meeting with a lawyer friend to get a lawyer referral; and in another call, that he was meeting with said lawyer "that afternoon." The feds must have been getting wind that he was dodging them.

I read a report somewhere that the feds were surveilling him and working with local LE, so I think they were wrapping up and perhaps intending to serve, but Nikynoo is correct...murders ended up taking precedence. I also recall Feds being in conversation with him via phone calls and Tony putting them off saying in one conversation that he's meeting with a lawyer friend to get a lawyer referral; and in another call, that he was meeting with said lawyer "that afternoon." The feds must have been getting wind that he was dodging them.

I should have cited my source regarding the warrant. I'm curious when they will charge him. I'm only speculating they are letting the murder case close to take him into custody. Federal warrant/federal prison. I'm guessing it will be whichever federal prison serves Connecticut? Jmo

Deputies with the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office noticed a “strong foul odor” when they entered the home in Celebration, located near Orlando on the outskirts of Disney World, to execute a federal warrant for Todt’s arrest, an arrest affidavit said.

Family of Florida dad Anthony Todt found decomposed with stab wounds in home as new details emerge

I should have cited my source regarding the warrant. I'm curious when they will charge him. I'm only speculating they are letting the murder case close to take him into custody. Federal warrant/federal prison. I'm guessing it will be whichever federal prison serves Connecticut? Jmo

Deputies with the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office noticed a “strong foul odor” when they entered the home in Celebration, located near Orlando on the outskirts of Disney World, to execute a federal warrant for Todt’s arrest, an arrest affidavit said.

Family of Florida dad Anthony Todt found decomposed with stab wounds in home as new details emerge
TBH, I am wondering whether they will bother. As things currently stand, he will never be let out of prison. IF he does gets less than a life sentence, then I think they will charge, but not otherwise. Its a waste of resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheGingerSnoop