FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
**from presser.
TT's family called for welfare check because they had the flu.

If my brother said his family had the flu and then didn't answer when cops came I'd be on the first plane. MOO

So weird.

It certainly did cement the fact that the sisters behavior was odd. WHY wouldn't they have wanted neighbors to go and knock? It reinforces my thoughts that he told them what he did at some point and was threatening self-harm.

Also visited the home one other time, with nothing suspicious noticed.
Resources for crisis help.

Questions: believe everyone already dead on 12/29? Possibility.
why didn't go back after 12/29? not uncommon to not go back to house, if we don't hear back from family
During well being check 12/29 no one answered door, home was not entered.
TT being investigated for an unknown reason by local authorities in CT.
Bodies in home entire time based on known info.
No reports of odors.
TT taken to hospital before arrest he had taken Benadryl and was talking of harming himself. Released this morning 01/15.

Checked house, walked around, looked around house checked with neighbors on 12/29 welfare check. Family was known to travel. Didn't rise to a level of suspicious.

TT still talking to detectives.

BBM. To add further detail to the bolded - that was on 1/9 and was not an additional welfare check. It was the first attempt to serve the warrant. No one answered and they looked around outside a bit and nothing was noticed at that time.

Last edited:
LOL - i think someone said like for his size he'd have to take 1000 tablets to OD. He had enough medical training to know that too. Coward. MOO

It's a lot, but not that much. For a 200lb adult its about 73 to 146 25mg pills (typical pill) according to this.
Death may occur within 2 hours of overdose, with a fatal dose for children estimated to be 500 mg and for adults 20 to 40 mg/kg.

I am thinking that this may be the manner of death for at least the kids, though. Since the sheriff said he was waiting for the corner/pathologist to state the manner of death.

Honestly, I think he killed them before Christmas.

Family texted him for pictures of the kids opening presents. He responded they they were sleeping. But no pictures were ever sent. Megan didn't respond to Merry Christmas text messages. I think this was the red flag for the family. The probably was dodging their call/texts, then finally told them that the family had the flu. And after several days of not hearing from Megan & the kids - they called for a welfare check. Either way, I'm pretty sure they were already gone by 12/29 when the police came out to do the welfare check.

It may not have been a sister either. Presser only said a family member.

Honestly, I think he killed them before Christmas.

Family texted him for pictures of the kids opening presents. He responded they they were sleeping. But no pictures were ever sent. Megan didn't respond to Merry Christmas text messages. I think this was the red flag for the family. The probably was dodging their call/texts, then finally told them that the family had the flu. And after several days of not hearing from Megan & the kids - they called for a welfare check. Either way, I'm pretty sure they were already gone by 12/29 when the police came out to do the welfare check.

It may not have been a sister either. Presser only said a family member.

I definitely think they were gone on 12/29. I'm on the fence about before Christmas now (that was my initial guess, too) just because the sheriff said the condition of the bodies was consistent with the end of Dec. I think it's really odd that there was a week to week and a half that no one heard from anyone other than Tony if they weren't already dead. The piano teacher did state she got a response from Megan about lessons the first week of 2020, but since that's completely isolated, I think it's very likely that was Tony.

I think it was one of the sisters that called, but I do not understand their actions after that. Completely mystified.

**from presser.
TT's family called for welfare check because they had the flu.

If my brother said his family had the flu and then didn't answer when cops came I'd be on the first plane. MOO

So weird.

Right? I'm thinking about my own family, with multiple smart phones per household. If no one was responding to me, and no answer by police, I'd be begging police to force entry while driving to the airport. (And while I don't blame the police, we've seen it before where an initial welfare check was fruitless, and body(ies) found subsequently. Such as in the missing baby Vanessa case here in CT.)

It certainly did cement the fact that the sisters behavior was odd. WHY wouldn't they have wanted neighbors to go and knock? It reinforces my thoughts that he told them what he did at some point and was threatening self-harm.

I think this is a very good possibility. It could explain the sisters unease, for sure.

Tony was being investigated for fraud involving his business license being expired and still treating patients and billing insurance companies. The last date wife was heard from was 12/20

Not entirely correct. There was a warrant out for his arrest from DHS. The AG has confirmed there was a False Claims Act investigation. It's very likely the two are related, but we don't (and won't for some time - False Claims Act filings are filed under seal) know exactly what things were involved in that investigation.

He was not, in fact, practicing without a license. The PT license in CT has a 90-day grace period, so if he worked until Thanksgiving he was still in that 90-day period. His license expired on 9/30/19 so he could practice until 12/29/19 without any issue. It's showing lapsed now, because it is past the 91st day and he didn't renew.
Grace Period

Pursuant to Section 19a-88(e)(4)f, Connecticut General Statutes, all licenses issued by the PLIS have a grace period of 90 days following expiration during which time the licensee may continue to practice and renew the license. On the 91st day, the license becomes void and the licensee must apply for reinstatement.

That's for his PT license. What is your source for an expired business license?

If you want to feel a little better, check out the two boys playing piano and the mom's responses on her Facebook. At least it made me feel better to see that the children seemed to have a full and happy life, and were very loved, before their untimely death. I was following Roman Lopez, but had to stop, and maybe take a break entirely, when I saw pictures of him, thin and sad. And then deceased. I think I'll take a break and hope that they had no idea what was about to happen to them.

ETA - what I mean to say is that their deaths were tragic, but their lives were not.

Last edited:
Christmas would have been a huge red flag.
Was it Tony’s sister doing the FB alert?
Anything from Megan’s family?

It was two of Tony's sisters for sure (there was at least one more woman, but I'm not sure of her relation to Tony). They were always very vague when people asked about Megan or Megan's family. Lots of speculation, but that would be sleuthing family, so I won't post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94