Fl - Michael Shaver, 36, murdered, Clermont, 2015 *Wife and teen arrested 2023*

It's mind boggling, for sure. From what I have been finding, via posts on the missing fb page, from friends and family and co-workers, it wasn't that unusual for him to distance himself for months when going through marriage difficulties, which apparently was often. But two years? I can't wrap my head around that.

From an above link:
However, as deputies walked with her to the backyard, they noticed a concrete slab with a three-foot-by-six-foot depression with brownish discoloration in the center, according to reports. Investigators also reported that it seemed a fresh layer of concrete had been poured near the depression.

When deputies asked Laurie Shaver if they could bring a law enforcement dog that searches for cadavers to search the area, she suddenly stopped talking, according to reports.

“That’s when she stopped cooperating and asked for an attorney,” Lt. John Herrell said.
Sheriff’s officials obtained a search warrant and borrowed a law-enforcement dog that searches for cadavers from the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office.
“When they came out to search the property, the dog alerted to an area of interest” in the yard, Herrell said.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-lake-sheriff-missing-man-clermont-20180309-story.html

Seems pretty likely he is in the backyard, JMO. So did someone make up a fake fb account for him and occasionally post to it? :thinking:

Cadaver dogs have alerted in an area of the back yard of the Shaver residence.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-lake-sheriff-missing-man-clermont-20180309-story.html

From the Article:

Sheriff’s officials obtained a search warrant and borrowed a law-enforcement dog that searches for cadavers from the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office.

“When they came out to search the property, the dog alerted to an area of interest” in the yard, Herrell said.

From the same article:

Michael Shaver’s older sister, Stacie Shaver, 46, of Cooperstown, N.Y., said her family has been trying to locate her brother. But they didn’t think anything was wrong because his Facebook page was regularly updated.

“We didn’t want to get the authorities involved because we thought we could find him on our own,” Stacie Shaver said. “We knew that he was going through some marital issues. We thought he wanted to be by himself.”

From an above link:

Seems pretty likely he is in the backyard, JMO. So did someone make up a fake fb account for him and occasionally post to it? :thinking:

It is not a fake fb account. It is, in fact, Michael's account. Someone, however, has been posting to it all all along, apparently. This is probably why friends, family, co-workers, though while concerned about his absence, seemed to assure themselves it was just because he was shutting out everyone like he did (apparently) when having marriage troubles. I would think obtaining the ip address of the posts would clarify who was posting, and by that I mean I think it would show the posts came from that home's computer ip address.

With all due respect to the family, I can see this being the case for a few days - but not years. Then again, my family keeps in close touch and I know that's not always the case.

My guess is the wife got nervous about the new "husband"/child and thought she needed to report him missing so she didn't get in trouble for bigamy.

My opinion only

From the same article:

Michael Shaver’s older sister, Stacie Shaver, 46, of Cooperstown, N.Y., said her family has been trying to locate her brother. But they didn’t think anything was wrong because his Facebook page was regularly updated.

“We didn’t want to get the authorities involved because we thought we could find him on our own,” Stacie Shaver said. “We knew that he was going through some marital issues. We thought he wanted to be by himself.”

With all due respect to the family, I can see this being the case for a few days - but not years. Then again, my family keeps in close touch and I know that's not always the case.

My guess is the wife got nervous about the new "husband"/child and thought she needed to report him missing so she didn't get in trouble for bigamy.

My opinion only

But she didn't report him missing. It was a friend of Michael's that finally reported him missing. When the police went there to talk to her, she claimed she hadn't seem him since 2014.

ETA: Some articles say that she said she hadn't seem him since 2015, while others say 2014. I have no idea which she said, and one or the other is clearly in error.

It is not a fake fb account. It is, in fact, Michael's account. Someone, however, has been posting to it all all along, apparently. This is probably why friends, family, co-workers, though while concerned about his absence, seemed to assure themselves it was just because he was shutting out everyone like he did (apparently) when having marriage troubles. I would think obtaining the ip address of the posts would clarify who was posting, and by that I mean I think it would show the posts came from that home's computer ip address.

Yes, that too. I suppose whomever is posting could have changed his location to Wisconsin.

Oh I see, I misunderstood. Yea that's definitely suspicious.

But she didn't report him missing. It was a friend of Michael's that finally reported him missing. When the police went there to talk to her, she claimed she hadn't seem him since 2014.

ETA: Some articles say that she said she hadn't seem him since 2015, while others say 2014. I have no idea which she said, and one or the other is clearly in error.

Oh dear lord. I wonder how long new husband has been in her life? This isn't good at all

[h=1]Deputies: Bone discovered beneath concrete slab at missing Lake County man's home[/h]
LAKE COUNTY, Fla. - A human arm bone was discovered Friday afternoon beneath a concrete slab at the rural Lake County home of a man who vanished three years ago, the Lake County Sheriff's Office said.

Investigators used cadaver dogs, ground-penetrating radar and a backhoe while searching the property.
Earlier this month, a friend of Michael Shaver’s asked deputies to perform a well-being check at his home, because he hadn't heard from him since 2015.

No court records were discovered that show the couple divorced, but neighbors told Channel 9 that Laurie Shaver was remarried during a backyard ceremony in the area where investigators searched Friday.

Records said the couple was involved in a domestic dispute in 2014. Deputies said Laurie Shaver struck Michael Shaver with a gun, but he was arrested because it was believed he pulled out the weapon.

Neighbor Curt Ruhl said he was shocked to learn of Friday's developments.
"At this moment, it's really sad," he said. Later, it'll be closure, but right now it's just really sad."
Investigators suspended their search at sundown. They said they'll return to the property Saturday.
http://www.wftv.com/news/local/deputies-return-to-home-of-missing-clermont-man/713520114

Scott Amatuccio, the missing man’s close friend, is the one who contacted the Sheriff’s Office about the disappearance.

“He has two kids that he loves dearly, and it’s not his character to get up and leave and never come back,” Amatuccio said.
Amatuccio says he hasn’t seen Shaver in years. He says for a while, he chalked it up for their busy lives. But in mid-February, he asked deputies to check on the 36-year-old.

“I got this gut wrenching feeling that something is not right,” he explained.
A search for Shaver is underway after nearly three years.
“I want answers and I think everybody wants answers. Nobody just gets up and disappears out of the blue like this,” Amatuccio said.
Deputies have called the case mysterious and suspicious.
http://www.wogx.com/news/detectives-digging-for-body-of-man-who-vanished-in-2015

Wow this is turning into something creepy. My speculation is just maybe she was having an affair and her now "husband" helped murder him and put his body in the backyard. I can't necessarily see the wife doing a concrete slab to cover the body.

Oh my. I can’t believe this happened 3 years ago and she was seemingly enjoying a fire pit over where he was buried. And got married over his body. People never cease to amaze me.

It's mind boggling, for sure. From what I have been finding, via posts on the missing fb page, from friends and family and co-workers, it wasn't that unusual for him to distance himself for months when going through marriage difficulties, which apparently was often. But two years? I can't wrap my head around that.
I think someone may have been texting on his behalf, too...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back