FL - Multiple Fatalities at Mass Shooting at Madden Gaming Tournament, Jacksonville, 26 Aug 2018

from link

david-katz.jpg

he actually has an Aspergers like gaze - not diagnosing -but the more we go that would kinda fit

repetitive stuff (playing) isolative practice speaking a lot not needed just babbling same clothes ( like a lot of the same things over and over food ,clothes way shoes are arranged etc)

did he come from a cold climate??

The article says he's from MD - and his eyes remind me so much of Adam Lanza's eyes, that same look....

This was the qualification matches for the actual tournament to be held later.
So this guy didn't even make it to the tournament itself and still killed people.
Some gamers have been swatting other online players. And this guy went above and beyond.
Too much anger for guys that just sit in their mammas house all day and play games. :(

what does swatting entail!

Should I be anxious?

I do have to assume we are not talking about flies at a BBQ

what does swatting entail!

Should I be anxious?

I do have to assume we are not talking about flies at a BBQ
Swatting - Wikipedia
Swatting is the harassment tactic of deceiving an emergency service (via such means as hoaxing an emergency services dispatcher) into sending a police and emergency service response team to another person's address. This is triggered by false reporting of a serious law enforcement emergency, such as a bomb threat, murder, hostage situation, or other alleged incident

Damn, that's fascinating!

And I had no idea:
Robert Morris University was the first school to offer an eSports scholarship in 2014, and today the National Association of Collegiate eSports (itself established in 2016) recognizes competitive gaming programs at more than 60 colleges nationwide, while many more schools have unofficial yet successful clubs. But in 2012, it was impossible for Potthoff to know how big eSports would become in just a few years. There was no stable career path toward playing games professionally, so going to college was viewed as a separate, responsible, pursuit.

Replying to my own post. I guess eSports are a legitimate thing, but as to defining gaming as a sport-sport, opinions are mixed.

Decent article here from the BBC:

Is computer gaming really sport?

Its called talking to yourselt my dear EU

May I ask -- some of you know quite a lot about this particular event and game -- how old are u?

I only used u to seem younger than I am !!

you I can spell/type most of the time!!

What I would like to know is, if Katz did not make it as a professional career sports gamer, what did he have to fall back on?

Here is an interesting factoid:

NFL Player Fact vs. Fiction | NFL Football Operations

The overall college graduation rate of about 80 percent among retired NFL players is much higher than the general population rate of 30 percent.

Also of interest:

Average age in esports vs. major sports

What happens when the sports gamer reaches retirement age?

hopefully they made it to the 11 million jackpot!

Or being a professional gambler and a gambling addict.

Well said.

or...... a professional drinker and an alcoholic!

oh give me a effing break

we did prank calls

like the classic

is your refrigerator running?

You better catch it

hang up

giggle

dial again

long aerials of scene - but it does move around with FF!

Caller ID means kids today know nothing of prank calls! They knot swatting, trolling, doxxing, catfishing. :)

Getting a strong "Adam Lanza" vibe from this deceased creep.
Hope Katz's rotting in eternal darkness.

Sad for all who had the misfortune to cross paths with this murderer --wonder if they're second-guessing conversations with him ?

And one would think there were warning signs as to the path he ultimately chose ?

Put in the most simplest terms, this situation is going to boil down to:
Spoiled Brat + Sore Loser = Violent Tantrum

This is what happens when people don't learn how to fail. Life is about learning from your failures. Participant Trophies only exacerbate the problem.

I can't even begin to say what would cause this pathetic person to do such a thing, but I for one am not a believer in "everyone gets a trophy".

This stuff needs to stop.
Lord help us all!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard