FL - Officer Jose Somohano, 37, shot to death, Miami, 13 Sept 2007

The first name released of the suspect is incorrect. It was apparently a stolen identity.
That person is in Jacksonville and has been cleared as a suspect in these shootings.

The alleged perp's name that shot the 4 officers is Shawn Labeet - 25 years old.

The first name released of the suspect is incorrect. It was apparently a stolen identity.
That person is in Jacksonville and has been cleared as a suspect in these shootings.

The alleged perp's name that shot the 4 officers is Shawn Labeet - 25 years old.

Has been spotted in Central Broward county in a 2007 black pontiac vibe with a woman and two kids inside.

Tag number W59EPT just quoted on WSVN Chif O'Brien - WSVN has live streaming...

Has been spotted in Central Broward county in a 2007 black pontiac vibe with a woman and two kids inside.

Do they know if he took the lady and kids hostage? Could he be with a relative that's helping him escape?

OMG!!!! Prayers to the woman and her kids. How awful for them. I hope they make it out alive.

I just called the police department to see if I could go home. They couldn't give me an answer, she said that there were several areas closed and if I live in one of them I can't get home. I even told her where I live and she couldn't give me an answer.
Then again I suppose they have to be careful because I could be a friend of the killer trying to find out what areas are blocked.
Damn. I sure don't want to get jacked or find someone at my house. Hope they catch this jerk soon.

Observer maybe you should meet a friend for dinner or something tonight, away from where you live. I also wouldn't go into your house alone if he hasn't been caught yet. Make sure you lock your doors when you are driving. O.K. I officially sound like my mother lol I'm sorry I am just worried about you.

Do they know if he took the lady and kids hostage? Could he be with a relative that's helping him escape?

Chief O'Brien did not specifiy who the woman and kids were - not sure they have an identity on her and the children - LE is checking to try and find out... sorry no more mews than that.

Amber Alert issued

Good Lord! They must be terrified! Please, God, don't let him hurt them!

I haven't heard but more than likely --- I'd say yes! That poor woman must be sooo petrified! And think about it, she probably has to try to play it cool, 'for her kids' sake! :eek:

My sis-in-law just called me from Broward and says it's just beserk around there!

I haven't heard but more than likely --- I'd say yes! That poor woman must be sooo petrified! And think about it, she probably has to try to play it cool, 'for her kids' sake! :eek:

My sis-in-law just called me from Broward and says it's just beserk around there!

Woman who gave name of Kevin Wehner has been hauled in by th epolice - apparently for lying to LE about LaBeets identity. Aiding and abetting charges may be filed for providing false information. LaBeet has a previous arrest warrant in Broward Co for aggravated assault.

Oh, gosh,
Prayers to everyone there. What a horrible situation.

This suspect has been captured! (MSNBC news)

Apparently the car described above has been found at the Coral Ridge Mall.

A male, female and two children have been taken into custody at the Coral Ridge Mall - no report confirming if it is or is not LaBeet but it is the car and plate number being looked for.

A male, female and two children have been taken into custody at the Coral Ridge Mall - no report confirming if it is or is not LaBeet but it is the car and plate number being looked for.

So then she must have been helping him.... ugh!! :furious: :furious:

NOW MSNBC is saying there is no signs that they have taken the suspect but that the car has been located!!

Sorry about the wrong info posted above, but I posted what they said before!

Now MSNBC is reporting that two suspects have been taken into custody but it is not known if one of those is Shawn Labeet! :confused:

SUSPECT has NOT been captured!!!! (MSNBC!)

It was not the suspect in the car.

CMDR OBrien just reported LaBeet was not in the car - the people from the car may be relatives or a friend - supposedly LaBeets brother and his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back