GUILTY FL - Paul Blair for sexual assault of children, Pomona Park, 2011

Well, from the article...

According to Christensen, Blair has a life-threatening illness, which the judge said was taken into account when determining the length of his prison sentence.

"Because he does has a sickness that possibly will not let him spend out his entire sentence, that has been taken into consideration by the state and their recommendation that he has accepted is for 25 years in prison for each of the two counts," Christensen said. "That's what I will abide by."

So in essence he got life.

It chaps my butt that he will be receiving medical help and room and board for the rest of his miserable life paid for by the taxpayers.........:banghead:

Ex-officer admits to molesting hundreds

By Julie Martin
Published: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 1:03 AM EST
A former Crescent City police officer admitted to a judge Tuesday that he was a pedophile and molested hundreds of children.

Sixty-year-old Pomona Park resident Paul Joseph Blair confessed to a lifetime of sexually abusing children during a dramatic hearing at the Putnam County Courthouse in Palatka.

"I've been a pedophile my whole life," Blair said. "In my lifetime, I've probably molested 200-300 girls."

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2011/03/09/news/news01.txt

Oh and he only got 25 years. Same as Misty Croslin got for selling a few pills.
Same court.
Here is his mugshot http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDetails.aspx?SYSID=760837&IMG=61198

Yep, an 18 year old can go to prison for twenty five years for a drug charge but a Law Enforcement Officer who has hurt and sexually abuse 200 - 300 girls can get this slap on the hand. Makes you wonder how many of his fellow officers turned their heads the other way throughout all the years he was raping these children. I guess they wouldn't dare get one of their own into trouble. I simply can not believe that no other officers didn't know about this.:maddening:

I have to wonder if the very fact that the man has a life threatening illness didn't play into the decision. I cannot tell you the number of times we've been directed to pick up an arrested son (on drug charges, not child abuse issues ever) within hours of his arrest when it is learned that he has a very expensive to treat chronic illness. I agree, this should never be an issue concerning sentencing but I'm almost sure it is. I'll actually be surprised if he's not out of prison far sooner.

And no, this is not fair to the victims AT ALL.

FWIW, the FBI statistics state that the average pedophile racks up 70 plus victims prior to the first arrest. Being a LEO, he was bound to be a bit more savvy and clandestine.

I don't think it should be counted as a true confession unless he names all his victims so that attempts could be made to get the kids help.

Anybody know how this uh, uh man came to come to the attention of the court? Did he just wake up one day and say I think I will confess? IMO the least improbable theory. Or did he get caught because some brave kid finally told on him?

uummmm - Putnam county? ummmm - how old (or what was the general age) of his victims? uummmmm - did Haleigh Cummings name come up? Did this guy know or know of RC and MC? Was this guy a part of the investigation?

uuuuuummmmmmmmmm..........................hhhhhhmmmmmmmm

curiouser and curiouser

I was thinking the same thing.

Wow, just the fact that he gets the same # of years as Misty C. is sickening. I am not saying that Misty may not have other things to pay for, at some point, but for the charges she has been convicted of does not =25 years if molesting up to 300 little girls also does.

This country is having some really bad examples of bad sentencing lately...people need to check their own state laws re:sentencing and write their reps about any that seem seriously out of whack.

uummmm - Putnam county? ummmm - how old (or what was the general age) of his victims? uummmmm - did Haleigh Cummings name come up? Did this guy know or know of RC and MC? Was this guy a part of the investigation?

curiouser and curiouser

What a coinky-dinky that would be!!! Just imagine IF Misty was telling the truth the whole time, and she really didn't know what happened to Hailey, and this LEO snagged Hailey. Oh wait a minute, Misty also said Cousin Joe took Hailey.....nevermind. :loser:

How would he have access to hundreds of kids? Most beat cops do not come across that many. He had to be either a school district cop or perhaps one who worked in a juvenile center. AAAghhhhhhhhhhhh. I want more info.

Oh my God. Sick and he looks like my friend's husband. yuck.:banghead:

Make you wonder what the heck Snodgrass will get.
He still has not went to court.

snip
02/18/2011 222 TRIAL ON 05/02/2011 WITH DOCKET CALL DATE 4/26/2011

docket #542007CF002375XXAXMX

this has been going on since 2007.

Just to refresh some memory
Deputy: Man Abuses 9-Year-Old, Fondles Older Sister
http://www.news4jax.com/news/14898136/detail.html

I don't show Snodgrass showing up in Putman at all....

From reading all the articles, it looks like Blair was charged with two counts of sexual battery, pleaded no contest and made a courtroom confession at a hearing. The judge told him that he could not be convicted on simply a courtroom confession. Once the word got out, several girls stepped forward to give statements. Police are still investigating any new allegations.

So, the 25 years is for the two charges of battery. He could be tried again, IMO.

From reading all the articles, it looks like Blair was charged with two counts of sexual battery, pleaded no contest and made a courtroom confession at a hearing. The judge told him that he could not be convicted on simply a courtroom confession. Once the word got out, several girls stepped forward to give statements. Police are still investigating any new allegations.

So, the 25 years is for the two charges of battery. He could be tried again, IMO.

That's encouraging!

curiouser and curiouser

Wonder if this guy worked under or with Merchant! :waitasec:

Just sayin'.....................
BBM

Nope, not even close:

According to the Crescent City Police Chief Robert Johnson, Blair was employed by his department as a police officer for approximately two years in the early 1990's.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...lestation-charges/2vBPsIFbq0-ePuop94jZcw.cspx

The dedicated members of LE who are investigating Haleigh Cummings' disappearance are the ones that ARRESTED this piece of crap.

Somehow I just can’t believe Crescent City Chief Johnson is part of any “good ole boys” club, and he doesn’t appear to be one who would whitewash anything.

CrescentCheif-1.jpg

Being a cop and sexually abusing little girls he will have a hard time in prison.

If anyone still wonders, I have more info : One of the daughters bravely confessed to a friend at first, and then to family.. That's how it started... He had a different profession that required a lot of traveling , even to other states, so that's how he got that many victims.... It's bad enough to abuse girls, but even your own flesh and blood? There's a special place in hell for people like him, and that's where he is, as to my knowledge he died in 2015, and thus I was never able to dance on his grave with his daughter! Burn in hell Paul Blair!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back