FL FL - Sabrina Aisenberg, 5 months, Valrico, 24 Nov 1997

Could someone please give a link showing that the parents were vindicated? Blueclouds, I noticed you stated this many times but the only links you provided were back to this thread. I read through it, looked at all the links, and I still don't see that evidence. Could someone help me please?

bykerladi said:
Could someone please give a link showing that the parents were vindicated? Blueclouds, I noticed you stated this many times but the only links you provided were back to this thread. I read through it, looked at all the links, and I still don't see that evidence. Could someone help me please?

Hi there...

I'm not familiar with this case, but at google, I learned that the parents were awarded THREE MILLION IN DAMAGES, and there's a messagethread here at WS about botched investigations and this case is included on that thread.

I suggest that you go to google and using the advanced search, put her name in the PHRASE field, and in the MUST INCLUDE field put - parents innocent

There were almost 300 results.

Here is just one of them.

http://www.webbsleuths.com/dcf/MC/264.html

I remember seeing a program about this case I think it was American Justice. It was interesting and thought provoking. The tapes that supposedly caught the parents admitting to a crime against Sabrina were thrown out. They played the tapes and they were really inaudible. The government had to pay damages to the parents. You might try American Justice web site to see if they have details.

So, what are your theories on what happened to baby Sabrina?

It is unlikely that a sexual predator would take a 5 month old.
I know there are total sickos out there, but the vast majority take
older children, not infants.

She could have been sold on the black market, but how likely is that?

This case is so weird!

Yes it is weird. I think the gut reaction is that he parent(s) are involved. Yet children have been taken from the home without leaving forensics. And with what prosecutors and LE did - it really muddies the whole case.

You know if it wasn't the parents - it could have been someone who wanted a child. My own dad was kidnapped from his buggy in the backyard. Luckily they found him - a woman who had lost her own child took him. Though she didn't have to enter the house. And my dad was born in 1929.

You know polygraphs are a tool - an indicator. They are not 100% accurate. So once again it is just quagmire. And I'm not sure who is actually responsible.

Masterj said:
O/T but do you know that many people question the authenticity of those books?
Are you serious? I hope he wasnt lying...

cbcrime said:
Yes it is weird. I think the gut reaction is that he parent(s) are involved. Yet children have been taken from the home without leaving forensics. And with what prosecutors and LE did - it really muddies the whole case.

You know if it wasn't the parents - it could have been someone who wanted a child. My own dad was kidnapped from his buggy in the backyard. Luckily they found him - a woman who had lost her own child took him. Though she didn't have to enter the house. And my dad was born in 1929.

You know polygraphs are a tool - an indicator. They are not 100% accurate. So once again it is just quagmire. And I'm not sure who is actually responsible.

That was my own first impression, that somebody had seen this pretty little baby and had felt, "She looks just like she could be MINE," and simply snatched her -- so it wasn't a family friend, it wasn't someone they knew well, but simply someone who'd seen their daughter and so it was a "crime of opportunity."

Jeana (DP) said:
There was no forensic evidence in the Westerfield case either. Its not unusual. I have no idea what happened to Baby Sabrina, but agree that there are some much needed answers in this case. Before the Westerfield and Fox cases, I would have thought it impossible for someone to enter a home in the night and walk out with a child. I don't any more.
I agree.

It seems to me that it would be far easier to enter a residence and snatch a baby from its crib, than to try to take a baby from a hospital nursery --- and just think of all the security measures that have been put in place to try to prevent that.

It will be very interesting, in decades to come, as DNA-tests become less and less expensive, to see how many "adoptees" never went through official adoption agencies, and are able to find their bio-parents through DNA searches on Internet genaeology sites.

There was a fascinating article about a British teenager who was able to learn his REAL surname from DNA analysis, and then track down his bio-dad online.

Obviously, there are MANY people who desperately WANT infants, or else such stringent security measures wouldn't be necessary at our hospitals.

What security measures do most homes of young families have?

NONE.

How a donor sperm boy traced his father using the internet
By Sam Lister, Health Correspondent

A TEENAGER born from an anonymous sperm donation has managed to track down his biological father using his saliva and the internet in a case that could throw the policy of donor anonymity into disarray.

Scientists have given warning that men who have given sperm are now at risk of being traced by offspring with the dramatic growth of genealogy and DNA databases on the internet.

They said that guarantees of anonymity, which have been given to thousands of donors over the years, could prove worthless with the increase in such resources.

The boy, who was 15 at the time, was able to evade safeguards by sending a swab of saliva taken from the inside of his cheek to a website used by genealogists to chart their family trees.

For a fee of $289 (£163), his DNA was mapped and added to the website's database, which sends e-mail alerts to its customers when close matches appear. The service, www.familytreedna.com, compares the user's Y chromosome — which passes from father to son virtually unchanged — against a database of Y chromosomes from other men.

Nine months later the teenager, an American who has not been named, was informed of two close matches. He was contacted by the two men, who were both using the website to trace their family trees.

Though the biological father had never supplied his DNA to the site, his Y chromosome profile, shared by his son and closely matched by the two other men, suggested they must be related. The similarities in Y chromosomes between the teenager and the two men revealed a 50 per cent chance that all three had the same father, grandfather or great-grandfather.

According to New Scientist, which is publishing the report this week, both men who contacted the teenager had the same surname, although with different spellings.

Using this information, he then used a second website, www.omnitrace.com, to compare the surname with the few details of his biological father given by the fertility clinic, which include date and place of birth, and his college degree. The search brought up a match for his father.

Similar details of British donors, as well as religion and occupation, are offered to their genetic offspring.

Bryan Sykes, a geneticist at the University of Oxford and chairman of www.OxfordAncestors.com, a genetic genealogy website, said that the case showed the power of the internet...

ARTICLE CONTINUES...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8122-1855309,00.html

I saw the 48 hours mystery on this and I am appauled at the handling of this case by LE. They claimed to have difinitive recordings of the parents claiming they killed the baby but then all experts have concluded that the tapes were totally inaccurate and perhaps fabricated. I still believe in their innocence regardless of polygraphs...no one should submit to a poly even if they are innocent...not a great science! JMO

Hot Case #227 on doenetwork. I am trying to find out if this unidentified was skeletal (weighed only 6 lb), and if she had been there long. I wonder if it could be Sabrina. (hope not) Any thoughts?

laini said:
Hot Case #227 on doenetwork. I am trying to find out if this unidentified was skeletal (weighed only 6 lb), and if she had been there long. I wonder if it could be Sabrina. (hope not) Any thoughts?
Do you have a link?

I agree the police botched this investigation. The Ramseys and these parents both seem to have been focused on with tunnel vision by LE. I have heard the mother state that she feels Sabrina is alive and was taken by someone who needed a child. I wonder if they've investigated people who had a child die within a certain time-frame of her disappearance. It would most likely be someone within a close radius of where they lived and perhaps they moved away from the area after taking her. This is definitely something I would check out, but I can't be the only one who has thought of that.Grieving mothers who have lost children will do some strange things, and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that this could have happened in this case. I'm writing a novel currently where this happens to a child, so perhaps my fiction is coming to a real life case, but it certainly is plausible.

michelle said:
Do you have a link?
I can't figure out how to link the hot cases. Sorry. I tried several ways but can't get it.

spikydragon said:
Here's the direct link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/hot/hotcase227.html
This should work... I hope.
I tried the link but at first it did not work. So next I went to the doenetwork site and viewed the page in an extra window and then I closed the extra window and again tried the link in your websleuths post and this time the link worked fine. I suspect they are trying to block bandwidth usage by forcing people to view images (and perhaps web pages too)from their site by using some sort of a cookie that gets deposited when you view their website . . . .but that's just a guess.

Any more news on the possibility of this little girl being Sabrina?

From the photos shown they really do look alike - I know its hard to tell with babies as people say they do all look similar but wow! I really hope this could be Sabrina!

Jeana (DP) said:
There was no forensic evidence in the Westerfield case either. Its not unusual. I have no idea what happened to Baby Sabrina, but agree that there are some much needed answers in this case. Before the Westerfield and Fox cases, I would have thought it impossible for someone to enter a home in the night and walk out with a child. I don't any more.
There was forensic evidence in that case. They found fibers that matched the girls clothing in his Winnabago (or whatever it was)...

There are only 115 'stranger' kidnappings in the US every year...And even with that, most of them aren't 'strangers' so much...The guy who snatched Samantha Runnion had once lived in the Grandmother's neighborhood and had seen her around...Elizabeth Smart was grabbed by a guy knew the house layout because he had worked at the house...A boy in MD was kidnapped about ten years ago by a guy working down the road from his house.

....Sabrina's father murdered her, and the police did not have enough evidence to arrest him...

cappuccina said:
....Sabrina's father murdered her, and the police did not have enough evidence to arrest him...
Is this fact or opinion? And if opinion, based on what?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back