Found Deceased FL - Sandra Lemire, 47, Orlando, 8 May 2012

Gosh I will have to go back and check, but I think she met the man ( who worked at McD's as a manager) and left there around 9? Certainly time to meet someone else.
Yes were definitely roues she could take home that were close to water, and if she became disoriented, plus being sort of new to the area...could she have run off the road?

Need to go back to the map and get a feel for the area she was in or traveling through.
The vehicle missing still is so odd too.

Yes Shefner..simply put- overwhelming

I recall the address Sandra was staying at was on Windward Court?
28.515794, -81.413088
(actually it appears the van in question is visible from when the street view was captured)

the house backs to a canal that goes into Clear Lake immediately to the NE.NUMEROUS lakes around there. I wonder if any could literally be driven into, are deep enough to not be noticed??
Hmm need to map stare.

per this article- http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Ma...nce/-/1637132/13063820/-/me9rvuz/-/index.html

the Mcdonalds was in Kissimmee near Old Town...I assume it was this one-
5725 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL

I wonder if she took I-4 down there or an alternate route. Was she accustomed to intestate driving? Or could she have taken John Young Pwy to central Fla Greenway Toll?

Hmm wonder what the weather was like that night? must check.

I am rather new to Orlando- any locals know if any of the routes she could have taken, would take her through any less desirable areas?

hello guests! please join if you have any ideas?

In the general Orlando area,May 8, at 9:53 p.m. it was about 74 degrees, and clear, 10 mile visibility. There were some scattered thunderstorms earlier, between 6 & 8 p.m.
Waning Gibbous, 91% of the Moon is Illuminated

She most likely took Orange Blossom Trail. I have a feeling that the police have not looked that many places for her vehicle. I think a volunteer search might help to locate it.

I think we can rule out her voluntarily leaving the area. If you were going to do that, I doubt that you'd stop off at McDonald's to meet some guy on your way out of town.

I think if she was voluntarily leaving she would take her meds with her....she would need to depend on those to save her life.

I agree. I'm Type II but my Mom was Type I her whole life. (Diagnosed in 1940) I would say most would not plan on leaving home for more than 2 hours without taking their insulin with them.

If she just met the man for just coffee, and didn't eat, then there is a possibility she went off the road somewhere from having a diabetic reaction. Symptoms often mimic drunkeness.

Yes, Heineken, it is more than coincidence that she met up with a stranger (or a new acquaintance) the same night she disappeared. It would definitely be worth checking again.

Its strange how some of these threads take off....page after page, while others stall. So sad.

BTW, thanks for starting this thread. Good work, H!

Hi shefner. :) With all due respect, why is it more than a coincidence that she disappeared on a night that she met a stranger? Police viewed surveillance and the "date" remained at work after meeting her. Police inform that she was last seen driving I thought. I ask about it being a coincidence bc seems like she might have met up with several "strangers". She did online dating, singles stuff, plus had the speed dating app on her FB. IMO that implies she met strangers on a daily basis.

I think if she was voluntarily leaving she would take her meds with her....she would need to depend on those to save her life.

Me too. Do you think she could have gotten into an accident & her vehicle is obstructed like another poster mentioned? Or maybe she met up with another stranger via one of the sites she used. She has that speed dating app so that could make sense. Do we have all of her info? If not I can see what I can find later.

If we had a list of the men she has dated, we could draw some conclusions about what she deemed appropriate. She may have had preferences. Then we could limit it to men within a certain locale. Probably from Kissimmee to Orlando. With a list of men who were on dating sites, we could trim the field to a few hundred. Then, if we had photos for each of them, we could hit a range of restaurants, bars, bowling alleys, etc. armed with both her photo and the photos of the men. Maybe somebody would recognize one of them.

So apparently, there are multiple speed dating apps that work in real time. So, lets say you are in downtown Columbus Ohio- the app will automatically check your location via GPS and then notify you if a potential date (with the same app, I presume) is nearby. Then you meet up.
I wonder if she used something like this. That would make sense about what she did after she left McDs.

Here is an article about that http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/03/business/cellphone-apps-give-speed-dating-a-new-meaning.html?pagewanted=all

Do we know if LE has been able to track calls that had come in on her phone? I wonder if she had a computer or used one in her Grandmother's home. Can le get FB, etc accts and check them remotely if they don;t have the actual computer?? Does that make any sense.

In one article her Grandmother said she even had introduced some of the men to her...

hmm I might try to call LE and get some more scoop...and the TV stations should be a special blurb about the missing van too- BOLO- and revisit her missing.

H-Man- I wonder if her grandmother knows what places Sandra would go to meet her dates.
Is that speed date the thing where you go and they have tables set up and you go around the room? Maybe there is a specific place they do this? Or is it just a online thing?

So apparently, there are multiple speed dating apps that work in real time. So, lets say you are in downtown Columbus Ohio- the app will automatically check your location via GPS and then notify you if a potential date (with the same app, I presume) is nearby. Then you meet up.
I wonder if she used something like this. That would make sense about what she did after she left McDs.

Here is an article about that http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/03/business/cellphone-apps-give-speed-dating-a-new-meaning.html?pagewanted=all

Yep & looks like she did this in Michigan too.

Hmmm...

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=16541351
Diabetic Orlando Woman Still Missing After One Month
By ALEXIS SHAW
Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Snip:
On May 8 at around 9 p.m., Sandra LeMire, 47, told her grandmother, Pauline Varner, she was going to a McDonald's in Kissimmee, Fla., to meet a man she had been in contact with online.

Usually, Varner said, LeMire would have her dates at Varner's home, where she lived, so that her grandmother would be close by.

Snip:
Varner let LeMire borrow her car, a 1994 red Ford Freestar, so she could be on her way.

Snip:
Police spokesman Ogburn said the department has been unable to verify that LeMire was last seen at the Kissimmee McDonald's where she had her date. But the man with whom she met there is not a person of interest in LeMire's disappearance, and "his story has been validated and verified," he said.

Snip:

Pauline Varner said, "All they know from the cameras is that they did have their coffee. It was about a half-hour. Then, he went back to work, she went to the car."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-man-online-dating-website.html#ixzz1xTPVSO9s
Fears for mother-of-three who VANISHED after she went to meet man from online dating website
By EMILY ANNE EPSTEIN
PUBLISHED: 19:59 EST, 10 June 2012 | UPDATED: 21:20 EST, 10 June 2012

Snipped:
Her three adult sons and ex-husband live in Michigan.

Family members say that Mrs Lemire left to meet with a man at a local McDonald's who she meet at SpeedDate.com.

Video surveillance show that she did meet with the man, a district manager, for about two hours and left, never to be seen again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back