FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
But to have the same first name and same numbers as last 4 of his phone number?!?!?!

I guess we should drive to the long & seemingly endless list of strange and odd coincidences in this case and add yet another one...

[Excuse me while i drive past the astros revealing the astroid on Somer's chart by the name of WK...hard to believe but apparently true...]

tarabull.

What do the astros say about BT?

I don't think BT is our concern. If he is dumb enough to be the perp and post that here, I'm sure LE has been notified. But didn't someone point out that the source of the pictures was the Internet, and an older picture?

I've been searching, wondering if ST's side of the family had written his own obituary for Somer.

If anyone sees, please post (again).
Nobody is mentioned.

RIP Dear Somer. :angel:

Somer Renee Thompson

GRAHAM — Miss Somer Renee Thompson, 7, of Orange Park, Jacksonville, Fla. died Wednesday, October 21, 2009.
A memorial service will be conducted at Riverside Baptist Church, 1568 East Harden Street, Graham, NC on Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 3 p.m.
Rich & Thompson Funeral Home and Crematory in Graham is in charge of arrangements.

http://obituaries.news-record.com/obituaries/news-record/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=135453895

tarabull & nursebeeme, thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I'll be able to add a little to this thread. I have to admit that I am very new to this so please bear with me. I have done a little of my own sleuthing, but I really need to read up on what I can and cannot post here.

kmart

The poster "barry" was some a%% that posted some very disturbing graphic images of a child. It was removed before I came on board this am.

I would throw you a nice meaty one if there were any. The Cupboards are bare and we are dealing with just a few scraps of info.

ROTFLMAO x 20!!!!!!! Good one cathdawg, good one!:applause:

I was logged on briefly last night when the gruesome Barry pic was posted. It reminded me of those "Faces of Death" videos that were popular (amongst certain movie-viewers, mostly teens & young adults) back in the early 90's. Personally, I didn't care for them. Graphic violence and injury aren't the least bit entertaining to me, and some of the segments in those videos were disturbing, but many of them were contrived or downright fake. When I first looked at the Barry pic, I thought it might be fake. The proportions between the head and the body didn't seem to match (head too small for the torso/shoulders). Back in my college days, I was required to watch human cadaver videos (for educational purposes) as well as study textbook images of dissected cadavers. Thankfully, the cadaver lab class was optional, and I declined!
Having said that, the thought occurred to me this a.m. that the Barry photo might not be fake, after all. Since the (apparent) cranial/facial injuries were so profound (causing the head to appear smaller), this could be why the proportions appeared to be incongruent to me when I looked at the picture. Sorry about the graphic descriptions!!!

What I'm getting at is this: I sincerely hope that the Barry pic isn't an actual picture of the victim in this case, taken by either the killer himself (at the murder scene), or leaked by an unscrupulous person from the ME's office who may have had access to autopsy photos. At any rate, my own personal opinion is that the photo should be passed on to LE, just in case it might be something they would need to take a look at or be aware of.

JMO

I don't think BT is our concern. If he is dumb enough to be the perp and post that here, I'm sure LE has been notified. But didn't someone point out that the source of the pictures was the Internet, and an older picture?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4432279&postcount=339"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4432279&postcount=339[/ame]

Just for review....

The source of the 2nd picture posted by Barry9120 was for sure the internet.

The source of the 1st picture he posted is still in question.

And all of my comments in regards to Barry's posting are in my opinion only...

tarabull.

sorrell skye, my first thought was that it was an actual photo of Somer. The photo appeared to be of a child with brown hair. I hope and pray that it was not. I hope it was a fake, but I agree it definitely needs to be looked into.

But to have the same first name and same numbers as last 4 of his phone number?!?!?!

I guess we should drive to the long & seemingly endless list of strange and odd coincidences in this case and add yet another one...

[Excuse me while i drive past the astros revealing the astroid on Somer's chart by the name of WK...hard to believe but apparently true...]

tarabull.

I Google B and the digits and the first 2 entries have those phone digits. Next one has PO box and one after that has those digits as an address.

JMO that the Barry who posted here was a troll and not worth talking about. The mods have not stepped in, and I'm sure they are on top of things since someone deleted that post.

I'd love for LE to track him down and make his life miserable for the next 10 years (or more).

The aunt also told me she works @ a large fininicial firm and they took up a collection and a couple of the ladies made a huge gift basket for Somer's siblings... such as toys, cd's, gift cards to local fast foods, stores, amusements. Things for the children only to enjoy which I thought was a kind gesture because I am sure they are so very lost right now and anything to help keep their little hearts and minds occupied right now is a good thing...

I don't think it's of super importance, either, Noway, I was just surprised at the state, after the picture. (Which, btw, I could never really make out).
But anyway-like Hippy Chick just said, it's a small world, after all.

It was actually barry9120. I immediately googled it after the post was made.

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS320US320&q=barry9120&filter=0&cts=1258179568546&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw&start=0"]barry9120 - Google Search[/ame]

Okay this may sound picky and insensitive however it might also be just nothing but Somer 's death is listed as Oct 21,2009, does this mean LE knows this is the date. ie Time of Death or are the just using this date because this was the day she was ID. Sorry

I was logged on briefly last night when the gruesome Barry pic was posted. It reminded me of those "Faces of Death" videos that were popular (amongst certain movie-viewers, mostly teens & young adults) back in the early 90's. Personally, I didn't care for them. Graphic violence and injury aren't the least bit entertaining to me, and some of the segments in those videos were disturbing, but many of them were contrived or downright fake. When I first looked at the Barry pic, I thought it might be fake. The proportions between the head and the body didn't seem to match (head too small for the torso/shoulders). Back in my college days, I was required to watch human cadaver videos (for educational purposes) as well as study textbook images of dissected cadavers. Thankfully, the cadaver lab class was optional, and I declined!
Having said that, the thought occurred to me this a.m. that the Barry photo might not be fake, after all. Since the (apparent) cranial/facial injuries were so profound (causing the head to appear smaller), this could be why the proportions appeared to be incongruent to me when I looked at the picture. Sorry about the graphic descriptions!!!

What I'm getting at is this: I sincerely hope that the Barry pic isn't an actual picture of the victim in this case, taken by either the killer himself (at the murder scene), or leaked by an unscrupulous person from the ME's office who may have had access to autopsy photos. At any rate, my own personal opinion is that the photo should be passed on to LE, just in case it might be something they would need to take a look at or be aware of.

JMO

I googled Barry9120 and this is what I found. That other boards have been complaining about s/he for a long time. Something about being from NY.
Although websleuth has VA.

About barry9120 LocationSouthern Virginiahttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2565021

Info about rosejustrose/barry9120/merrick/brooklyn plz
I am talking about Iluvmypom, Rosejustrose, barry9120, Merrick, brooklyn and whatever other names she used. Anybody remember anything about her? I've heard lots of stories and have my own experiences with her. Would be interesting to here your stories
smile.gif

[ame="http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?p=13640313"]Info about rosejustrose/barry9120/merrick/brooklyn plz - In Session Message Boards[/ame]

I was thinking of joining just to ask about what s/he knows.

Just my :twocents: here.. I don't know if any of you have done an obit for family member ... that said my experience with my mothers ... we (me, my son , daughter , step-father) all sat around the table with funeral home directors and they helped us do the obit. they ask the questions needed and family answers them... like deceased mothers husband name , children and names address sometimes too.. thats personal if want that.. brothers sisters grand childeren greats , mother and father.

see where I am going. us as family decided what we wanted in the obit for my mother and what papers we wanted it in and what towns..
now for us we had to pay for ads..

we had to pay by how many words or lines after so many (can't remember exactly that part) and we had to pay for other papers..
mom's was in local and her hometown state.. and a couple others..

but we did it all. I don't know if this the norm... by husbands mothers was like this also.. family filled out obit years ago.

ETA: remember DT had all this gifted to her for Somer.. if the media is correct on this reporting.. so I don't know what they would charge for obit .. free??? limit space???

That's how it is done around here too. From personal experience, I know that the funeral director asks for the names of survivors. They go down the list, like if it is a child, they ask, Father? Mother? Brothers and Sisters? etc. They start the questions with the next of kin's name and go out from there, so that is why I have a hard time believing that the omission of ST as the father in the obit was unintentional - I could be wrong.

I googled Barry9120 and this is what I found. That other boards have been complaining about s/he for a long time. Something about being from NY.
Although websleuth has VA.

About barry9120 LocationSouthern Virginiahttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2565021

Info about rosejustrose/barry9120/merrick/brooklyn plz
I am talking about Iluvmypom, Rosejustrose, barry9120, Merrick, brooklyn and whatever other names she used. Anybody remember anything about her? I've heard lots of stories and have my own experiences with her. Would be interesting to here your stories
smile.gif

Info about rosejustrose/barry9120/merrick/brooklyn plz - In Session Message Boards

I was thinking of joining just to ask about what s/he knows.

hmmm.. some of those names sound familar on other boards on the past I have been on. and a certain group of ppl are not nice. stems from a wild very wild bunch..

ETA: I don't want a time out or anything so I hope that post is ok.. help???

With so many Barry connections to that number, I just didn't have an OMG moment.

Now if there was someone between 1080 and Somer's house with that first name whose phone digits or address were those posted, I'd be more likely to raise an eyebrow.

Still not sure what the connection between B and the Forensic As is as it relates to WK but am off to read through the thread again.

I sure hope shadowizar comes on soon with some info...

Grabbed some pictures and drove all around this morning. No yellow convertible found :( Maybe some of the pictures will trigger something off our psychic posters.

SOme pictures attached. Will attach more on next post.

Attachments

• 1080 gano ave.jpg
    1080 gano ave.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 24
  • back of nursing home.jpg
    back of nursing home.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 21
  • elementary dumpster.jpg
    elementary dumpster.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 22
  • grove park elementary.jpg
    grove park elementary.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 20
  • nursing home dumpster.jpg
    nursing home dumpster.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 21
I was trying to be cryptic and not give the banned member's name.

He has an [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4430772"]excuse[/ame]. Unless this is different photos. ETA: Might have to search for his name. I can't link to his post directly, just to someone quoting him ... his computer was overtaken by virus (his words).

Grabbed some pictures and drove all around this morning. No yellow convertible found :( Maybe some of the pictures will trigger something off our psychic posters.

SOme pictures attached. Will attach more on next post.

Only half the pictures came out well enough to see, sorry about that.

Attachments

• nursing home dumpster 2.jpg
    nursing home dumpster 2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 17
  • puppy house.jpg
    puppy house.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online