FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sgt Mala and several other undercover clay county cars have arrived at the landfill (first coast live)

Somer's mom is on the way to the landfill (per first coast live)

eta: they may id her this way as it has not been that long

Oh I pray to God she doesn't ahve to identify the body of her baby! I am so distraught over this whole thing, and I don't even know the child. Dear God-that I may NEVER know this feeling. Please hold her family through this devastating time, and give them peace. Please let there be swift justice for little Somer. Amen!

The boyfriend is Sean Patton. He lives with them (somer and her siblings, and her mom) and since her mom works during the day, Sean is home with them when they get home from school. On Monday, when Somer didn't return home but her brother and sister did, Sean sent them out to look for Somer. After they looked for about an hour, Somers mom called home to check on the kids (at about 4pm) and Sean told her Somer didn't return home. She then rushed home, flagged down a police officer and filed a missing persons report.

So, he could have possibly had her hidden and when he sent the kids back out he could have done this? Or is the timeline still to tight?

the rosemary trash that was searched yesterday was a transfer station.. then the trash goes on to Georgia... the trash from Somer's neighborhood went from her neighborhood right to Rosemary... than they followed the truck on to Georgia and they searched the trash again

eta: I am watching first coast live

I hate even thinking this but, is it possible she hid in the dumpster & was injured when the trash was crushed?

This is a good question . She disappeared quickly I wonder where dumpster's are located in that neighborhood and when they pick up trash...

Oh this is just terrible...

Body Found "Probably" Missing 7-Year-Old Girl
Posted: 9:27 am EDT October 21, 2009
Updated: 4:39 pm EDT October 21, 2009
<snipped>
DEVELOPING: A body found in a Georgia landfill is probably that of missing 7-year-old Somer Thompson, Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler and Governor Charlie Crist said during a press conference Wednesday afternoon.

While the sheriff said they don't know for sure that the body is Somer, they said they the body does belong to a young, white child and the governor said the body "probably" is the girl. After the announcement, a $30,000 reward was announced for any tip that leads to the person responsible for Somer's disappearance.

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/21359088/detail.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Child's Body Found In Search For Missing Clay Co. Girl
Officials Do Not Know Whether Body Is Somer Thompson
<snipped>
POSTED: 6:40 am EDT October 21, 2009
UPDATED: 4:44 pm EDT October 21, 2009
Sheriff Rick Beseler said the body is that of a white child and that the gender is not yet known. The landfill contains garbage that came from the Orange Park area. Beseler said the sheriff's office routinely tracks garbage trucks in missing child cases.

He said the scene has not yet been disturbed and is being examined by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/21357885/detail.html
Sheriff: The Body of a Small Child has Been Found
Created: 10/21/2009 11:20:36 AM
Updated: 10/21/2009 4:34:49 PM
<snipped>
He confirmed that it is a white child; the gender of the child was not released. The medical examiner in georgia would be responsible for an autopsy.

An official with Waste Management said earlier today that that law enforcement, including those from the Clay County Sheriff's Office, are searching through the Chesser Island Landfill near Folkston.

The Clay County Sheriff's Office said earlier today that the search is a routine part of any missing person investigation, and that they wanted to investigate the landfill sooner rather than later.

Trash from the neighborhood where Somer disappeared is dumped in the Georgia landfill and police have pinpointed where specifically the trash from that area is.

genthumb.ashx

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146992&catid=3
Sheriff: Body of small child found in Ga. landfill where officials were searching for Somer Thompson
The child has not been identified as missing 7-year-old Orange Park girl
Story updated at 4:56 PM on Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2009
<snipped>
The body was partially covered and is a white child. Although he said the sex cannot be confirmed, the Charlton County sheriff confirmed it was a girl. FBI forensics investigators also are en route to the scene.

Beseler said the child's mother and father both have been notified that a body of a small child has been found.

A Georgia Bureau of Investigation crime-scene vehicle and two others, one resembling an ambulance, pulled into the Chesser Island Landfill near Folkston early this afternoon several hours after the search began.

Charlton Sheriff Dobie Conner said investigators were looking at an area where trash from Clay County was dumped today. They found the girl about 3 p.m.

Trash from the neighborhood where Somer's family lived is taken to Rosemary Hill, then transferred to the Georgia landfill. Justino said the searches are a "precautionary measure" and are not based on a tip or a lead in the case.

Article:
http://jacksonville.com/community/m...small_child_found_in_ga_landfill_where_offici
Continuing Live Coverage: Child's Body Found in Georgia
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/livestream/breaking.aspx?storyid=147018&catid=319

:angel:

at four ten pm the gbi and ambulance came on scene at the landfill today per first coast live reporter.

just spoke to father by phone: "I am doing horrible. They just found my daughter. She is in heaven now"

Nurse- I 'm at work and can't get streaming video- thank you all so much for the updates as they come in.

Samuel Thompson (Somer's dad)

I'm doing terrible. They found my daughter. She's in heaven now. (paraphrased)

ok, really...they are outside of her house broadcasting?! that is disgusting. i would be ripping peoples heads off if that was my family.....i would like to know the news of the situtation, but that is just voyeuristic...

So, he could have possibly had her hidden and when he sent the kids back out he could have done this? Or is the timeline still to tight?

Yes, if that is what actually happened, then you are correct, he could have done this.

But we don't know for sure that that is what happened. There are way too many different stories...

Like I wrote this morning, I sure do hope LE has the computers from Somer's house.

Bringing this over from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmom
I hate even thinking this but, is it possible she hid in the dumpster & was injured when the trash was crushed?

This is a good question . She disappeared quickly I wonder where dumpster's are located in that neighborhood and when they pick up trash...

Oh this is just terrible...

God bless that sweet little girl.

I wish I knew why this had to happen and how I could stop it from ever happening again. It is just heartbreaking.

:praying: for Somer, her family and friends.

I have hidden in a dumpster as a child and that is why I am wondering if she simply crawled in since she was upset from being teased/yelled at by her sister (can't remember exactly what happened there).

Is there anyway we can find out where the dumpsters/cans are located on her walk home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels