FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me they are not going to let or make her mother attempt an ID on scene.

She may want to see this now, but she has the rest of her life to remember that moment. I hope they do what they can to clean the body up before making an ID, if visual is possible.

Never heard of such a thing.

:praying: for Somer, her family and friends.

15 minutes before the bad news... they received tshirts and all the neighbors had them on live first coast

Bringing this over from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmom
I hate even thinking this but, is it possible she hid in the dumpster & was injured when the trash was crushed?

This is a good question . She disappeared quickly I wonder where dumpster's are located in that neighborhood and when they pick up trash...

Oh this is just terrible...

This happened in MT to an adult who got in the garbage can to get out of the cold. But it was an industrial size one ... isn't this mostly (or all?) residential? I don't know whether a child could climb into one ...

Praying for Somer's family and friends. May they find peace in all this madness and strength to face the coming days.

Just curious about others opinions. They say the child was found partially covered. Wouldn't it make sense that, in a landfill, a body would be covered? What are the chances what you're looking for would be lying on top? Or do they mean she was covered with something else? And if so... what's an example of what they could mean? I am confused.

I feel like there must have been a tip. Maybe ( I hope) they already have a person in custody. I've been following the missing child cases for a while ( along with many of you). I don't rememebr landfill searches withing the first 72 hours in any other cases. Anyone else?

The Town of Orange Park

The Town of Orange Park provides its own waste collection services. If you have any questions concerning your service, call (904) 264-7411 (Public Works), Monday thru Friday, 7:00 am – 4:00 pm (Currently, the Town of Orange Park doesn’t have a web site).

The following are service standards for residential and commercial garbage, yard trash, and recycling collection services:

Garbage - Material usually generated in the kitchen and bathroom.
Trash – Any material that is part of a yard plant or shrub. Includes tree limbs, leaves, grass clippings.
CED – Any material that is concrete rubble, bricks, lumber, or waste building materials, etc. Any material that is not water-soluble.
Recyclables – Newspaper, mixed paper, cardboard (flattened), glass food or beverage containers (brown, clear, green), aluminum, steel, or tin food or beverage containers (labels ok), plastic soda (1 – PETE), milk and water jugs (2 – HDPE) (labels ok).
Scrap metal (less than 40 pounds), automotive oil and batteries – may be delivered to the Recycling Center at 700 Ash Street (off Plainfield Avenue, just south of Wells Road).
Residential garbage must be placed for collection in standard 20-30 gallon cans and may weigh no more than 40 pounds each

Dumpsters for construction rubbish are available for short-term use only

http://www.claycountygov.com/Depart...Town_of_Orange_Park_#The_Town_of_Orange_Park_

Praying for everyone who knew and loved her, especially her Mom.

Thank you to LE and all searchers.

Rest in peace, sweet Somer. :blowkiss:

I feel like there must have been a tip. Maybe ( I hope) they already have a person in custody. I've been following the missing child cases for a while ( along with many of you). I don't rememebr landfill searches withing the first 72 hours in any other cases. Anyone else?

Do you think maybe one of the kids actually saw something and was afraid to say? Wouldn't a perp keep their mouth shut until a body was actually found? And if a garbage collecter saw a body, they'd stop it from ending up in the landfill?

Just curious about others opinions. They say the child was found partially covered. Wouldn't it make sense that, in a landfill, a body would be covered? What are the chances what you're looking for would be lying on top? Or do they mean she was covered with something else? And if so... what's an example of what they could mean? I am confused.

I think they meant covered with trash. They only mentioned it as an explanation for why they couldn't confirm gender or hair color, that type of thing. IMO.

i just took it to mean that she was covered with trash except for her legs...

To me it sounds like the child's body was partially covered with something. Maybe a blanket, or tarp etc.

MOO

Maz

Never heard of such a thing.

About showing the Mom the body so that it can be identified....
Maybe a digital photo, walk the camera/photo down to another area where the mom waits and show her the photo.

I can't imagine taking the mom to the exact area and showing her the face of her child partially covered by garbage.
That would be a sin, a real sin. IMO

Maybe they cannot move her until the ME arrives? I am guessing the little angel is covered with garbage and they want to process the scene before doing much more.

How incredibly sad. I cannot even fathom how they are feeling. Even if it is NOT Somer, the hopes & life of a family is about to change forever.

I really don't think so at all. I really believe this was the work of a pedophile - just like Tuba's chart. Probably abused and killed her in the area - dumped her body in a dumpster like a piece of trash and left the area. I'm just sick.

It is just the worst outcome, so terribly sad and senseless.

On HLN the comment was just made 'first Haleigh is taken out of her bed and now this'. There is a difference tho. The quickness and way the body was left - not even wrapped - goes to a stranger abduction. It is how pedo's usually dispose of bodies. Haleigh's goes to a familial/friend abduction IMO, as that is how these usually turn out. Hiding the body to where it will be very difficult to find as evidence will point right back to them and they are the first to be looked at. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven