FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize many loved ones are given medication during times like this, but mom sounds
pretty good in that blanked out video, no tears or sniffs........
I am asking myself if I could be like that??? So soon after and before the funeral???
RSO working in burnt house has been questioned by LE for hours.
SOMER'sdad is on now.
Twin brother taking it real hard.......his best friend.
dad seems calm.

Father is on Jane Velez Mitchell right now and he just said he gets the feeling that LE know who did this.

I think the timeline is a little off. It takes an adult who is briskly walking about 30 minutes to go a mile, and this is how far it is said for the kids to walk from school. If the kids got out, gathered and waited at the corner for the crossing guard to get them across, then walk slower than an adult, it should have taken the other kids up until about 3:40 to get home. The the babysitter sends the older girl out to look and she comes back about 15 minutes later. He then sends her out to look even better before calling the mom. How did the girl go look even better, the friends and playmates all get contacted, then report back before Mom decides to come home from work plus call the boyfriend.

I lurk alot, but hardly ever post .. just thought I would comment on the timeline. I used to walk 4 miles on my one-hour lunch break - so if you're walking with a purpose, you can actually walk a mile in about 15 minutes.

Sorry for off topic, but where is the game room?
OFF TOPIC:

The Game Room is in the 'Private Forums' section.

You can find it by going to the 'Search Box', which is located in the blue panal at the top of the screen, in between 'New Posts' & 'Quick Links'. Just type "Game Room" in the search box.

You can sometimes also find it just by hitting the 'New Posts' tab at the top of the screen, if someone just recently posted a reply/answer there.

Hope you find it easily, it can be a great way to relax, and meet new people. All kinds of word games in there.

Many of them are alphabetical, but, be sure to read the first post of each game, until you get familiar with the varying (yet simple) rules for each game.

Have fun!

I think it's odd that the mom would leave work at 4:10 plus call her boyfriend to start looking if Somer had dilly dallied before. Someone mentioned before that there was no mention of having called all the little friends' homes or even going to their homes before freaking out.

Yup! Her reactions are either overdone or underdone. In this instance an "over-reaction" to leave work and call the boyfriend if Somer's likely "dillydallying" and and an "under-reaction"--and certainly INCONSISTENT--to not call 911 if she was concerned enough to leave work.

HMMMM
Okay..... anyone know exactly why LE just happen to be right there when Dieana arrived to the area to look for Somer? NO calls went out to LE or 911. AND if Dieana was going to say it was strange... that the first place they went was OPAA when she flagged down the officer-- well why ???

Remember LE -- blue nissan guy is the one that scared the jeebers out of the other little girl.

So many angles here... ...:banghead:

Wow - we are riding the same wave right about now.

I've been listening over and over to the tape - and she's responding to a question about whether she has thought about any suspects - then she says "It's funny........" and goes on to say that about going to the OOPA parking lot with the officer. I swear she is going to say "which, just, struck me as odd why he'd want to go there." or "which, just, struck me as odd that I would find an officer right there just then." Or something to do with that anyway.

Dad has the impression that LE knows who did it.
Dad is religious.
Dad staying for a few days, working on relationship with his children.
Says their is friction between wife and him, but he prays for her.
He says fire in eyes of LE.
Dad says that man can't hide under rocks etc......prays God will find him
Dad says there is a special place in h3ll for monster
Dad says he has to forgive because God says so.
Typing so fast ( for me) sorry if I made mistakes!

I lurk alot, but hardly ever post .. just thought I would comment on the timeline. I used to walk 4 miles on my one-hour lunch break - so if you're walking with a purpose, you can actually walk a mile in about 15 minutes.

I used to walk very briskly a mile every single day for over two years, and it always took me 30 minutes. I'm not a large person and I did not run either though, so that may account for some. I did start slower as recommended then wind down at the end.

That is my understanding.

In the video called, "Diena Thompson Talks About Grief, Anger and Determination" ( http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/index.html ),
Diena says:

"I flagged down an officer as soon as I got off work, and my son was already down there looking", (she scratches herself above her chest and gives a strange expression at this moment), "and we went into the parking lot of OPAA, which, just, str- " (she gives another odd, confused expression here and video cuts off to show black screen, with no sound, for several seconds after that first syllable of that last word).
At abt 2:31 when the interview resumes, it sounds like CB is finishing a statement: "... thought so..." (no video).
Then at 2:34 CB says to DT:the route that that house was along was the route she walks home."
I think during the black part of the tape DT was talking abt the house at 1080 Gano.

oh! dad says he won't be surprised if their is an arrest tomorrow!

I want to go on record right now that I do not believe that Somer's mother, brothers or sister had anything to do with her murder.

Nada. Zip.

I used to walk very briskly a mile every single day for over two years, and it always took me 30 minutes. I'm not a large person and I did not run either though, so that may account for some. I did start slower as recommended then wind down at the end.

I 2nd that...

I also don't think Somer's mom had anything to do with this but Sean... I don't know, that entire story just does not make sense in my mind. I keep thinking that poor Somer was already dead before the police were ever notified she was missing.

passion,

A friend of ours was murdered years ago in a shooting. The police had leads and made an arrest right after the funeral. I am hoping for that here!

Not another day should the person responsible for Somer's death be allowed to walk free...

Dad has the impression that LE knows who did it.
Dad is religious.
Dad staying for a few days, working on relationship with his children.
Says their is friction between wife and him, but he prays for her.
He says fire in eyes of LE.
Dad says that man can't hide under rocks etc......prays God will find him
Dad says there is a special place in h3ll for monster
Dad says he has to forgive because God says so.
Typing so fast ( for me) sorry if I made mistakes!

This is the kind of stuff I would expect to hear from a mom. . .but we don't.

showing mom saying she did her hair everyday,SOMERdidn't feel good but mom said TRY to go to school,
can't remember if she said 'I LOVE YOU'

4 men and robbery..........suspect still on loose........sherrif says 'coming to get you!'
Very tight lipped..........
hoping the 4 will squeel???

MEN (plural) men robbed Somer's home the day she was found? Now what's up with that?

I was very impressed with Somer's dad on JVM. Well composed, articulate and very much wanting this monster to go down.

Kids are different (at least some).

There are rocks to look at, people to talk to, curbs to balance on ... you get the picture.

There is a timeline floating through one of these threads.

School out at 2:30 I believe.

Chances are when children go missing they are murdered within 30min to 1 hour.......

I'll go on record that I don't feel there was anything that mother did that directly caused her daughter's death. Sister I feel is innocent in every way, as well as twin. Not sold on the innocence of the older brother.
I think that later, once everyone is done being nice, there will be things that come out in the wash, like lack of supervision on the kids, possibly some less than savory company around the kids, that type of thing. Things that DT could have done to keep Somer safer, and everyone will pick at those for awhile. I think she could have done more prior to the day Somer went missing and her guilt may be telling her, "You knew something bad would happen, what right do you have to cry? This is your fault," and that could be influencing her behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria