Found Deceased FL - Taylor Rose Williams, 5, Jacksonville, 6 Nov 2019 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in hospital and see pts after suicide attempts... majority of women overdose and men use firearms... but there are always exceptions. Since she is in military she is comfortable with firearms... but statistically speaking probably overdose. Hanging is a possibility too. I guess it depends on what she had access to and how closely (or not) she was watched.

I can't believe that this is happening AGAIN... speechless.... such a precious little girl! :(
She would not have had access to firearms on base.

Regarding BW staying in barracks and LE stating she was staying on base. If there was a room available in base lodging she most certainly can use her own money to book a room for herself to avoid LE and the press. She cannot just go on base and get a room in the barracks. Barrack rooms are assigned to single, no dependent military members who do not get basic housing allowance and single with no dependents military members cannot live off base if there is room in the barracks and they cannot live off base without permission of their supervisors. An E-6 with a dependent can live in family military housing on base if one is available or live off base and receive basic housing allowance. She cannot just drive up to the barracks and check in like it is a hotel. She would have to have been assigned to a barrack. Given the circumstances of being a person of interest at the time, I feel confident in saying she would have been confined to the barracks and restricted to base by military officials.

Wonder if people are assuming the enlist vs officer categories is considered a "different job".

I am not sure why, but the comments being made about how the military works by people who don't appear to have any experience with it are really frustrating me. Lol.

*bashes head into wall*

Ok, I feel better.
I'm really wondering what difference it makes. I have to believe she made enough to qualify for the two rentals. That is one thing that apartments are very stringent on.

Welcome aboard @bridiessong, I agree, I want to know what happened to Taylor and why and I want to know that the Navy has been investigating things on their end since their petty officer was named a POI and why on earth they were not on top of this suicide attempt?? How did that even happen?
Years ago, they would've held onto her and kept her safe. She wouldn't have had access to harm herself or to flee. The Navy has changed in the last decade. I don't know...

Just catching up on all the news...
Thank you to all the posters who have provided the invaluable links! You know who you are...

No matter how many cases you read about that are similar, it still just is so unfathomable that someone could do this to such a sweet little angel like Taylor.

And no matter what, there will be no good enough answers to the multitude of questions regarding "why".

May Taylor receive justice, and RIP.

^ Her family, mother and sister I believe, tried to contact her after she went to JAX. Brianna would not respond.
I wonder what happened in her family that she cut off communication, especially if she was overwhelmed and needed help.
That's what is so sad. It looks on the surface like she had other options .
Why cut them off ?
Was there a boyfriend she was concealing from the family ?
I really want to know who this person was that the detective(s) have been quiet about.
Could be nothing.
But this possible murder happened and if other(s) harmed this child I want justice for Taylor's sake.

Years ago, they would've held onto her and kept her safe. She wouldn't have had access to harm herself or to flee. The Navy has changed in the last decade. I don't know...

She should have been assigned to a Duty Officer ? ( My son in law is Navy and has the Duty a couple times a month. My husband was Air Force Aircraft Tech and was supervisor for his shift. He was on call a couple times a month and called out several times but I do not recall him calling it "the Duty")

That's what is so sad. It looks on the surface like she had other options .
Why cut them off ?
Was there a boyfriend she was concealing from the family ?
I really want to know who this person was that the detective(s) have been quiet about.
Could be nothing.
But this possible murder happened and if other(s) harmed this child I want justice for Taylor's sake.

I shouldn't speculate this early in the investigation, but I can't help it. When I first heard she wasn't talking or visiting with family my first thought was she might be involved with a married man. Just a thought....

Regarding BW staying in barracks and LE stating she was staying on base. If there was a room available in base lodging she most certainly can use her own money to book a room for herself to avoid LE and the press. She cannot just go on base and get a room in the barracks. Barrack rooms are assigned to single, no dependent military members who do not get basic housing allowance and single with no dependents military members cannot live off base if there is room in the barracks and they cannot live off base without permission of their supervisors. An E-6 with a dependent can live in family military housing on base if one is available or live off base and receive basic housing allowance. She cannot just drive up to the barracks and check in like it is a hotel. She would have to have been assigned to a barrack. Given the circumstances of being a person of interest at the time, I feel confident in saying she would have been confined to the barracks and restricted to base by military officials.

Yes, you are correct. She should've been confined to the barracks for those military members who are in legal trouble. There would've been someone on watch. It's like juvie, best description I can give you. It's where they send you before you are court martialed or go to jail.

Yup, ICU is standard protocol especially if they don't know what she overdosed on.
I overdosed 3 years ago and was airlifted to Mayo. My boyfriend was told I may not make it and to say some prayers. I was on a ventilator for a few days before I regained consciousness in the ICU. I also have friends from treatment who have overdosed and had to receive dialysis in the ICU because their kidneys were failing. It can be very serious. I’ve had several attempts and that was the only time I was in the ICU. The other times I was alert and given charcoal and transferred to a behavioral health treatment center after a few hours of observation in the ER.

I shouldn't speculate this early in the investigation, but I can't help it. When I first heard she wasn't talking or visiting with family my first thought was she might be involved with a married man. Just a thought....
Or a man who made it clear he didn't want a girlfriend with kids a la Susan Smith, or Casey Anthony.

I overdosed 3 years ago and was airlifted to Mayo. My boyfriend was told I may not make it and to say some prayers. I was on a ventilator for a few days before I regained consciousness in the ICU. I also have friends from treatment who have overdosed and had to receive dialysis in the ICU because their kidneys were failing. It can be very serious. I’ve had several attempts and that was the only time I was in the ICU. The other times I was alert and given charcoal and transferred to a behavioral health treatment center after a few hours of observation in the ER.
I trust you are doing well now. Had to be a hard first post. Welcome to WS but so sorry you have had some incredibly rough times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard