FL - Tracy Ocasio, 27, Orlando/Ocoee, 27 May 2009 - #2

http://www.wftv.com/crime/20085591/detail.html

Eyewitness News has learned that investigators are waiting on DNA tests on possible evidence in the case of missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio. Sources with knowledge of the investigation say the evidence may show a sexual encounter happened in Ocasio's car.

Ocoee police investigators confirm DNA was collected but will not confirm if it was semen, saliva or sweat. Since test results have not come back, they do not know if the DNA sample is from primary suspect James Hataway.

"A person who owned it previously could have been a teenager or young adult who had a good time in the car," commented Liz Ocasio, Tracy's mother.

Police do not know when the DNA test results will be back from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement laboratory.

Here is the surveillance video of that night at the Tap Room. At the 00:30 thru 00:34 timestamp Tracy is holding something in her hand. What do you think it is? Could it be her cell phone?

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/060509ocasio_on_surveillance_video

I watched the surveilance yet again (and again) today and would like to know who the other female was she was talking to. And I know someone said she didn't look tipsy but when they are walking together (TO and other female) they both look like they've thrown back a few (not that there's anything wrong with that) and are excited to talk about something or someone (JVH maybe?). I wonder what was said!?! I think this would be very important. Was this her friend that has said she feels awful for letting her leave? The one that is extremely distraught? This particular footage is what had originally made me think she was more than a little tipsy.

I had heard that that there was video of her using her phone but I would be surprised if they were referring to this video b/c it seemed pretty clear that this was a cigarette even when they played it on the news.

I agree that in the video clip BreatheLife posted it is clear Tracy is holding a cigarette. That clip appears to be earlier that night. However, in the clip I posted it is not as obvious to me what she is holding. It seems to be later that night, right before they are going to leave. I showed the video (paused at the 00:30 thru 00:34 timestamps) to my teenage son (fresh, young eyes) and he said he thought it was a cell phone. LOL :waitasec:

Wow...I've been checking and am so surprised there have been no new posts. Have there been any updates b/c I haven't seen anything on the local news stations I watch.

Per http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...l-bk-body-found-apopka-072109,0,3344749.story

Reports show residents discovered an adult body shortly before 8:20 a.m. near a rural area in the 4700 block of Ondich Road, just north of Apopka.

Jim Solomons of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said a jogger smelled a suspicious odor and later found the body. Investigators said it appears the body has been there for some time.

Per http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...l-bk-body-found-apopka-072109,0,3344749.story

Reports show residents discovered an adult body shortly before 8:20 a.m. near a rural area in the 4700 block of Ondich Road, just north of Apopka.

Jim Solomons of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said a jogger smelled a suspicious odor and later found the body. Investigators said it appears the body has been there for some time.

On the iPhone today and can't pull up Bonds map. Does anyone know if this location is within the approximated
radius of where Hataway could have travelled based on the estimated timelines? TIA

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...l-bk-body-found-apopka-072109,0,3344749.story

Investigators consider the discovery of a woman's body in a rural part of north Orange County a "suspicious death."

Deputies from the Orange County Sheriff's Office said a man jogging in the 4700 block of Ondich Road in north Apopka at 7:20 a.m. smelled an unusual odor coming from a wooded area.

The jogger told deputies he walked closer to the woods and found the decomposing body of an adult woman.

Sheriff's spokesman Jim Solomons said the body has been there for some time.

"There is evidence at the scene to suggest a homicide occurred," Solomons said.

Solomons said the area is known as a dumping spot for trash

http://www.wftv.com/crime/20085591/detail.html

Eyewitness News has learned that investigators are waiting on DNA tests on possible evidence in the case of missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio. Sources with knowledge of the investigation say the evidence may show a sexual encounter happened in Ocasio's car.

Ocoee police investigators confirm DNA was collected but will not confirm if it was semen, saliva or sweat. Since test results have not come back, they do not know if the DNA sample is from primary suspect James Hataway.

"A person who owned it previously could have been a teenager or young adult who had a good time in the car," commented Liz Ocasio, Tracy's mother.

Police do not know when the DNA test results will be back from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement laboratory.

Let be the first to admit, I have, on more than one occasion, had a 'romantic interlude' in my vehichle (all of them I have owned EXCEPT my Grand AM, but that was because me and the ex-fiancee used his apartment by that time) with men I have been involved with, including laying the back seats down for more room ( :eek: I admit, having roomates is NOT always a convient thing). All I am trying to say is it is not hard to believe that AT SOME POINT, Tracy could have had a 'romantic interlude' with someone in the car. That said, it could have also happened WELL before JVH was in the car. Could also explain the seats being askew that morning... (PLEASE NOTE, I AM NOT SAYING FOR CERTAIN SHE DID OR DIDNT, JUST OFFERING UP SOME OF LIFE EXPERIENCES FOR A 'WHAT IF').

Also, for what it is worth, I know a few people (thru my roommate who is a college student and a VERY hardy partier by anyone's standards) who have actually refused to smoke certin 'types' of pot because they "don't like the high" they get from that certin type. I don't get it per say, but hey, to each his own.

Being near her age, and knowing some of the things I have done (and still do occasionally) in my time, plus the insight I get on a daily basis living with two 21 year old college students, there are soooo many things that could have happened that night, so many ways this could go... It kind of frightens me, you know?

Reposting as a reminder JVH's arraignment tomorrow.

An Orange County man questioned by police about an Ocoee woman's disappearance was charged Tuesday with battery, robbery and false imprisonment in connection with an attack on a woman in Seminole County.

Rachael Clarke told police that James Hataway tried to strangle her when she gave him a ride home from a party Aug. 7. When she tried to get away, he chased her and slammed her head on the ground, she told investigators. The attack near Casselberry ended when neighbors rushed to her aid.

The Seminole-Brevard State Attorney's Office filed paperwork on the case Tuesday. If convicted on all counts, Hataway could get life in prison. Arraignment is set for July 28 at 1:30 p.m.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-james-hataway-063009,0,403780.story
:parrot:

(Liz) Ocasio drove to the Orange County Courthouse this morning for Hataway's pretrial hearing in an unrelated criminal mischief case, but he wasn't there. The public defender representing Hataway was scheduled to meet with the judge in his chambers, but Hataway was never transported from the Orange County Jail where he is being held...

In a separate case in Seminole County, Hataway's attorney today entered pleas of not guilty on his behalf. Hataway is charged there with trying to choke a woman following a night out last summer...

Drew and Joyce Kesse, whose daughter Jennifer Kesse went missing from her condo in Jan. 2006, have organized a large scale search for this weekend. The search will utilize sonar equipment, dogs and professional searchers to look for Jennifer Kesse and Tracy Ocasio.

"Hopefully this weekend we'll find my daughter," Liz Ocasio said. "I thank the Kesse's for organizing the search and also looking for Tracy."

Video of Liz Ocasio re the search planned for this weekend, and article cont'd at link.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-tracy-ocasio-072809,0,3498924.story

:parrot:

I read here and on the Orlando Sentinel every day hoping for Tracy to be found

I think this case will be solved. My guess is that LE is going slow, investigating, tracking things down, etc. Without a body things are slow going. But this case kind of exploded into three cases, involving Tracy, Ondo George, and Jennifer Kesse. Figuring out what threads to pull to unravel it all will take time. Hataway has to be #1 POI; at least in this case there IS a POI.

I think this case will be solved. My guess is that LE is going slow, investigating, tracking things down, etc. Without a body things are slow going. But this case kind of exploded into three cases, involving Tracy, Ondo George, and Jennifer Kesse. Figuring out what threads to pull to unravel it all will take time. Hataway has to be #1 POI; at least in this case there IS a POI.

I am hoping this also! My biggest fear is that Hataway said something about feeding someone to gaters...it was in one of these threads. I pray that he didn't do this with these people and that's why they haven't been located.

I too am dispairaged at the rate of news coming in, but one HUGE thing reported ny at 3 diefferent sites are these H brothers and their possible involvement-

Two sites we arent allowed to link ,and maybe this needs its own thread? The only reason I didnt make one, is that others following this HAVE HAD to heave heard of them, and dont know if mods are cool with it-

I cant link 2 of the sites, but they have some AMAZING, INCREDIBLE info we dont have, and I this us WS'ers could pull pur resources and try to figure this out-

These true crime forums shouldnt be compitition- it's ALL about teamwork to find missing loved ones, isnt it? I read many, but have chose to only post here. No trolls, and great mods...lol

Just hesitant to post about the H bros, since no one has yet-

BTW- The H bros are a family of @ 4-5 bros, dads, and their women. cousins, etc. They all/most have EXTENSIVE rap sheets and a few are considered CIs. One of them pushed TO down in an altercation on front of the Tap Room a few weeks before her disappearance, and TO poured a drink of one of the women's heads that is involved in that group.

I believe we at WS can help SOOO much more- IF this topic is worth starting a thread on, please move my post to the apporpriate place- I really think we can help- We're pretty smart when we put our heads together :grouphug:

In regards to feeding someone to the gators: I lived in Orlando for almost 22 years. In all of that time wherever we lived there were always gators in the retention ponds. Usually they would become what was consisdered a nuisance gator, dangerous to people, because of being fed, and would end up captured and destroyed. During the time we lived there a little boy was eaten by a gator in a state park up by Deland- his body was found in a gator captured,killed and cut open. Another case involved a man who threw a young girl to the gators somewhere in the Evergladess. I am sure there were other incidents as well - just can't recall at the moment. The point is that I have no doubt that a body could be fed to gators. Lake Jessup is well known for being the most gator infested lake in Central Florida. I pray that is not what has happened. Everyone deserves a dignified final resting place. All families deserve answers - sometimes I don't want to read or hear the news due to all of the crime that seems rampant lately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back