FL - Tracy Ocasio, 27, Orlando/Ocoee, 27 May 2009 - #2

I also wonder if JVH heard this news and if he did, whether or not he reacted to it initially. Just thinking back to Casey Anthony and her reaction...

Fox 35 News at 11 said that LE also found a boot on the property that it was taken to her parents home and they confirmed that it "could" be something that TO could have or could wear and that they are investing further.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...k-tracy-ocasio-missing-082709,0,4622149.story

Investigators said the discovery of a small woman's boot in a patch of woods could help them in the case of missing Ocoee resident Tracy Ocasio.

Ocoee police investigators on Wednesday revealed that Orange County sheriff's deputies on horseback found the boot a few days ago during a routine training exercise in the woods, off State Road 50 and Bluford Avenue.

"The boot is the same size that Tracy wears," Sgt. Mike Bryant of the Ocoee Police Department said. Detectives sent a digital picture of the boot by e-mail to one of Ocasio's friend for identification. "Tracy's friend feels that it is one of Tracy's boots."

Ocasio has been missing since May 27. Video surveillance cameras recorded Ocasio leaving a MetroWest bar with James Hataway -- the last person to see her alive. He is being held at the Orange County Jail on unrelated charges.

Investigators at the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are testing the boot for DNA. Ocoee police did not disclose when those results are expected.

After several weaks of weak leads, Bryant said the discovery of the boot is "our freshest lead" in the Ocasio case. Police now are searching that area.

On Wednesday night, police investigators confirmed that bags of decomposing remains found in a freezer in an abandoned animal shelter in west Orange County did not belong to Ocasio. A medical examiner determined they were animal bones, Orange County sheriff's spokesman Jim Solomons said.

A tip to Ocoee police led them to the animal shelter, Bryant said. The caller said officers should investigate whether the body was that of Ocasio.

Liz Ocasio, Tracy's mother, said her emotions and those of her husband are mixed at the news.

"We're kind of relieved, but we still want to find her [Tracy] and get this part of our life over," Liz Ocasio said. "As long as you have this going on, it's hard to deal with day after day after day."

Same basic info as Sprout's link but different source...

http://www.wesh.com/news/20578349/detail.html

"We're pretty tense right now, trying to find out and get confirmation on what they're doing and what they find," father Joe Ocasio said.

"The boot was shown to the Ocasio family. We distributed it to her friends ... and one of the friends said yes," Ocoee Police Department spokesman Mike Bryant said.

The shoes Tracy was wearing the night of her disappearance can be seen in this video at the 00:31 timestamp...

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/060509ocasio_on_surveillance_video

I'm having trouble getting that site's version of the surveillance video. Do you know of another location where I can view it? I guess I had just assumed Tracy was wearing tennis shoes or something (with the cap on her head and all). Does the surveillance video show black shoes/boots?

I'm having trouble getting that site's version of the surveillance video. Do you know of another location where I can view it? I guess I had just assumed Tracy was wearing tennis shoes or something (with the cap on her head and all). Does the surveillance video show black shoes/boots?

Hi Only1!! Tracy IS wearing black shoes/boots (?) in the video but I cannot tell if they have a heel like the one in the photo.

I have not come across another link with the tape but I will keep looking.

May be a little premature but I updated Bond's wonderful map to show the area the shoe was found. Very close to the logical route of travel Bond originally suggested from Tap Room to Hataway's house. However, if this does prove to be Tracy's shoe I'm guessing he may have travelled Bluford Avenue north to his house and Tracy was left somewhere in the area of the shoe. See map link in the maps and pictures thread here:

Maps and pictures of the area - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I read the article about the boot earlier today on the Orlandosentinel.com. I am wondering when LE will get a more focused search organized into that area, to include cadaver dogs. I did not see anything on the Orlandosentinel website about further searches of the area. Has any Websleuther in the Orlando area heard anything else? I can't imagine that a more thorough search isn't being planned.

I read the article about the boot earlier today on the Orlandosentinel.com. I am wondering when LE will get a more focused search organized into that area, to include cadaver dogs. I did not see anything on the Orlandosentinel website about further searches of the area. Has any Websleuther in the Orlando area heard anything else? I can't imagine that a more thorough search isn't being planned.

JMO....if a boot was found that could be Tracy's I think the search will only be LE's. Only not to risk the chance of missing something, disturbing anything...or finding a body. Since this is the really first TIP that could possibly be authentic... no taking chances of a mess up.

The area is close to Tracy's home and officers say, is known to the suspect.

The 80 or so acres of wooded area have been searched twice, but the Ocasio family insists it makes perfect sense. Tracy Ocasio, 27, was last seen with James Hataway in Metrowest.

James Hataway, officers say, had a record of illegal dumping in the same wooded area.

(bbm) Praying results come back tomorrow (Fri.) and that poor Liz and Joe don't have to wait over entire weekend for results of dna testing. :prayer: (article cont'd at link, interviews with mom, friend, photos of search in area boot was found)

http://www.wftv.com/news/20578666/detail.html

http://www.wftv.com/video/20583270/index.html

http://www.wftv.com/video/20583553/index.html

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/20582139/detail.html

:parrot:

JMO....if a boot was found that could be Tracy's I think the search will only be LE's. Only not to risk the chance of missing something, disturbing anything...or finding a body. Since this is the really first TIP that could possibly be authentic... no taking chances of a mess up.

Chesterp - thanks ITA. What bothered me was that I fully expected it would be a search by only LE, yet I had not heard anything to indicate that LE was intending to do a search. Now, from the info at the link, it appears that a Florida search and rescue group is organizing the search. Lately this case has been so quiet that I am hoping it is the calm before the storm, and the big break needed will happen soon. I truly hope the boot will lead to that big break. Thanks for your response - I had lived in Orlando for 21 years until May of 2008, and if I were still there I would volunteer for any search that needed volunteer searchers.

Chesterp - thanks ITA. What bothered me was that I fully expected it would be a search by only LE, yet I had not heard anything to indicate that LE was intending to do a search. Now, from the info at the link, it appears that a Florida search and rescue group is organizing the search. Lately this case has been so quiet that I am hoping it is the calm before the storm, and the big break needed will happen soon. I truly hope the boot will lead to that big break. Thanks for your response - I had lived in Orlando for 21 years until May of 2008, and if I were still there I would volunteer for any search that needed volunteer searchers.

I am not sure, but if this is the same group from last month's search out of GA, they are all PROFESSIONAL searchers, who were looking for Jennifer Kesse. I was in Orlando that weekend at an ANIME Convention and Mrs. Kesse and Mrs. Ocasio were giving each other support.

Remember last year, Beth Holloway was giving CA, sincere emotional support.

ocasio-boot_m.jpg

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/08/tracy-ocasios-mom-reacts-to-po.html

The results are expected in a few days. But Liz says she doesn't know how to feel about this new discovery.

"We've been up and down so, so many times that you just don't want to feel anything after a while because you don't want that crash when it turns out to be nothing, so now we just wait until something [is] confirmed before we really begin getting excited about it."

I thought I should mention that while I was looking up the area on Bing map and then on Google map, I noticed a small white boat pulled up in the scruff on both maps on Lake Bennett. It is in the lower left (SW) corner of the lake. On the Bing map you can also see a black van on a road up from there in the top right corner of the photo. Not that the van matters, but it shows you where they may have put the boat in the water and the road leading to the lake.

If it is on both maps, maybe the boat is there all the time and others could have access to it because of that reason. It should also be visible from the road.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...where1=SR 50 and bluford, Ocoee, FL&encType=1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch
Back