GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested* #2

Link for the hearing

The statement read by the defense was pathetic, imo. Crystal Smith still didn’t take full responsibility for tampering with evidence, saying only one person knew what had happened at the time she cleaned up the blood. :mad: HELLO!??!! So, what the hell did she think, then? Why tell Aiden to lie about which pants he was wearing?

The fact that after all this time she’s had to think about everything, she still can’t own up to her actions and apologize mother-to-mother shows that she is a sorry excuse for a person and was in no position to be teaching a child right from wrong! I hold Crystal Smith more responsible than I did before for the way her demon son turned out.

At least she took the plea deal, for whatever her reason might’ve been, since it sure wasn’t because she felt it was the right thing to do.

I do hope the Bailey family is satisfied. May they close this unbearable chapter, and continue to heal. I pray many blessings their way.

MOO

According to an arrest warrant from the sheriff's office, deputies interviewed the boy, with his mother present, at their residence on May 9, 2021, after Bailey had been reported missing. Video surveillance from the home showed after Fucci left with deputies, Smith went to her son's bedroom, retrieved what appeared to be a pair of jeans, took them to the bathroom, and seemed to scrub them in the sink, according to the warrant.

Pleading no contest means the defendant neither disputes nor admits to the charges, but allows the court to treat the plea as a criminal conviction.

Stacy Bailey, the mother of Fucci's victim, addressed Smith in a victim impact statement during Friday's hearing.

"I will also pray that you will reflect upon your actions while you are without your children on this Mother's Day," she said.

Aiden Fucci’s mom will be in jail on Mother’s Day for washing killer son’s blood-soaked jeans after Tristyn Bailey stabbed 114 times

The mother of convicted teen killer Aiden Fucci will spend the next 30 days in jail for helping her son cover up his brutal murder of 13-year-old cheerleader Tristyn Bailey.

An unnamed witness cited in the court filing tipped police off to the jean-washing issue and later worked with detectives to surreptitiously record a conversation about the damp jeans in Fucci’s hamper.

“The defendant asked the witness if she saw anything on the jeans, and stated she washed the jeans,” the affidavit says. “The witness stated the defendant stated she didn’t know if there was blood on the jeans or not. The witness advised she could not see anything that appeared to be blood on the jeans, but asked the defendant why she washed the jeans and stated the defendant could get in trouble for washing the jeans.”

While the tampering evidence conviction is a third-degree felony that carries a maximum of five years in state prison, the maximum Smith could’ve been sentenced to was 12 months given the guidelines in the state. Smith instead will serve 30 days in jail followed by five years of probation as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors. She will also be able to apply for early termination of her probation after three years.

Bailey’s mother called out Smith during sentencing for never apologizing.

He asked to make a statement and apologized to Tristyn's family. I wish he really meant it but considering his behavior I highly doubt it.
This is a few months late, but tbh I read his apology letter and I don’t feel like the apology to Tristyn’s family was genuine.

The apology to his *own* family seemed more genuine. He spent much more time addressing his own family than Tristyn’s. And when he did address her family, he barely even talked about her. I guess it’s better than no apology at all, but still…

UPDATED: Crystal Smith was sentenced to five years of probation and 30 days in jail after pleading no contest to tampering with evidence.

May 15, 2023

I would have more sympathy for her if she had apologized. Like I can understand maybe panicking and washing the blood off, since a parent’s first instinct is going to be to protect their kid. But she’s a full grown adult and knows how serious a murder investigation is. She should have come to the police herself and admitted what she did. IMO she owes Tristyn’s family an apology too, not just on behalf of her son but for her own actions.

According to an arrest warrant from the sheriff's office, deputies interviewed the boy, with his mother present, at their residence on May 9, 2021, after Bailey had been reported missing. Video surveillance from the home showed after Fucci left with deputies, Smith went to her son's bedroom, retrieved what appeared to be a pair of jeans, took them to the bathroom, and seemed to scrub them in the sink, according to the warrant.

Pleading no contest means the defendant neither disputes nor admits to the charges, but allows the court to treat the plea as a criminal conviction.

Stacy Bailey, the mother of Fucci's victim, addressed Smith in a victim impact statement during Friday's hearing.

"I will also pray that you will reflect upon your actions while you are without your children on this Mother's Day," she said.

Bbm. Good for her. My heart breaks for her Mom.

BREAKING: Aiden Fucci sentenced to life in prison. I’ll breakdown the judge’s decision on @ActionNewsJax at noon. Below you can listen to the family’s victim impact statements— the judge said their words played a big role in the decision

#BREAKING: Aiden Fucci's mom, Crystal Smith, has been released from jail after serving a 30-day sentence in a plea deal.

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (Court TV) – Crystal Smith, the mother of a teenager who confessed to the brutal murder of a classmate, has been released from jail after serving 30 days in a plea deal, according to jail records.

Prime Crime: The Savage Stabbing of a Florida Teen Cheerleader

The death of a young cheerleader sent shockwaves through an affluent Florida community in May 2021. Tristyn Bailey was found dead with 114 stab wounds just hours after her family reported her missing. Find out what happened to the 13-year-old on this disturbing episode of “Prime Crime with Jesse Weber.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back