GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. — The teen accused of killing St. Johns County 13-year-old Tristyn Bailey appeared in court on Tuesday.

Aiden Fucci’s attorney asked a judge to move him from solitary confinement in Duval County. The judge denied that request.

Investigators say Fucci stabbed Tristyn more than 100 times in the Durbin Crossing neighborhood on Mother’s Day in 2021.

The defense argued Fucci has been in solitary confinement for more than 400 days, which his attorney said is torturous to the now 16-year-old.

Fucci does have video chats with family and his legal team a couple times a month. He was put in solitary confinement in Duval County because of suicidal thoughts and threats from other inmates.

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. — The teen accused of killing St. Johns County 13-year-old Tristyn Bailey appeared in court on Tuesday.

Aiden Fucci’s attorney asked a judge to move him from solitary confinement in Duval County. The judge denied that request.

Investigators say Fucci stabbed Tristyn more than 100 times in the Durbin Crossing neighborhood on Mother’s Day in 2021.

The defense argued Fucci has been in solitary confinement for more than 400 days, which his attorney said is torturous to the now 16-year-old.

Fucci does have video chats with family and his legal team a couple times a month. He was put in solitary confinement in Duval County because of suicidal thoughts and threats from other inmates.

Threats from other inmates?

The court also heard a motion to move Fucci out of solitary confinement Tuesday. While Fucci's legal team claimed he is enduring "ongoing torture" at the Duval Country Jail, the judge denied that motion as well.

The accused may have carried a reputation of being a bully and the wanna-be big shot in the community but they don't play those same games in prison. We witnessed sparks of his madness when he was seated inside the police vehicle sending messages besmirching his victim. MOO

Effects of solitary confinement on mental and physical health

AUG 6, 2020

Research indicates that both living alone and feelings of loneliness are strongly associated with suicide attempts and suicidal ideation. Additionally, many individuals who experience confinement become incapable of living around other people.

A lack of physical activity may also make it difficult to manage or prevent certain health conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.

A prolonged lack of sunlight can cause a vitamin D deficiency, which can put older adults at risk of fractures and falls.

Some research indicates that solitary confinement:
  • is not cost effective
  • does not achieve its intended outcomes
  • may exacerbate the issues that it intends to solve
People who experience solitary confinement are more likely to develop anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, and psychosis. The practice also affects physical health, increasing a person’s risk for a range of conditions, including fractures, vision loss, and chronic pain.

The accused may have carried a reputation of being a bully and the wanna-be big shot in the community but they don't play those same games in prison. We witnessed sparks of his madness when he was seated inside the police vehicle sending messages besmirching his victim. MOO

Effects of solitary confinement on mental and physical health

AUG 6, 2020

Research indicates that both living alone and feelings of loneliness are strongly associated with suicide attempts and suicidal ideation. Additionally, many individuals who experience confinement become incapable of living around other people.

A lack of physical activity may also make it difficult to manage or prevent certain health conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.

A prolonged lack of sunlight can cause a vitamin D deficiency, which can put older adults at risk of fractures and falls.

Some research indicates that solitary confinement:
  • is not cost effective
  • does not achieve its intended outcomes
  • may exacerbate the issues that it intends to solve
People who experience solitary confinement are more likely to develop anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, and psychosis. The practice also affects physical health, increasing a person’s risk for a range of conditions, including fractures, vision loss, and chronic pain.

I watched the hearing and needed to take my blood pressure meds after listening to the public defender. She complained about the 'snapchat video from the backseat of the sheriff's car' as one of the reasons her client can't get a fair trial in Duval county. That was his own doing. Why should he receive more lenient and beneficial treatment just because he was acting like a cold blooded jack arse after the killing?

The DA was saying that he is being kept separate from the gen pop for his own protection. Stabbing a little girl to death and then joking about it online is not a popular move. The DA contends that no matter what county he is held in, he'd still need to be separated until after his trial.

Apparently the defendant was expressing suicidal threats and threats against others when he was first incarcerated. So it was not from being in solitary, it seems it was from being arrested for murder and knowing what he had done.

His PD is complaining about community vigils, and the community buying teal ribbons and wristbands, and schools giving scholarships in memorial. She says there is nothing improper about that but he cannot receive a fair trial...So he should get some beneficial treatments because of that community support for a young murder victim?

The PD complaining about the sheriff and State Attorney giving interviews, and seems to be asking for a gag order from her on out...she says the pretrial publicity prohibits an impartial jury.

She is also asking for a move out of Duval, BEFORE the judge tries to seat a jury. She said I know that it usually happens only after there is an attempt, but this trial has way too much publicity and it won't be fair to my client. The DA answered her concerns and showed they were not totally correct.

Fucci’s trial is set for Feb 6. He has a pretrial hearing on Jan. 20.

From the news4jax link above:

In the motion, the state says that while Fucci is charged with first-degree murder in the stabbing death of his St. Johns County schoolmate, it is not a capital case because of his age. He is not eligible for the death penalty, only life in prison.

The state goes on to say that given that reality, state law allows for a six-member jury, not a 12-member jury.

[...]

In the meantime, there are two recent defense filings in which Fucci’s lawyer has asked to be kept confidential. They are still pending.

-----------
JAN 6

New confidential defense motion filed in case of Aiden Fucci, teen charged in Tristyn Bailey’s death

Documents obtained Friday by News4JAX show that the motion was filed Wednesday. The St. Johns County Clerk of Courts on Thursday informed the lawyer that the motion does not meet the requirements of confidentiality and gave the attorney 10 days to seek a hearing on the matter.

Notably, there was a confidential filing last year and that remains under seal.
-----------------
Wonder what they're feeding him because he's gained weight and his cheeks are chubby. moo
-----------------
Reminder:
Exact start date of Aiden Fucci’s trial could be announced in December

... the judge also released the trial dates for Fucci’s mother, Crystal Smith, who is charged with tampering with evidence. Investigators said she washed blood off her son’s blue jeans while he was being questioned.

Smith will have a status hearing on April 4. April 12 will be the pretrial hearing. April 17-28 is the trial period for Fucci’s mother.

I hope we can follow this trial. I worry that it will all be held as a 'dark' court because of his young age. I hope not because we should be able to see some semblance of justice for sweet Tristyn. So far it's been all about him. :mad:

Apparently, Fucci is getting and giving threats and punches.

"One of those inmates told police, the report reads; “Fucci been saying he gonna stab me up when he gets back to GP. He be telling everyone in the dorm that when he get out, he gonna find my people and stab them and take pictures. He go around saying we all p**** because most of us in here for shooting someone and killing them. He says he real because he stabs a b**** face to face and take, they life, it’s like he get high off it or something.”

Further investigating, according to the report, shows Fucci made several threats against other inmates and staff members, including when an inmate told police Fucci threatened someone, saying “When he gets out of the box, he’s going to stab him up.”"

Last edited:
"Aiden Fucci has been extorting and threatening other teen inmates at the Duval County Jail, according to reports obtained by First Coast News. He has been sprayed twice with chemical restraint.

The reports portray Fucci as combative and bullying, fighting another teen inmate and forcing others to provide him items from the jail commissary.

One teen told jail officials, “Fucci been saying he gonna stab me up…He go around saying we all p**** because most of in here for shooting someone and killing them. He says he 'real' because he stabs a b**** face to face and take they life. It’s like he get high off it or something.”

Doesn't the news networks know we want photos of the chemicals being sprayed at Fucci?

from Ray_of_Hope's link Accused murderer Aiden Fucci threatening and extorting inmates, jail officials say

... Christmas Day 2021 fight which Fucci allegedly got into with another inmate. < > Officers tried to break up the fight using chemical spray ...

After the incident, Fucci was sent to solitary confinement.

... [OCT 5, 2022] report says Fucci refused to step out of the way, and then refused to put his hands behind his back for cuffs, repeating "*advertiser censored** that. I’m calling my people." < > The officer moved closer, and sprayed him in the face. Fucci was then handcuffed.

..."Sergeant C deemed inmate Fucci a threat < > and ordered that he be placed in the Restraint Safety chair.” Four officers strapped Fucci into the chair at around 3:50 p.m. He remained there until about 7:05 p.m.

--------

One month ago - Jury selection begins first week of FEB
@ 01:41 Tristyn's lovely family wearing teal and the Deputy's facial expression is priceless

I suspect that we will eventually find out that there’s a serious personality disorder at play here combined with other issues.

He’s sick and twisted.

They can NEVER let this guy walk the streets again. NEVER.

MOO.

This idiot has a death wish because he knows he can't survive. I think he's trying to cause the inevitable. I hope he is epically unsuccessful and suffers for the rest of his life in there.
Exactly what I think. He tried staring into air and twitching wildly during earlier hearings to appear insane. Now he's got nothing to lose but to entice others to attack and kill him. But from what I understand, he's segregated from the hardened adults, so good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund