GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given Fucci's home life, my guess is he has a lot of violent thoughts, consumes violent material on the regular, uses drugs or alcohol (I bet $ on meth or salts) and went to the hang out spot with Tristyn already n the mood to do harm due to rage issues (thanks dad) . Perhaps Tristyn was blowing him off a lot recently, or he as told she said something behind his back, or she said something on social media he took wrong, or he was angry because she was dating someone else or hanging out with people that didn't like him, or it was the result of sexual tension and unrequieted love and he was just too awkward or scared to do anything but stab her to death. His instagram post just tells me he meant to do it and didn't regret it. If he does now it is because he was high when he did it. JMO.

I don't remember seeing anything about his home life, other than his parents may have criminal records. Did I miss something about drug use/bath salts?

As if it’s not ugly already this is going to get much worse I fear.

MOO

Oh yes. The police are keeping things quiet out of respect for the family and to preserve the integrity of the investigation and prosecution.

After the funeral more information will come out during defense discovery.

Anything that the judge allows to go public at the trial will come out. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if the judge doesn’t limit public disclosure for the sake of the victim’s family.

ugh, this case is horrific to begin with, and now people are trying to imply that they were involved in the crime?
Uuuugh! You were right. I heard on the News4Jax evening news that there were trolls actually saying that they were involved. The sheriff's office is looking into charging them. I hope they do. Good grief!

Oh yes. The police are keeping things quiet out of respect for the family and to preserve the integrity of the investigation and prosecution.

After the funeral more information will come out during defense discovery.

Anything that the judge allows to go public at the trial will come out. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if the judge doesn’t limit public disclosure for the sake of the victim’s family.

@Bordeaux Could the police be keeping things quiet until it's decided whether to try him as a juvenile or adult? I think juvie cases are usually sealed except for maybe the sentencing.

@Bordeaux Could the police be keeping quiet until it's decided whether to try him as a juvenile or adult? I think juvie cases are usually sealed except for maybe the sentencing.

They are not going to give the defense preliminary information. Supposedly they are lab testing a possible murder weapon and who knows what else.

After the prosecution builds their case the defense will be entitled to discovery.

Right now all the prosecution has to release is enough information to hold the suspect.

I don’t think the adult/juvenile issue is a major factor in withholding information. That issue has more to do with sentencing, IMHO. The case is still so new.

Someone already mentioned ... dbm.

A friend of mine lives down the road in Durbin Crossing, knows the families, and searched for Tristyn . My heart breaks for the Baileys

Last edited:
[QUOTE SNIPPED - His instagram post just tells me he meant to do it and didn't regret it. If he does now it is because he was high when he did it. JMO.[/QUOTE]

That post (picture in the back seat) was several hours after the murder when he got picked up, so unless he got high again that day before the arrest? Possible.

As he is a minor, if he was picked up for questioning- they could not cuff him nor take the phone nor question him without a parent. Seems the cop car pic, which is awful, is certainly not LE’s fault.

"Rumors are circulating alleging Aiden Fucci had a prior juvenile record. Juvenile records are sealed. However, First Coast News has confirmed with law enforcement sources that this is not the case."
"Officials said Tristyn was found clothed, and so far, there is no indication of sexual assault."
VERIFY: Addressing misinformation in Tristyn Bailey investigation | firstcoastnews.com
Thank you for posting this, it’s a good reminder of how lies and misinformation are presented as fact on social media which is a gazillion times worse than that old “telephone” game.
A quote from the petition with almost 150,000 signatures now linked in the article; “Tristyn Bailey was murdered and is believed to have been raped by Aiden Fucci and possibly other people.”
It is “believed” because of social media rumors.
In reality, “Officials said Tristyn was found clothed, and so far, there is no indication of sexual assault.”
I doubt her family appreciates this and I also doubt the DA will make charging decisions based on a petition, but for the rumor mongers, it may give them a feeling of validity.
This case is bad enough without making things up.

Last edited:
Apparently some of the trolls can be charged with interfering in an investigation and I certainly hope they are. Not only did some say they were involved in the crime, but some of the posts were taunting family and friends. The "#FreeAiden" was also on several of the posts. What kind of sick society do we live in where people claim to have taken part in a murder, and taunt family and friends of the victim? There was also a photo of a bloody knife. Good grief!

"The St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office said the 13-year-old was found stabbed to death in the Durbin Crossing neighborhood. Aiden Fucci, 14, has been arrested and charged with murder and is being held at a juvenile detention center in Daytona Beach.

Deputies on Tuesday revealed some of the accounts they said “had nothing to do with this incident,” and the I-TEAM has been reviewing them and others. Some of the posts taunt Bailey’s family and friends. One shows a picture of a bloody knife, which they claim was used in her murder. The posters are using the hashtag #FreeAiden."

Could social media trolls get charged with interfering in Tristyn Bailey case?

So looking at some Instagram accounts related and unrelated I see the "kys" everywhere. It took a few minutes but that means 'kill yourself'. Horrifying how kids communicate with one another these days.

I really hate to say this but social media is ruining the world--- Make no mistake, I love social media, I love Facebook and web sites like this one, but there are many crazies out there and mentally ill and evil people who are using social media for really bad stuff. What started out as an innocent way to connect with others, has turned into a perversion of itself. It is now used for evil deeds more often than good ones IMO.

I really hate to say this but social media is ruining the world--- Make no mistake, I love social media, I love Facebook and web sites like this one, but there are many crazies out there and mentally ill and evil people who are using social media for really bad stuff. What started out as an innocent way to connect with others, has turned into a perversion of itself. It is now used for evil deeds more often than good ones IMO.

And there is so much social pressure on young people because of the intensity of social media.

Bullying is taken to a monstrous new level now. Mean girls can ruin an awkward girl's life, even from another school or another town, just by mocking them online, or making a parody account of them.

And there is so much social pressure on young people because of the intensity of social media.

Bullying is taken to a monstrous new level now. Mean girls can ruin an awkward girl's life, even from another school or another town, just by mocking them online, or making a parody account of them.

You speak the truth

I’m curious to know if all of these kids snuck out of the house of if their parents knew they were out? I know I snuck out many times when I was in high school but 13 and 14 just seems so young for that. I know it doesn’t have much impact on the case but this mama to a 15 year old is so curious.

If it was a common thing for the kids to hang out at the Amenity Center or go into the woods at this time of night poor Tristyn would have thought nothing of walking with him alone like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph