GUILTY FL - Yana Huss, 31, brutally murdered, Port Charlotte, 25 April 2007

:woohoo:YEAH!!!!!!

Sleep well RAT! HUGS to you! Thanks KK for letting us know, I have been checking like every 15 minutes:)

It has been stressful. But I never doubted that this would be the result. And I'm so thankful that Scott's own son saw the monster he was and came forward to back up Petr.

Nothing can bring Yana back, but this killer would never have let her live in peace. He might have done worse in time. Her children are safe now, and that's a grace.

I just tonight click on this link and started reading, that was at 8:30 PM EST I read both sites and links. Holy Cow!

I have much admiration for many of you and I won't forget Yana ever! That defense team should be serving time too for what the comment in closing about that poor child!!!!!!!! That ticked me OFF!

This case touched me so deeply and I just started to read about it tonight, but most of you have been on this from day one and very close to it. I can almost feel that sigh of relief emitting from you all.

God Bless, Yana and her beloved Family!

Thank You all - especially that Pyrate Buddy of Mine, Koldkase, for helping me when I did not have access to update you - She IS The Best! I slept very well for the first time this week - and after a very long distance phone call from a Happy Momma across the Sea. I Love Her. Yana's Son is an amazing HERO and Sealed the Deal for his Mommy...I Love and Admire this Little Man with ALL of my Heart. I've had a little time to update over at FFJ, so please, for now as I need to regroup & rest & tend to my own Loves - please check there for the updates, but I will leave you with this Special One for now.

Thank You for Those that did follow along here, I knew that this local case NEEDED to go National and Thank You WebSleuths for allowing me to do so!

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=13615123

Video & Story is Must See TV ;) and the last few new pages at FFJ!

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8720&page=21

Love,
Rat

I'm going to let this sit for a couple of days and then move it to the recently sentenced area. I'll wait until everyone has had a chance to catch up.

Please let me know if any appeals are filed.

Thanks everyone for all your hard work in keeping us updated!

Salem

I'm going to let this sit for a couple of days and then move it to the recently sentenced area. I'll wait until everyone has had a chance to catch up.

Salem

Thank You! Can we wait just a bit longer though as Sentencing will be help on January 12th?!?!

Today is Sentencing Day!!!

It is also the day that Scott's Motion for a New Trial will be heard at the same time:

PUNTA GORDA — A local man convicted earlier this month of fatally stabbing his estranged wife wants a new trial, claiming the inclusion of the videotaped testimony of a key state witness should have been scrutinized further before it was played for jurors.

Scott Huss was found guilty Dec. 3 of seconddegree murder in the 2007 death of Yana Huss. The Russian-born woman was killed on April 25, 2007. She was 31. Scott Huss is slated to be sentenced next month. Prosecutors plan to seek the maximum penalty — life in prison.

In a motion filed last week, defense attorney Thomas Marryott argues that his client was prejudiced by the use of the deposition testimony of Yana’s young son, Petir Shalin.

The then- 8-year-old boy told investigators that he saw Scott Huss — his thenstepfather — stab his mother while she was in the laundry room of the family’s former Rickover Street home in Port Charlotte."

www.yoursun.net 12/21/10

How desperate...I watched the video, I have a transcript of it, and I heard Scott's attorney depose the young Hero, there are no grounds for this Motion, so I am Praying that nothing goes haywire today and Yana's family can finally move forward without this Monster in their constant thoughts.

More info here:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8720&page=25

What a huge this guy is. I am also flabbergasted that his attorneys could present the Russian mob story with a straight face.
I hadn't heard about this before today. Good job RiverRat for all you have done. Prayers and best wishes to Peter and his sister. What a sad, sad family. How could his mother even think about not calling the police immediately?! RIP Yana. To Scott, burn in Hell.

What a huge this guy is. I am also flabbergasted that his attorneys could present the Russian mob story with a straight face.
I hadn't heard about this before today. Good job RiverRat for all you have done. Prayers and best wishes to Peter and his sister. What a sad, sad family. How could his mother even think about not calling the police immediately?! RIP Yana. To Scott, burn in Hell.

There...had to bold that one sentence since I enjoyed it so! Thank You for your Prayers, after today, it is my Dream for Yana's family - and mine - to be able to put This Monster completely in our past. Nothing is ever Certain, so I am starting to get that tiny nervous tinge in my tummy, but am keeping the Faith that today will go exactly as it should and that Scott will move out of the county jail that he has been housed in for over two and a half years and into his Prison Cell for the rest of his UnNatural Life.

For the Last Time~
How Could I NOT?!
RR

Salem

Thank YOU! Scott's attorney automatically asked to appeal on the day his client was found Guilty and has also filed a Motion for a New Trial - that motion will be heard today - same time as the Sentencing Hearing is set. Just please let me know where this thread lands in the End...wow - hard to believe I can even type that word as it's been such a long road.

Justice for Yana~
RR

Motion for a New Trial DENIED...and Scott was Sentenced to LIFE In Prison with NO Parole! :woohoo: It made me ill to hear him continue his nonsense, instead of trying to make himself less than the Monster he is...his statement was about This being a Victory for the Russian Mafia that - according to Inmate Scott - is an EPIDEMIC in America...he only made a further Fool of himself and made me sick to my stomach but Judge Dommerich made sure that Scott Knew that NO ONE bought his Tale Tells!

Media Updates to Follow! Thank You for your support and interest in helping me see that Yana received the Justice that she deserved Long Ago.

Love~
RR

PUNTA GORDA — Scott Huss was defiant to the end.
And delusional, according to prosecutors.

Huss, 52, was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison — without the possibility of parole — for the 2007 murder of his estranged wife, Yana Huss.
The Russian-born woman was stabbed to death at the couple’s former Port Charlotte home on April 25, 2007. She was 31.

Inside a packed courtroom at the Charlotte County Justice Center, 20th Circuit Judge John Dommerich, who presided over Huss’ five-day trial more than a month ago, admonished the Punta Gorda man for committing an act he called “brutal and vicious.”

The judge didn’t mince words.

“You stabbed your wife savagely,” Dommerich said. “She was aware of what was happening to her.”

Huss stared straight ahead as the judge pressed on.

Noting evidence that showed a troubled marriage from the start — Yana Huss filed multiple injunctions for protection against her husband — Dommerich said Huss ended the relationship by committing murder. “Divorce is a way of ending a troublesome marriage. You chose not to do that. You instead committed a horrendous act, (of) which you were found guilty,” the judge said.

Dommerich spoke for about five minutes before sentencing Huss to life in prison. He noted the overwhelming evidence in the case that suggested Yana’s murder was premeditated.

A so-called manifesto penned by Scott Huss was found on a file on the defendant’s computer following his arrest four years ago. Timestamp information from the saved file showed it was first created months before Yana was killed.

“I think the state probably could have made a (case for) premeditation, but they chose to prosecute you on second-degree murder,” the judge told Huss.
Huss, for his part, remained defiant.

Before sentencing was imposed, Huss read a prepared statement, where he again directed blame to the Russian mafia.

“The Russians have won this battle,” Huss said, his voice filling the silent but packed courtroom. :sick:

At Huss’ trial last month, the defense argued Russian mobsters killed Yana Huss after she disobeyed orders to take possession of Scott Huss’ assets.
Defense attorneys Thomas Marryott and Michael Powell did not offer any argument Wednesday as to sentencing, per Huss’ request, Marryott said.

The 52-year-old man told the judge Wednesday that he will continue fighting. “In time, the truth will be revealed,” Huss said. :sick:

Huss’ sentencing comments did not appear to surprise prosecutors following Wednesday’s hearing.

“I think sometimes people tell stories so many times they begin to believe them.” Assistant State Attorney Dan Feinberg said.

Joyce Huss, Scott Huss’ elderly mother, watched quietly as her son was taken away from the courtroom. She filed quickly out of the room, flanked by two men.

While the Seminole County woman said she had “a lot to say” about her son being sentenced to life, she refused to say anything further.

Yana’s son, Petir Shalin, witnessed Scott Huss, his then-stepfather, stab Yana repeatedly in the chest and torso.

Impact statements from Yana’s family, including Petir, also made an indelible impression on the judge for sentencing.

While Dommerich did not read aloud the statements by Yana’s mother, Elena Kuchinskaya; sister, Yulia Nabokova; or son, Petir Shalin, who witnessed the murder, copies were furnished to the media.

The family currently resides in the Netherlands. They did not attend the trial.
“I tremble every day when I think of this ugly man,” Petir states in the document. “The time I lived with him and my mother in Florida has been a time of sadness, a time of mishandling and a loss of children years for (my sister) and me. “My dream is: The whole situation will change and my mother will be with me,” Petir wrote.

Following Wednesday’s sentencing, several friends of Yana Huss were on their phones trying to ring up the late woman’s family in Europe. They said they were elated that justice had been served.

Hayley, who assisted Yana’s family with their efforts to gain custody of the Huss’ young daughter and Petir, gave a discreet thumbs up to her friends inside the courtroom when Dommerich sentenced Huss to life in prison.
“Hopefully (Yana’s family) can keep going on with their lives without Scott on their minds,” she said."

www.yoursun.com

Yana's mother Elena took Piter and Katrina from the US but did not keep them or raise them. She left them with Yana's sister Yulia in St. Petersburg, Russia, where Katrina was mistreated by Yulia and her husband. Last summer, she ran away from home and has been living in an orphanage. She messaged me today that she had run away from the orphanage and did not know what to do. Katrina, now 14, has told four members of the Huss family, including her "Grandma Joyce," that she wants to come to America to live with her "American family." Mrs. Huss contacted the US State Department, who assisted her communication with her granddaughter and attempted to facilitate Katrina's return to the United States, as she is a US citizen. Members of the Huss family wish to go to St. Petersburg to retrieve Katrina to her home country and a loving family, but Russian law and danger are serious impediments to such a journey. Piter, who also grew up with Yulia & her husband, has been in touch with his American step-brother and seems to have been treated fine by his aunt and uncle. Since so many posters have expressed concern about Yana's children, I thought you might appreciate an update.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back