Flippy Esso: what do we know?

Originally posted by Ivy
Maikai, I'm not an Intruder theorist by a long shot, but I wonder if the workers Colfax rambled on about were investigated, and if not, why not.

This is OT, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it. I have been trying to find info about the 1980 Lindsley trial in which Lee Bibb (Bobb?) Lindsley was acquitted of murdering her husband, a prominent Colorado pediatrician. Ms. Lindsley was defended by Haddon partners, Bryan Morgan and Lee Foreman, who presented a very controversial intruder theory. Anyone know where I can find online information about the Lindsley case? It's interesting that the Ramseys selected attorneys who just happened to have successfully won a case based on an intruder theory.

I don't think Colfax was taken seriously by the police.

Not much online about Lee Bobb Lindsley--you'd probably have to go to the Rocky Mountain or Denver Post archives, and pay for articles, since the trial was so long ago. Since it was Arapahoe County, the courthouse would have trial records. Amazingly, no books written about it---of course at that time, we didn't have 24 hour cable shows. Haddon, et al seem to be the lawfirm those with money go to when in trouble---they're representing Kobe now. I see Morgan was an ex-DA in Boulder...so was Bynum. Bynum got the best--which of course PO'd some of the BPD. Kind of like my big brother is going to beat up your brother.

Sorry, Toth...off the subject. Is this guy your interested in listed on the website for Colorado sex offenders?

my original thought about who killed JBR has not changed...A worker in the house and there were many with the renovation that was being done, is my suspect. And who really knows and can pinpoint all those workers? Roy Black in FL defended a man accused of killing his daughter and it turned out to be the carpet cleaner that the neighbors had hired. Polly Klaas, the man was brazen enough to walk right into the bedroom with girls still awake and the mother sleeping in a bedroom close by...Those are two examples and then take Elizabeth Smart--she was abducted right in front of her sister and he had been a worker in their home as well.

Toth will you PLEASE tell us what was the nature of his sex offence? You can't say someone is a sex offender (or if you are being pedantic that he was on the sex offender register) with the implication that it is significant (in that there was a sexual element to the crime and police should have been looking at relevant sex offenders)....and then dismiss it on the grounds that his presence in the house was more significant than his previous crime.

If he is of more interest than the hundreds of others who were in the Ramsey house prior to the murder BECAUSE he was a sex offender, then his sex offence is significant. Did he get on the register because he had sex with a (just) under age girl? Did he have sex with a (just) under age male? Did he rape an old lady? Or did he target little girls?

If you know then tell us. If you don't then is there any point in having this discussion?

"(Everyone who wants to know who Toth is referring to can read John Ramsey's year 2000 Atlanta transcript, the one currently circulating among forums; D* K* appears near the beginning.)

Where specificallly is this? I can't find anything but Patsy's portion of the transcripts. Thanks.

My question exactly, Jayelles. Before I wade into other forum looking for references in the transcripts, I'd like to know if it's worth the time. If his offense was anything like that of the neighbor who photographed a slightly underage teenage boy, I'm not interested.

Originally posted by why_nutt
There is something suspect about this anecdote. The ankle monitor's effectiveness lies in being keyed to the location of the offender's house via a device attached to the offender's phone, with authorities being given notice via the phone line if the offender has wandered beyond a range measured in feet. A person is not supposed to be able to stroll around an area of X square miles while wearing the monitor. (Everyone who wants to know who Toth is referring to can read John Ramsey's year 2000 Atlanta transcript, the one currently circulating among forums; D* K* appears near the beginning.)

The device is attached to his ankle but I assumed that it had to be "near" his phone only at night.

Note: He is not 'DK',,he is Flippy Esso. Don't use his real name, don't use his real intials.

Originally posted by Jayelles
Toth will you PLEASE tell us what was the nature of his sex offence?
I had hoped that someone in Boulder or atleast in Colorado could find out for us and post the details. Surely there is a good chance that someone on this forum both knows the real name and lives in Colorado?

Ach Toth. You're all over the place on this. How many sex offenders are likely to reside in Boulder?

I can't do this exercise unless I know what the nature of his offence was. If the FACT he's a sex offender matters, then the nature of his sex offence surely matters too?

I once had the privilege of working with Glenn Wilson http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/IoP/Departments/Psycholo/Staff/prWilson.shtml and he explained how a sex offender perceives/simulates courtship. He's a very interesting man. A perfvert who is working up to rape may make obscene phone calls or spy on potential victims (peeping tom) - this is his version of courtship. The behaviours folow certain predictable patterns and thus form the backbone of behavioural science/criminal profiling.

If we knew Flippy's background, then we could decided whether he is or is not a viable suspect.

Ach Toth. You're all over the place on this. How many sex offenders are likely to reside in Boulder?

A lot! Boulder is kind of like the statue of liberty---ie: give us your tired, your poor, your neuvo rich techno people, artists, your eccentric & eclectric, your drug abusers, and just plain ol' weirdos and burnouts. It's a mecca for many---always has been. A lot of errrrr different types of people can hang out there, and not raise a lot of suspicion or interest....they just blend in.

There's jobs created by the wealthy-----it's a town of those that have and those that don't.

Toth, I don't understand why you won't answer these specific questions that we are posing. It's kind of like someone who has dangled candy in front of a child, put it away, and then talks to the child about how good it tastes.

Originally posted by Nehemiah
Toth, I don't understand why you won't answer these specific questions that we are posing. It's kind of like someone who has dangled candy in front of a child, put it away, and then talks to the child about how good it tastes.
There are posters who live in Colorado and can research the exact nature of the offense that was committed and anything else that would be relevant. Let them do the research and post the information.

WhyNut has chosen to post the initials of the individual and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the asterisks were substituted on a character for character basis so now everyone knows the length of his names as well. I had hoped this would not happen. He is Flippy Esso until such time as arrested or indicted or atleast far, far more evidence is developed against him. I've not 'dangled candy'. I've made a serious request of posters who live near Boulder or for other posters who already know of Flippy Esso's identity to gather and collect the information in one thread. Instead all I get are a flurry of posts asking me to reveal the man's identity. I'm not going to do it.

On-edit: Even after everyone was saying Gary Oliva, I said Thomas Aquinas. Even after everyone was saying Nancy Krebs, I said "Callie". I don't see why you can't just accept the use of the moniker "Flippy Esso".

Where did you get your info? From the Atlanta interviews? If so, where is that posted as I would like to read what was said. I'm not interested in his real name. I just want to read the source and perhaps I can go from there. Thanks.

The Atlanta Transcripts are posted at the Forum of Record and Responsible Posting.

You can look up Colorado Sex offenders very easily on line if you have the person's name. I also have access to Lexis Nexis. If someone wants to send me the name, I will look it up through L/N but I do not have time to play guessing games nor do I have the inclination to wade through crap at the swamp looking for the name.

A search at the Colorado Convicted Sex Offender site does not turn up anything for a Dennis K****. The only person with the initials DK was a David King who committed Lewd/lascivious conduct with a child in 1990. He is currently listed as 'failed to register'.

I looked up lewd/lascivious behaviour and there was an abundance of interpretations. Seemingly it can mean anything from using sexual swear words upwards.

Any chance that ******* changed the first name from David to Dennis and that the number of asterisks in the surname does not correspond directly to the number of letters in the name?

A search at the Colorado Convicted Sex Offender site does not turn up anything for a Dennis K****. The only person with the initials DK was a David King who committed Lewd/lascivious conduct with a child in 1990. He is currently listed as 'failed to register'.

I looked up lewd/lascivious behaviour and there was an abundance of interpretations. Seemingly it can mean anything from using sexual swear words upwards.

Any chance that ******* changed the first name from David to Dennis and that the number of asterisks in the surname does not correspond directly to the number of letters in the name?

I have gone looking for Dennis K and have found someone who fits the profile in a most general way. Of course, we can expect from Toth something less than accuracy, so the "sex offender" charge may be a blind alley. The Dennis K I have found in Boulder is describeable as, as John would have it, "a fairly dysfunctional fellow." But the charges against him are not sex offenses; his problems stemmed from committing domestic violence. He pled not guilty to one such act in March of 1996, he then changed his plea to guilty in October of that year, and he served 20 days in jail.

If this man is the target of John's suspicions, I would say they are not warranted. A man who commits domestic violence is not one to write ransom notes or fantasize about kidnapping anyone other than someone in his intimate circle. Acts of domestic violence take place as a means for someone to take control of their personal environment. The Ramsey house was not this man's house, JonBenet was not his wife; those who assault their spouses are not known to escalate their domestic problems by going out and planning elaborate scenarios involving the children of employers.

Would someone be electronically tagged after serving just 20 days in prison? A short sentence like that is a mere slap on the wrist surely? Here only certain categories of prisoners are tagged and it tends to be when they have been released early from a significant spell of incarceration.

I found this:-
http://www.coloradocure.org/cgi-local/coloradoCureMain.cgi?page=comcoroverview

This lists electronic monitoring under 'Public Safety'.

Maikai...Colfax aside, I find it curious that the Ramseys themselves didn't immediately tell investigators about the workmen they'd had dealings with, including Flippy.

Right away, John told the police he thought it was an inside job, indicating he didn't buy the "small foreign faction" bit. If John thought the perp was someone familiar with the layout of the house and who might have had access to information such as John's bonus, why didn't John tell LE about Flippy, who'd actually worked in the house?

Btw, thanks for the Lindsley information.

Would someone be electronically tagged after serving just 20 days in prison? A short sentence like that is a mere slap on the wrist surely? Here only certain categories of prisoners are tagged and it tends to be when they have been released early from a significant spell of incarceration.

I found this:-
http://www.coloradocure.org/cgi-local/coloradoCureMain.cgi?page=comcoroverview

This lists electronic monitoring under 'Public Safety'.

In addition to the twenty days in jail, he was also put on two years' probation, so that may be a factor.

It seems an extreme measure for something that is potentially among the lower categories of offence? I could be totally wrong. I thought electronic tagging was fairly costly - but a cheaper-than-prison alternative for our government's over-stretched coffers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back