Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #7

Just smelling Limburger cheese makes me wonder how horribly hungry somebody had to be to put that in their mouth in the first place. Then again, bleu cheese has always smelled like vomit to me. If it doesn't smell appealing to the nose it isn't going anywhere near the mouth.

Just smelling Limburger cheese makes me wonder how horribly hungry somebody had to be to put that in their mouth in the first place. Then again, bleu cheese has always smelled like vomit to me. If it doesn't smell appealing to the nose it isn't going anywhere near the mouth.
Blue cheese seems that way to me as well.

I had a friend in high school whose mom loved Limburger cheese. The family banished her to her room while she ate it. She liked it with onion slices and beer. Smelled like something dead to me. I would never taste it.

Tabasco has a new version of hot sauce called Scorpion, and I think the flavor is great. It’s my favorite one, recommending for any Tabasco and heat enthusiasts:

“Introducing our hottest sauce yet: TABASCO® Scorpion Pepper Sauce. Culled from the flames of flavor, this fiery sauce features a dynamic mix of scorpion peppers, guava, and pineapple—all blended with a splash of TABASCO®.While typical red peppers used to make Original Red sauce fall between 2,500 to 5,000 Scoville Units, one scorpion pepper can pack a potent punch of roughly 2 million. Nearly 20 times hotter than our Original Red, TABASCO® Scorpion Pepper Sauce is not for the faint of heart. Flavor responsibly.”

Sounds so fiery HOT :eek: o_O
FIREdevil.gif
that I’m not sure I’ll be able to tolerate it!

Attachments

• IMG_1685.jpeg
    IMG_1685.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1686.jpeg
    IMG_1686.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 9
Tabasco has a new version of hot sauce called Scorpion, and I think the flavor is great. It’s my favorite one, recommending for any Tabasco and heat enthusiasts:

“Introducing our hottest sauce yet: TABASCO® Scorpion Pepper Sauce. Culled from the flames of flavor, this fiery sauce features a dynamic mix of scorpion peppers, guava, and pineapple—all blended with a splash of TABASCO®.While typical red peppers used to make Original Red sauce fall between 2,500 to 5,000 Scoville Units, one scorpion pepper can pack a potent punch of roughly 2 million. Nearly 20 times hotter than our Original Red, TABASCO® Scorpion Pepper Sauce is not for the faint of heart. Flavor responsibly.”

omg, thanks for the tip! Gotta get this!!

I have to make a spring pea soup this weekend and couldn't get any leeks. Does anyone think I can get the same effect from a few scallions? I'm seeing that as a leek substitute.

This will be served before my... coconut cream pie, which I hope doesn't trigger bad flashbacks to maggots, LOL.

I have to make a spring pea soup this weekend and couldn't get any leeks. Does anyone think I can get the same effect from a few scallions? I'm seeing that as a leek substitute.

This will be served before my... coconut cream pie, which I hope doesn't trigger bad flashbacks to maggots, LOL.
It is ramp season. Are you able to find ramps at markets in your area?

This is funny: I don’t know if you remember but I was saying I love Spam and grew up eating it. So, today I happened to see this article in Yahoo!Life on Spam Musubi. It says “Hormel, the company that invented Spam in 1937 and still makes it today in Austin, Minnesota, will introduce its first Spam musubi television ad campaign in April to try to capitalize on the trend.” It makes me chuckle because “the trend” has been around for as long as I can remember.

Then, as I got to the end of that article, the next one was for baked potatoes, another recent subject here! It says the English call them “Jacket Potatoes”. And it takes 2 hrs + 10 min cooking time but comes out superior, according to the writer. I’ll have to try this. Instead of poking holes, you cut a cross shape before baking, then after the 2-hr cooking, you cut deeper and actually open up the potato and bake 10 min more.

IMG_0303.jpeg

It is ramp season. Are you able to find ramps at markets in your area?
omg has it been a year already?! I remember us discussing this in here a long time ago when I first started following this thread :D

I've missed so many posts this past week... Hot sauce and blue cheese?!

My gran told me her dad liked blue cheese. She told me all about the stench :p I have to admit that at first I thought it was repulsive but then I tried it and couldn't stop eating it. A short lived "phase" lol!

@snooptroop88 I think the main thing about using scallions instead of leeks is what part of the scallion you use. The white part is more onion-y and tender than the green part.

omg has it been a year already?! I remember us discussing this in here a long time ago when I first started following this thread :D

I've missed so many posts this past week... Hot sauce and blue cheese?!

My gran told me her dad liked blue cheese. She told me all about the stench :p I have to admit that at first I thought it was repulsive but then I tried it and couldn't stop eating it. A short lived "phase" lol!

@snooptroop88 I think the main thing about using scallions instead of leeks is what part of the scallion you use. The white part is more onion-y and tender than the green part.
Speaking of blue cheese (or bleu cheese as my mother would have said) I have a really good baked macaroni and cheese recipe that uses blue cheese, along with other cheddar and Monterey Jack, and hot sauce. I’ve made it to take to parties and get togethers, and occasionally when someone has asked for the recipe because they love it they are shocked that blue cheese is one of the ingredients. Because they say they don’t care for blue cheese.

Speaking of blue cheese (or bleu cheese as my mother would have said) I have a really good baked macaroni and cheese recipe that uses blue cheese, along with other cheddar and Monterey Jack, and hot sauce. I’ve made it to take to parties and get togethers, and occasionally when someone has asked for the recipe because they love it they are shocked that blue cheese is one of the ingredients. Because they say they don’t care for blue cheese.
I've never met a blue cheese that I didn't like! Definitely on my list of favorite foods :)

I'm at my oldest daughters in Panama City Beach, FL. She bought a grill and we did, kielbasa, steaks, zucchini, squash yesterday. We used Trader Joe's Green Goddess seasoning on all of it. There was nothing in it I am allergic to!! It was really good, so now I have to try to find it at home. We sprayed the veggies with Pam Olive Oil spray.

We made an attempt at a "blooming" onion she had had at some restaurant. We didn't quite prep it well enough but it had olive oil poured in the center. So we will try again next time we grill. We have enough leftovers for lunch today.

After she finishes work today we're going to go check out a new grocery store called Grocery Outlet. Apparently the building was something else in a pre-hurricane Michael life. (2018)

The weather is lovely 65 deg, 45% humidity, 13 MPH breeze.

Attachments

• IMG_3731.jpeg
    IMG_3731.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3732.jpeg
    IMG_3732.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3733.jpeg
    IMG_3733.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3734.jpeg
    IMG_3734.jpeg