Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #7

I'm at my oldest daughters in Panama City Beach, FL. She bought a grill and we did, kielbasa, steaks, zucchini, squash yesterday. We used Trader Joe's Green Goddess seasoning on all of it. There was nothing in it I am allergic to!! It was really good, so now I have to try to find it at home. We sprayed the veggies with Pam Olive Oil spray.

We made an attempt at a "blooming" onion she had had at some restaurant. We didn't quite prep it well enough but it had olive oil poured in the center. So we will try again next time we grill. We have enough leftovers for lunch today.

After she finishes work today we're going to go check out a new grocery store called Grocery Outlet. Apparently the building was something else in a pre-hurricane Michael life. (2018)

The weather is lovely 65 deg, 45% humidity, 13 MPH breeze.
The weather here in Indiana is beautiful today too, 65 degrees, bright blue sky and lots of sunshine. I was just outside with my tulips which are getting ready to bloom.

I love the Green Goddess seasoning from TJ’s too. Their spices are the best! They have unique spice combinations. My spice drawer is full of TJ spices.

The weather here in Indiana is beautiful today too, 65 degrees, bright blue sky and lots of sunshine. I was just outside with my tulips which are getting ready to bloom.

I love the Green Goddess seasoning from TJ’s too. Their spices are the best! They have unique spice combinations. My spice drawer is full of TJ spices.

I'm at my oldest daughters in Panama City Beach, FL. She bought a grill and we did, kielbasa, steaks, zucchini, squash yesterday. We used Trader Joe's Green Goddess seasoning on all of it. There was nothing in it I am allergic to!! It was really good, so now I have to try to find it at home. We sprayed the veggies with Pam Olive Oil spray.

We made an attempt at a "blooming" onion she had had at some restaurant. We didn't quite prep it well enough but it had olive oil poured in the center. So we will try again next time we grill. We have enough leftovers for lunch today.

After she finishes work today we're going to go check out a new grocery store called Grocery Outlet. Apparently the building was something else in a pre-hurricane Michael life. (2018)

You all have convinced me to try TJ spices.

We are on our drive to Florida and passed Sarasota today and thought of you! We started out on Monday and other than wind, it has been a relatively easy drive.

Destination Marco Island tomorrow!

hope that your Grocery Outlet is good. The one here is always full of surprises- close outs, very reasonable prices on things, but it is a mixed bag and you have to paw through all the aisles to discover what they have. A lot of vegan and gluten free stuff. Occasionally some great prices on something I use frequently.

hope that your Grocery Outlet is good. The one here is always full of surprises- close outs, very reasonable prices on things, but it is a mixed bag and you have to paw through all the aisles to discover what they have. A lot of vegan and gluten free stuff. Occasionally some great prices on something I use frequently.
We found some GF loaves of bread and wraps. There were good prices on most everything. The produce quality wasn’t great so we only bought baking potatoes & spinach. We didn’t hit every aisle because we were looking for specific things.

We still ended up at Publix but even then, we forgot 1 thing. I’m going to go to Winn Dixie in the morning.

On Saturday morning we’re going to a farmers market. I’m looking forward to that.

Thinking of you and hoping the procedure goes well.
Thanks! It did go well, but was tiring even with some rest breaks so I could close my mouth briefly. The dentist had to take the molar apart in pieces. I have been resting mostly and needed some pain medicine today. Last night we had soup, and I had soup again for lunch today. Tonight's dinner was a pasta casserole I made early in the week.

Thanks! It did go well, but was tiring even with some rest breaks so I could close my mouth briefly. The dentist had to take the molar apart in pieces. I have been resting mostly and needed some pain medicine today. Last night we had soup, and I had soup again for lunch today. Tonight's dinner was a pasta casserole I made early in the week.
Glad to know that the extraction went well. Did you have a sedation option? DH had "milk of amnesia" (Propofol) and didn't remember a thing. Enjoy the Easter weekend.

We found some GF loaves of bread and wraps. There were good prices on most everything. The produce quality wasn’t great so we only bought baking potatoes & spinach. We didn’t hit every aisle because we were looking for specific things.

We still ended up at Publix but even then, we forgot 1 thing. I’m going to go to Winn Dixie in the morning.

On Saturday morning we’re going to a farmers market. I’m looking forward to that.
The produce at mine is hit or miss but what I like is that it is not all shrink wrapped and multi-packed so if I need to, I can buy one onion or one apple, not a 2 lb bag that I will not use.

This morning I made the hash brown casserole with gluten free cream of chicken soup. The Pacific Foods brand was made with rice flour and had less sodium (but still a lot) than the Campbell's version. I thought the soup was watery. It could have used a tablespoon of gluten free flour, (bean based rather than rice) to thicken it. I baked it a about 15 minutes longer to crisp it up. It was blander, I thought, so next time maybe more pepper, a little more onion, etc.

We also had low sodium bacon, eggs, grapes, orange juice, chocolate milk, tea and coffee. Delicious!

Attachments

• IMG_3751.jpeg
    IMG_3751.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3752.jpeg
    IMG_3752.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3753.jpeg
    IMG_3753.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 15
Glad to know that the extraction went well. Did you have a sedation option? DH had "milk of amnesia" (Propofol) and didn't remember a thing. Enjoy the Easter weekend.
I could have opted for that but the dentist didn't exactly encourage me to do that. Maybe due to my age and the amount of time she anticipated I would need to be sedated (?). I would have needed vital signs monitoring so the procedure would have been done in the hospital instead of the Dental Faculty Practice clinic. But the lidocaine injections did the job of preventing pain during the extraction, thank goodness!
ETA: I didn't know propofol was called "milk of amnesia"! I have had it with colonoscopies and that's a good name for it!

Last edited:
Just smelling Limburger cheese makes me wonder how horribly hungry somebody had to be to put that in their mouth in the first place. Then again, bleu cheese has always smelled like vomit to me. If it doesn't smell appealing to the nose it isn't going anywhere near the mouth.
Same here. I can’t stand blue cheese, and will never even try Limburger. We went to a restaurant once and I ordered the Caesar salad. Who could have guessed that their Caesar dressing had blue cheese in it. Who on earth puts blue cheese In Caesar dressing?! It was one of the worst things I’ve ever put in my mouth.

Same here. I can’t stand blue cheese, and will never even try Limburger. We went to a restaurant once and I ordered the Caesar salad. Who could have guessed that their Caesar dressing had blue cheese in it. Who on earth puts blue cheese In Caesar dressing?! It was one of the worst things I’ve ever put in my mouth.
I love a sharp cheddar, but I really don't like blue cheese. It isn't that it's strong, it's that it tastes like mouldy bread, and I have to spit it out.

After a wonderful afternoon at St Andrew’s State Park, we grilled chicken, corn on the cob & had leftover veggies.

The chicken leg quarters were big so I separated them into thighs & drumsticks. I doused them in the Green Goddess seasoning and roasted garlic powder. It was so good even tho it looked like I used a blow torch! Ha!

I boiled the corn first for about 5-10 minutes and left it in the hot water. Once the chicken was done, I put the corn on the grill.

Attachments

• IMG_3813.jpeg
    IMG_3813.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3816.jpeg
    IMG_3816.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3819.jpeg
    IMG_3819.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3820.jpeg
    IMG_3820.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 23
After a wonderful afternoon at St Andrew’s State Park, we grilled chicken, corn on the cob & had leftover veggies.

The chicken leg quarters were big so I separated them into thighs & drumsticks. I doused them in the Green Goddess seasoning and roasted garlic powder. It was so good even tho it looked like I used a blow torch! Ha!

I boiled the corn first for about 5-10 minutes and left it in the hot water. Once the chicken was done, I put the corn on the grill.
OH, that looks sooo good!!

Am trying to get all the cooking done for Sunday, yipes!!

I love a sharp cheddar, but I really don't like blue cheese. It isn't that it's strong, it's that it tastes like mouldy bread, and I have to spit it out.
This is my favorite cheese, we use it for so many different things. It is one of the cheeses that I use in my baked macaroni and cheese recipe, and it makes excellent grilled cheese, especially when you add fresh tomato slices.

Cabot Seriously Sharp Vermont White Cheddar

Attachments

• IMG_4368.jpeg
    IMG_4368.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 5
We're having spiral sliced ham with Potatoes Dauphin and asparagus for Easter dinner. I've posted my "famous" potato recipe previously on this thread. Nino's was featuring Fontina cheese last week, so I'll use that instead of Gruyere. We'll get a nice loaf of rye bread and Lorraine Swiss cheese for sandwiches next week. Since I made Great Northern bean soup with the Christmas ham bone, DH has requested split pea soup. Instead of onion, I will use leeks as suggested by someone here earlier in the week.

Happy Easter!

This is my favorite cheese, we use it for so many different things. It is one of the cheeses that I use in my baked macaroni and cheese recipe, and it makes excellent grilled cheese, especially when you add fresh tomato slices.

Ha! That's my favorite cheese too! I first had it in Vermont where our son lives, and I was hooked. We always have some in the fridge. Now I want a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich, yum!

We once got a bag of individually wrapped Cabot cheddar cheese snacks at Costco. Each piece was about 2" x 1" - a perfect little snack. I haven't noticed Cabot cheeses at Nino's but will look next time I'm there.

IMG_0307.jpeg
Happy Easter…and happy cooking!
Easter is a day of hope and renewal. Wishing you that and more.
happy117.gif

I started the two-day process of making split pea soup with our Easter ham bone. There are still many slices left which I peeled off and put in Ziploc bag, and there is plenty of meat on the bone that will go into the soup tomorrow. I put the ham bone in the slow cooker with onion, garlic, leek greens, carrots, celery, whole black peppercorns, salt, and sprigs of fresh thyme. I added about 2 cups of chicken stock left in a carton and 6 cups of water. The stock will simmer all day, then I'll strain and refrigerate overnight. I'll make split pea soup tomorrow.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back