Food Donations Needed for Searchers! Search on for this weekend Feb. 18-20 2011

Dear Sweet Teddiebear,

Thank you for your kind offer. We are all good and do not need any more donations. Sorry to make it confusing.

Someone suggested we start a paypal account strictly for food and items needed for the searchers.

I have no problem handling the paypal account but the thing is I like people to actually order what they want to donate. That way there are no problems with how the money is being spent and there is no question about the donations in any way.

If it is something everyone really wants to do I will be glad to do it but if I had my druthers I would prefer to do it the way we handled the food donations.

Weigh in when you get a moment.

Have I mentioned how wonderful you all are????

Love,
Tricia

I think the way you handled it---giving us the phone number and price list was perfect.

I called BIGGS, they gave me up to the minute info about what was already ordered. I was able to order and then pay over the phone myself.

I think it is better if you and WS are left out of the loop money wise in this type of thing. JMO

It makes me proud to be a part of this group. I see the generous donations being made to help feed the searchers, and would love to do more, but know there are others who also want to help. With that said, if anything else is needed, I would be MORE than happy to contribute. And of course, I anticipate there will be future searches that will offer other opportunities; as much as I wish they'd find Hailey today, I realize it is unlikely.

BTW, I think Brad Dennis makes a GREAT spokesperson. He's clear, concise, and correct. It is obvious he is good at what he does, but a terrible shame that he's had so much experience.

I'm just wondering if Biggs Pizza has been this busy, ever. LOL They've had to really crank it out this weekend.

You are so very sweet my dear. I wouldn't do that only because it is risky. You want to make sure you money goes to the food for the searchers. I don't know if there is a way we could ensure this if you left someone (business) a 200 dollar donation.

Sorry if I am overly cautious but you all are so wonderful and trusting I would hate to see anything go wrong.

BUT, let me see if we need more for tomorrow and then perhaps you can call Biggs and place an order if need be OK?

I believe in Karma....

HERE IS WHAT WE HAVE FOR SUNDAY'S SEARCH​

42 PIZZA'S

38 SANDWICHES

80 WINGS.

I THINK WE ARE GOOD FOR SUNDAY.

Let's do this. I will call Brad tomorrow a bit after 1 PM to see how much food is left and if any more is needed.

CN2Souls if we need more then perhaps you could order some. This way we will know for certain the food will get there. I'll PM you. (yes I will ban myself for breaking our terms of service by telling someone I'll PM them but I won't ban myself until this is over. ;) )

Respectfully Bolded By Me....

Will wait for the word...;)....Just "holler" at me...

I have them on speed dial now... LOL

Do we have a Web Sleuthers boots on the ground there?

:gthanks: I can't thank you all enough for everything you have done for the searchers this weekend. Bless each and every one of you!

Thank you everyone for your participation, suggestions, and donations.

They should have plenty of food for today but I will be checking in with Brad in the next couple of hours just in case.

Katydid23 said:

I think the way you handled it---giving us the phone number and price list was perfect.
*SNIP*
I think it is better if you and WS are left out of the loop money wise in this type of thing. JMO

Agreed. Of course if someone can't call the restaurant for whatever reason but wants to donate I can do it for them and they can get the money to me later. I did that in this case and it worked out great. But I think these type of situations will be few and far between.

Katydid23 you are right. It is so much better to let everyone order what they want directly.

Thanks again everyone.

Love,
Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member