Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think they are sealed up with not a single gap, no sheds, no wonky basement doors, and that LE is not inept over there, but . . .

Is this the location of where he disappeared? If yes, does anyone know which building is his grandparent's home? Google Maps shows me a bed and breakfast or an inn (Nathalie de Pascal) and a pub of some sort called Chez les Ringuous a bit further down. I understand authorities are saying this is a tiny dead-end road with just 125 or so residents, but when I see an inn and a pub, I think tourists.

View attachment 434114

Circled in this BFM video screenshot - the long red roof on the corner:

8427EC89-2339-4948-965B-93AF7D2FAEEC.jpeg

No mention of livestock or barns nearby, but what about homes with outdoor doghouses, easy to imagine (or maybe hope) that he cuddled in with some friendly animal. speculation, imo.

There is what looks like a (dairy?) farm opposite the entrance to Haut Vernet. I did wonder early on if that was where the boy was heading - to see cows/tractors.

No mention of livestock or barns nearby, but what about homes with outdoor doghouses, easy to imagine (or maybe hope) that he cuddled in with some friendly animal. speculation, imo.

It would be amazing if that were the case, but I think he would've been found by now if so. People would still be feeding and watering animals, and I believe dogs especially might try to alert in some way, they are very clever. :(

I'd like to think they are sealed up with not a single gap, no sheds, no wonky basement doors, and that LE is not inept over there, but . . .

Is this the location of where he disappeared? If yes, does anyone know which building is his grandparent's home? Google Maps shows me a bed and breakfast or an inn (Nathalie de Pascal) and a pub of some sort called Chez les Ringuous a bit further down. I understand authorities are saying this is a tiny dead-end road with just 125 or so residents, but when I see an inn and a pub, I think tourists.

View attachment 434114

Some of that terrain looks quite dense, more and more so the further you get from the houses.

If we believe that he genuinely did just womble off rather than anything more sinister, I was surprised he wasn't found promptly and LE seem to have been too.

But then I think how long it sometimes takes for a body to be found when someone's gone off voluntarily to end their life, especially in wooded terrain. There are lots of missing cases in the UK that have ended that way and it often takes weeks or even months to find remains. :(

MOO

The two-year-old went missing in the French Alps on Saturday (July 8) while staying with his grandparents, sparking a huge search operation.

The hunt to find him moved onto a new phase on Wednesday (July 12) as investigators began sifting through information collected the previous day.

Tuesday (July 11) saw outsiders banned from the search site as more ‘targeted and selective’ scientific investigations got underway. This included studying telephone data of people in the area at the time of his disappearance and searching nearby homes.

“Medically, we are told that beyond a period of 48 hours, given his young age, his constitution, the current high heat, the prognosis is very, very serious,” said Rémy Avon, the public prosecutor of Digne-les-Bains.

Missing French toddler – latest: Police give update as helicopter teams use mother’s voice recording in search

Missing French toddler – latest: Police give update as helicopter teams use mother’s voice recording in search
Eleanor Noyce and Maroosha Muzaffar
Wed, July 12, 2023 at 1:37 PM GMT+10

“However, the investigation still has “no information”, with the prosecutor urging the public to “give the gendarmes time” as investigators probe the 1,200 calls received on the dedicated case line.
“We have no clue, no information, no element that can help us understand this disappearance. We are at the same point than yesterday at the same time”, Rémy Avon, public prosecutor for Digne-les-Bains, told a press conference on Tuesday evening.”

They have received 1200 phone calls to the case line? That must be so tough to go through efficienctly.

I was wondering what all the 1200 different tips could be about. 1200 sightings of 2½ year old boys? or little boys wearing yellow tops and white shorts? Lots of hints/tips to look here or look there? So many tips in such a short time period.

The Daily Mail has posted a photograph with a mark noting where witnesses supposedly saw the boy walking down the street. This is the first time I've seen that indicated.

1689168015426.png

The Daily Mail has posted a photograph with a mark noting where witnesses supposedly saw the boy walking down the street. This is the first time I've seen that indicated.

View attachment 434207

I wouldn't take this as gospel - DM infographics are notoriously inaccurate (cf Esther Dingley disappearance). That said, the top arrow does tally with BFM's identification of the grandparents' house.

This was their first day of vacation. Émile's mother and several of her siblings were also at the home. The first call to the gendarmerie was made around 6 p.m.:

C'est le premier jour des vacances d'été pour le bambin. Dans la maison, il y a aussi sa mère, aînée d'une fratrie de dix enfants, et plusieurs des frères et sœurs de celle-ci, a-t-on appris de source proche de l'enquête.

<moo>

This was their first day of vacation. Émile's mother and several of her siblings were also at the home. The first call to the gendarmerie was made around 6 p.m.:

C'est le premier jour des vacances d'été pour le bambin. Dans la maison, il y a aussi sa mère, aînée d'une fratrie de dix enfants, et plusieurs des frères et sœurs de celle-ci, a-t-on appris de source proche de l'enquête.

<moo>
Yet other reports claim his parents were not there. Hmm.

I think it's common after a shocking event for contradictory versions of what took place to emerge until things settle down. If it was just the grandparents there, what a terrible burden of guilt. Parents tend to be hypervigilant towards toddlers but this could happen to anyone.

Émile wasn't alone with his grandparents. There was a family reunion taking place that weekend, and about 10 relatives were there at the grandparents' home.

<moo>

Émile n'était pas seul chez ses grands-parents le week-end de sa disparition. Une réunion de famille avait lieu, avec plusieurs oncles et tantes de l'enfant, des personnes de tout âge dont certaines mineures.

Une source proche de l'enquête confirme à BFM DICI qu'une dizaine de personnes en tout passait le week-end dans la maison familiale.

Émile wasn't alone with his grandparents. There was a family reunion taking place that weekend, and about 10 relatives were there at the grandparents' home.

<moo>

Émile n'était pas seul chez ses grands-parents le week-end de sa disparition. Une réunion de famille avait lieu, avec plusieurs oncles et tantes de l'enfant, des personnes de tout âge dont certaines mineures.

Une source proche de l'enquête confirme à BFM DICI qu'une dizaine de personnes en tout passait le week-end dans la maison familiale.

I thought I read upthread that he was home with two teenagers? Am I mistaken?
ETA: I found it upthread. Two other teens age 14 & 16.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members