Friday: Severe Weather predicted - Midwest - Southeast

Gee, now the National Weather Service just issued a Tornado Warning for our area until 10 pm.

We are in the SouthWest Georgia area and it is expected to get the worse during the night and all day tomorrow.

Please be safe everyone.

IMO

The National Weather Service channel just said that there are 18 confirmed dead from the tornadoes today.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/World/20120302/tornadoes-rip-through-indiana-120302/

Watching the weather channel right now. Please be careful if you are in GA. Looks like northern GA is going to be hit hard :(

I am so worried about our daughter, grandsons, and son-in-law. They live in that area and they just reported that a tornado has been spotted in Rome and Alpharetta and they are in between those two cities.

Praying everyone will be safe.

Thanks Kat......we are ok but I am terrified of bad weather and the wind. The wind is picking up now and the rain is pretty heavy. It has been so hot here all week. It was 80 today.

IMO

My internet has been down. Glad everyone is ok. What a day...we are still under a watch. There was a lot of damage this morning all around me. My nephew has damage to his home but he is lucky, two houses next to him has been destroyed.

Everyone stay safe.

18 deaths tornado deaths today, confirmed. God bless all of them.

Yes, it looks bad for the Atlanta metro area for all of tonight. I haven't heard much about tomorrow yet, so I don't know.

No children have been killed in Henryville (the vid of the bus in the house; bus was empty, thank God.

Best-
Herding Cats

maybe i'm just a wuss, but these weather events lately scare the heck out of me and that's in spite of the fact that i'm not in the path of any current storms!

my thoughts and prayers to all of you affected. stay safe.

I gotta ask.....

If March comes in like a lion, it goes out like a lamb.

If March 1st is like a lamb, but March 2nd is like a lion, what does that mean?

I gotta ask.....

If March comes in like a lion, it goes out like a lamb.

If March 1st is like a lamb, but March 2nd is like a lion, what does that mean?

I think it means we are having strange weather and very unpredictable.

Usually tornadoes in our area are in April and May. So I dont think this is the last of bad weather.

IMO

18 deaths tornado deaths today, confirmed. God bless all of them.

Yes, it looks bad for the Atlanta metro area for all of tonight. I haven't heard much about tomorrow yet, so I don't know.

No children have been killed in Henryville (the vid of the bus in the house; bus was empty, thank God.

Best-
Herding Cats

OMG ..I wont sleep a wink for worrying about my family in North Georgia.

IMO

Oh no! The National Weather channel just reported that the death toll has risen to 27 confirmed dead.

God be with these families.

IMO

The winds have arrived in mid MI. The trees are dancing around, the screen door keeps blowing open, and my trashcans have gone bouncing merrily down the driveway several times now.

Returning a little bit. Watching Doppler here and noticed a second line of storms south and west from Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Western NC and West Virginia. Moving North East between 40-50 knots. The arrows on the map point the direction of the storm cells.

This map will update automatically...be safe out there. Other watches (red boxes) are north of the map you see.

csg.gif

Has anybody heard anything on damage in Springhill Tn ? Have a friend worried sick has not heard from daughter yet

Has anybody heard anything on damage in Springhill Tn ? Have a friend worried sick has not heard from daughter yet

You might want to tell your friend that last spring when the tornadoes hit Tennessee, cell phones weren't working for various reasons - towers damaged, frequencies taken over by first responders, and the main reason - no electricity. Last year some of my neighbor's phones wouldn't work, while our ATT phones did. But because we had no car chargers or electricity for a week, my husband had to alternate phones with me and charge each one up at work.

Middle Tennessee got hammered all day today, and even tonight, so his daughter is probably just having a communication problem. I hope she is okay!

It's possible cell towers maybe down in her area, I don't know this but I do know texting is more reliable than trying to call during bad weather.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back