GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I just want to cry. I am a mother. I can't imagine anyone doing this to my child--these actions and these words. They are vile monsters.

I can count on one hand in all the years I've been on WS (and before that) the number of times what I heard in a court of law reduced me to tears. This is one of those times.

I can't imagine the absolute terror Ahmaud Arbery must have felt that day, being hunted down like an animal by screaming raging armed men. Equally unfathomable is that those hunters felt satisfaction after killing AA, or that a single one of my fellow Americans could possibly believe that the murder of Ahmaud Arbery was anything other than exactly what it has looked like from the beginning.

Also in the courtroom will be Arbery's mother, Wanda Cooper, family attorney S. Lee Merritt said. Gregory and Travis McMichael hearings could provide peek into defense in Ahmaud Arbery killing - CNN

thinking of Ms. Cooper sitting in the courtroom hearing those words spoken about her son as he lay there dead, murdered. I can't imagine what that feels like. Praying for her comfort.

I would just add that they committed another atrocity by telling her that he was shot in a burglary attempt. And, smeared his name in reports without detailing any of this. The prior DAs should be charged with whatever crime is possible. ...And, be brought up to the Bar Association to determine censure or loss of license.

ETA: I am now positive that when the police wanted to charge that there was enough!!!!

GBI requested and obtained TM's coast guard record. During TM's interview stated as a boarding officer he knew from 20 to 30 yards away that AA was not going to stop his "advance" on TM.

Q: Have you seen any other evidence that he frequently uses the "N" word?

A: Yes, many. on social media, such as instagram post re blowing that [N word]'s head off. posts about loving his job on the boat because there weren't any [N word}s around to deal with.

Yep here comes all the social media showing how much TM "loved" people of color. Nice try Lindsay (sis) your spin is losing it's luster dear.

OMG! Who would admit to that unless they are confident of the outcome?

Throwback to Jim Crow, and before. Patrols. Sure that it will all work out in their favor, because that's the system. I'm glad they were wrong, though we don't have a verdict yet, so maybe not 100% wrong. Sickening.

I appreciate the GBI.

GBI not aware of L English having told ANYONE in the Satila Shores neighborhood that he had had fishing gear or other items from the under construction property. He did report to several people that he had had some fishing gear stolen from a boat he owned but was unsure if that theft occurred from the Satila shores property or another property NOT anywhere near the Satila shores area where the boat was being stored at one point.

I can count on one hand in all the years I've been on WS (and before that) the number of times what I heard in a court of law reduced me to tears. This is one of those times.

I can't imagine the absolute terror Ahmaud Arbery must have felt that day, being hunted down like an animal by screaming raging armed men. Equally unfathomable is that those hunters felt satisfaction after killing AA, or that a single one of my fellow Americans could possibly believe that the murder of Ahmaud Arbery was anything other than exactly what it has looked like from the beginning.

We don't want to believe it, and obviously evidence is important before jumping to conclusions. But most importantly - we don't want to believe. Partly out of pride in all that our country has accomplished, but for some of us, we don't really see other people as being the same as us. We assume they must have done something to deserve it, or provoke it, when in fact we would never accept that treatment for our own kids, no matter what.

We have to see ourselves in each other, the good and the bad. We just have to, if this gorgeous nation is going to continue to thrive. We can't go back to hatred and indifference. That's not the source of our greatness. JMO.

I feel sick. This new information is vile, deeply upsetting, and sadly predictable. This gang were exactly who many, including some of the original investigators, thought they were. I wonder if we'll see some mea culpas, reshufflings and perhaps even resignations or firings in the wake of this hearing and subsequent trial from Barnhill et al. (Note: I don't actually expect to see any of this, unfortunately).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member