GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to make sure there wasn't an actual confession somewhere that I missed...

Not a confession but... I mean gah!

He knew it was there and he tried to kill TWO people a mother and a baby?
(allegedly)
Sounds like it might have been on his mind
moo

Apparently the suspected shooter was a big fan of Tupac and Biggie. He had some sort of obsession with violent shooting deaths.

So he chooses a 1 year old baby to fulfill his fantasy? And shoots the baby IN THE FACE? Wow. Reminds me of one of the Zebra killers.

Moneyville appears to refer to these young people's gang "family" and also refers to the rap industry and the groups/individuals these kids follow musically. These artists are pretty hardcore and I have frankly never heard of them.

Seeing some references to the Bloods and Crips, these folks apparently affiliate themselves with the Bloods, which I guess is to be expected due to Bloods being the more predominate gang affiliation down south.

I suspect half of the "family" members he lists on FB are his gang family and not true relations. When viewing their pages nearly all of them feature prominent discussions about life, guns, money, run they game, even the females either flashing signs or have their boyfriends pics posted who are flashin signs. If these people are his actual blood relations it is no wonder he is a . SMDH

All of the above is MOO

That facebook won't remain there very long.

I got a few screenshots...

Somebody upthread posted facebook link of the older one arrested.

One of the interests shown was
http://changingmylife.info/living-with-intent/ (most recent entry in 2011)
When I tried linking, got an error message.
Also tried to search it thru wiki & urban dictionary. No luck.

Does anyone know what the website is/was all about?

Thx in adv.

Al66pine,
Behold the power of the Wayback machine! It's a great website for looking up dead links. Have a look at the site you posted.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110909032849/http://changingmylife.info/living-with-intent/

Wow.

Could more horrible accusations be thrown at the mother?!?

Do we really have a detailed and accurate assessment of how a mother should react after watching her second child lost to violence be gunned down in front of her? Fortunately, not a whole lot of people are ever in that situation. We don't know what her psychological state was BEFORE this happened. We know she had a pretty substantial injury to her spine. We don't know what other damage was suffered during the car accidents that led to her spinal injuries. Concussion? PTSD? Damage to the frontal lobe? There are any number of things that could explain her detachment and confusion.

I have to agree. I read this thread and wonder, am I reading WS? How is a mother supposed to act when she has just watched her 13 month old child get shot in the face at close range? That's not a question I want answered. Just what came to mind after reading the non victim friendly comments about mom.

I am stunned that people are questioning the mothers reaction. Let's hope no one here ever has to endure what this mother is enduring right now.

I have to agree. I read this thread and wonder, am I reading WS? How is a mother supposed to act when she has just watched her 13 month old child get shot in the face at close range? That's not a question I want answered. Just what came to mind after reading the non victim friendly comments about mom.

I am stunned that people are questioning the mothers reaction. Let's hope no one here ever has to endure what this mother is enduring right now.

You are absolutely right, I'm still a little burned from baby Gabe Susan smith etc my bad, but those were some. familiar interviews got that strange feeling, people react differently and I so do not want to believe a stranger walked up and shot a baby, I think we all freaked out somewhat but its inexcusable..... I know it happens all the time but even LE normally. Looks at the parents first and I'll be watch g the trial closely.

This mother is currently in shock and will appear to act just as normal as anyone else. It's called disassociation and she will live with this condition for quite a few months. I know, I have been there.

Sorry not to include links, just going on memory, but...

On early video Dad said, why could they not just "take the pocketbook" and go? (My paraphrasing)

On video Mom said, (after perp demanded money and she said she had none,then perp said I'm going to shoot, again my paraphrasing), he tried to "grab my purse."

I'd say to myself, let the purse & contents go, money or no money, with or without credit or debit cards, checkbook, wedding ring, jewelry, smart phone, inhaler, sentimental knickknack, or whatever in there.
(Or I think I would, esp. w.multiple perps. I've practiced it in my head.)

Let.them.take.it.

When faced w. a gun, even one she said she thought was a toy gun,why not let them take the purse?

If there was no money, perps would not learn that until they were a block away and she had had a chance to escape and/or seek help.

There was speculation upthread about a poss. drug transaction.
Hmmm.

Some other stmts were puzzling too, but this purse thing jumped out at me.

In any case, sad sad sad that precious baby lost his life.

This is horrible. I can not believe the things I am reading. This poor woman just saw her baby shot in the face and murdered. And the two monsters who did it took the life of an innocent baby.

My heart and my prayers go out to this poor baby, and his grieving mother and father.

Sorry not to include links, just going on memory, but...

On early video Dad said, why could they not just "take the pocketbook" and go? (My paraphrasing)

On video Mom said, (after perp demanded money and she said she had none,then perp said I'm going to shoot, again my paraphrasing), he tried to "grab my purse."

I'd say to myself, let the purse & contents go, money or no money, with or without credit or debit cards, checkbook, wedding ring, jewelry, smart phone, inhaler, sentimental knickknack, or whatever in there.
(Or I think I would, esp. w.multiple perps. I've practiced it in my head.)

Let.them.take.it.

When faced w. a gun, even one she said she thought was a toy gun,why not let them take the purse?

If there was no money, perps would not learn that until they were a block away and she had had a chance to escape and/or seek help.

There was speculation upthread about a poss. drug transaction.
Hmmm.

Some other stmts were puzzling too, but this purse thing jumped out at me.

In any case, sad sad sad that precious baby lost his life.

It is very sad indeed. Maybe she didn't even have time to think. Your mind does crazy things especially when you have a gun pointed at you or your child. I'm glad these guys are off the street...sad it had to be this way.

I don't think it would have mattered if she gave up the purse. I think they wanted to kill the baby. I think she was targeted. I think they wanted to cause this woman as much pain as possible. It sounds like she may have been involved in trying to shut down some criminal activity in her neighborhood. I think Antonio paid for the anger the neighborhood thugs had for his mother.

And Isabelle, I totally agree that she's dissociating. And I'm TERRIBLY sorry that you know that from experience.

I will make no apologies for any of my posts as all I had to say was that the story/crime did not make sense. That remains true. This crime makes zero sense. I personally saw nothing wrong with mom and dad's affect. I cannot even imagine how I would be able to form a sentence let alone participate in an interview after something like that.

But then, when dealing with little punks who think life equals manhood you get senseless violence. Although shooting a baby in the face is even more hardcore than I imagine your average would tolerate or be part of.

Just so sad and senseless.

I still cannot get past the fact this person shot this baby straight in the face. Over nothing.

Even if the speculation upthread that this was somehow motivated by dislike or hatred of the mom because of her being vocal about the crackhead next door she had evicted.

I mean sheesh. Even IF that was somehow a factor, its still almost incomprehensible what this guy did.

WTH??

If there are any locals interested..there is a prayer vigil being held tonight for baby Antonio at the corner of London and Ellis in old town Brunswick according to News4Jax.

De-MarquiseKareem-jpg.jpg
http://www.news4jax.com/news/Police-arrest-2-teens-in-Brunswick-toddler-slaying/-/475880/19430594/-/format/rss_2.0/-/9ieo5/-/index.html

"I am devastated, I am sad because they got the wrong person," said Elkins' aunt Katrina Freeman. "I hate what happened to that baby because no baby deserves to go through that. But at the same time, they are taking someone to jail that is innocent."

Freeman said Elkins was at her home at the time of the shooting.
"I am 100 percent positive that De'Marquise Elkins was not at that crime scene. He was at my residence."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...-to-give-update-in-baby-killing-investigation

Little man still tries to look all hard in his mugshot but I can see the fear. Chit just got real.

I just hope the 14 year old is not one of this guy's FB friends identified as a cousin. The one I was looking at does not seem all into the lifestyle and may not be the sharpest tool in the drawer so I am hoping like heck that kid is not involved. The kid I am eyeing is only interested in typical things like music, girls, sneakers and the like.

I just have a really bad feeling, that the younger perp may not have expected what went down or that things would go where they did and he was basically along for a ride that went quickly out of control.

"I am devastated, I am sad because they got the wrong person," said Elkins' aunt Katrina Freeman. "I hate what happened to that baby because no baby deserves to go through that. But at the same time, they are taking someone to jail that is innocent."

Freeman said Elkins was at her home at the time of the shooting.
"I am 100 percent positive that De'Marquise Elkins was not at that crime scene. He was at my residence."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...-to-give-update-in-baby-killing-investigation
WOW just wow

That goes past denial. LE just doesn't charge someone with first degree murder on a whim. They can't. I'm quite sure prosecutors were contacted, along with a judge (in order to get the search warrants) - once they have enough evidence, they charge.

He was sitting at a relative's house just chillin and watchin TV - YEA RIGHT!!!!!!

Wonder who has custody of the 14 yr old since it was reported earlier that both his parents are incarcerated. Grandparents maybe - maybe foster parents.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member