GA GA - Atlanta, LIVING BlkMale 950UMGA, 68-69, aka Albert 'Bubba' Smith, Mar'05

I just talked w/admin where Alfred/Bubba is. I am at work and couldn't really 'get down' w/her. We did talk for about 10 minutes. She has worked a little bit w/GBI and w/SS office and thinks she may have found his name but is not positive and is hitting road blocks. He has had finger prints only done and we will arrange for his DNA to be collected and entered in CODIS..I will get LE contact today.

I will not be able to write her until later today, crazy busy at work...

This will give you all a chance to chime in on questions you want anwered about Alfred/Bubba..

I have asked her to pull together a good list of 'clues' he has given her to his identity so far.

I believe he can be placed in Atlanta for some time, 2 yrs as a drifter....I will get more info on this and witnesses statements, etc.

I will call GBI Missing Clearing House, I have a great contact there, let them know we are working on this and get what I can from them.

What else??

Thank you for calling, I am so uneasy about calling, just because I hate to get someones hopes up! But this one has been bugging me for awhile, and I agree the height etc is way off, but there was way to much that was dead on, that I couldn't let it go without checking and seeing what everyone else thought. Thank you all for helping!

got security gaurd, says there are a "few UID's there"...interesting.
I wonder how many of those are deliberate UID's.....as in the family drops them off to be done with them, get them out of their lives and don't give names in case of a backlash.

I wonder how many of those are deliberate UID's.....as in the family drops them off to be done with them, get them out of their lives and don't give names in case of a backlash.

Found out he is the only one. :confused: Haven't been able to email them yet.....will try to tonight. Was hoping you all would come up with some questions :D

Few things I would like to know: Does UID have the same scar mentioned as Randolph? And could "Emma" the name he mentioned, be Ellen? Will have to think of some others. Can't wait to find out.

Found out he is the only one. :confused: Haven't been able to email them yet.....will try to tonight. Was hoping you all would come up with some questions :D
Oh good! I'm very cynical, but I truely hope this guy his loved and has a family missing him.

No, I figured everyone was busy w/holiday weekend...now getting things back on track today. If I don't have a response to her email by tomorrow AM, I will ring her again.

Truly..

Thats him.. thank you, thank you.. I have been searching forever.
Synthia, I thank you for your dilligent searching! I remember seeing this man, and thinking: he has a loving family who is searching for him. I am so excited about this reunion! I know it is him. That tiny little scar on his face is exactly the same. Oh, his children and grandchildren are going to be so happy! :blowkiss:

Thanks Truly! I hope Christine has better luck contacting someone, I tried to contact the nursing home thru emails awhile back and never got a reply! so I was stumped on what to do next. Just so many things seem to be dead on, except the height, hoping it was a typo. Cant' wait to hear the outcome!

I called the Rehab yesterday afternoon and spoke w/contact there. As thought she just got my email because of holidays. She gave our info and email to HR and said they have to 'check us out'. I tried to call GBI MCH, but forgot my contact there is out on Wednesdays. I will see if I can get info from her and also get her to shoot an email to Rehab explaining LTWH is registered w/GBI. I reminded her to send me LE info so we can get DNA process started....there is quite a backlog. I am wtg for what info she already has so we can see if we can figure out who he is :D

Just popping in to let you all know I haven't forgotten about this. I emailed GBI and am waiting response, trying to get them to call the rehab and let them know it's OK to share info w/us and let us help.

Thanks Christine.. This is the first place I check when I come into work (no computer at home) I had written an email long ago to someone about this and never got an answer, hopefully it doesn't happen again. I appreciate all your doing!

fromKim Morris <KMORRIS@gmh.edu>
tochristine@lightingthewayhome.org
dateThu, Jul 17, 2008 at 11:59 AM
subjectRe: Alfred/Bubba Smith
mailed-bybounce.secureserver.net
hide details 11:59 AM (3 hours ago) Reply

I met with Mr. Dozier, Fulton County Sheriff Department regarding Albert "Bubba" Smith. Mr. Dozier investigates un-identified persons. I gave him a copy of your e-mail and he may contact you regarding your organization.

Kim S. Morris, LNHA, MSA
Director Fiscal Programs
Grady Health System
Crestview Health & Rehabilitation Center

OK..the latest.

Somehow a retired ATL detective got a hold of this (my email to rehab) and called me over the weekend. He decided to see if he could identify him. Didn't take him long!

I just got a VM he has been indentified....next step, locating family any.

Message was brief, I will give Mr. John (my new best friend) a call and get the whole story.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Now, until I have ALL the facts, I will not consider this ready to be moved to located. I really want all the facts first.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back