GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 1029UMGA, 50-70, w/ photo of young girl, Dec'80

<modsnip: broken link>
1029UMGA

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this case? This case haunts me because of the picture and the Dear Dad letter. It just seems this case could be so easy to solve!

Attachments

• pam.jpg
    pam.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 283
Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure if this is relevant...In 1989, in Florida, we bought a house from a man named Dwight and his ex wife named Pam. I don't feel comfortable giving their last names publicly, but would be happy to give it to anyone via PM. Dwight and Pam would be in their fifties today. I'm not sure, but i thought they were originally from north Florida or south Georgia???

...I am very new at this, so be gentle!

I am not sure if this is relevant...In 1989, in Florida, we bought a house from a man named Dwight and his ex wife named Pam. I don't feel comfortable giving their last names publicly, but would be happy to give it to anyone via PM. Dwight and Pam would be in their fifties today. I'm not sure, but i thought they were originally from north Florida or south Georgia???

...I am very new at this, so be gentle!

Hiya tracy87 and welcome! I think this is an excellent possible lead. Is your relationship with these folks such that you would be comfortable contacting them now?

I have looked into this case before and have a few thoughts. First, I didn't initially see the picture of the little girl. Her clothes look like something I would have worn when I was little. That would put the year in the late 60's or early 70's. This leads me to believe it may be the gentleman's daughter.

I spent a good deal of time looking for the HR Bow Dyeing and Finishing company. No success - but I did learn a LOT about the dyeing and finishing industry. Primarily - they make ribbons!

There are probably hundreds of older men on the missing boards who fit this UID's description. I think we need to find Pam and Dwight!

I wonder if they ever tried to date the photo based on the type of film. I agree with Fairy1, her clothes look like they could easily be from the early 70's. (I wasn't born until 1984, but hey, I've seen lots of old pictures!) so perhaps the girl (now a woman) would be older than they estimate. Not sure if that really makes a difference in finding this poor man's identity, but it's just a thought.

The fact that he had this picture and a "Dear Dad" letter with him makes me sad. Makes me want to go give my Dad a hug.

That's a good catch on the clothing. I had always gone under the assumption that the picture came with the letter. It makes sense if the girl is his daughter. I'm thirty and I'm pretty sure the picture in my dad's wallet is from when I was fourth grade.

Hmm... there is a lot that is unknown that we ought to know:

1. How long had the remains been there? If paper was still intact but the remains skeletonized it suggests no more than (at a guess) 4 years and probably much less. If the bones were together then it suggests that decomposition was natural and not a result of animals picking them clean. So at a guess let's take a mid point of death and call it 1978.

2. The photograph seems to be quite a strong color. I don't know but my family photographs seem to get a lot better in the mid 70s onwards. I don't know what camera availability or print techonology were like, but I would suggest that the picture is probably no earlier than 1972 but possibly a little later.

3. The little girl seems to me to be older than 4 (perhaps as old as 7). Look how strongly developed her jaw is.

4. The John Doe has a large age range. Take the girl at her oldest and the Doe at his youngest and you have a DoB of 1965 and 1930 respectively - young enough for him to be the father and very young indeed to be the grandfather, although not impossible.

A midpoint range would be DoBs of 1972 and (allowing for 2 years' decomposition) 1918. This would be a gap of 54 years (which is 2 years less than the gap between my father and my younger sister) but much more likely to be a grandfather.

The greatest gap would be 66 years as anything more than that and you have to abandon the age/time estimates.

That and the fact that the letter found on him would appear to be from a married couple (likely Doe's daughter and her husband) and I think there has to be a 90%+ chance that the photo is of Doe's granddaughter (unless it's like Phoebe from Friends who thought she was related to the people in the exampel photos that come with the frames...)

I have this case on my 'wall' here.....I need to find my notes, I have worked on this, but it's been awhile :(

May have to start fresh, I have files EVERYWHERE!:bang:

If you all can pull a list of questions together, I can see if I can get them answered. I talk w/GBI about a few cases and would be more than happy to revisit this one to see what we can find out now.

1. Do they have any clue what the picture that HR Bow was written on the back of was of? Person, place, thing?
2. What else did he have with him?
3. A better location of where the body was found. Saying Northside and 75 doesn't really narrow it down.
4. Were the pictures and letters together? I had thought that the picture of the girl was with the Pam Dwight letter, but it's really not clear.
5. Did anyone attempt to do a sketch of the man?
6. How was the body found? Was it during the digging for new construction, or what?

Okay, I'm done now. This case just fascinates me because it seems like it should be solvable.

I wish they had scanned the letter so we could see the name. It would make more sense for it to be "Pam & Dwight" and not Pam T. Dwight. It was a personal letter, so the daughter would have not had a reason to write out her full name.

Name: Nathan Alexander Beglau
Mother: Pamela Ann Zuber
Father: Dwight Kenneth Beglau
Birth: date - Hennepin, Minnesota
Name: Alexander Stephen Determan
Mother: Pamela Ann Paladie
Father: Dwight Dana Determan
Name: Christine Leva Estby
Mother: Pamela Ann Wagoner
Father: Dwight Blaine Estby
Name: Mathew Frank Fogelson
Mother: Pamela Dianne Wixon
Father: Steven Dwight Fogelson
Birth: date - Martin, Minnesota
Name: Ariel Brea-Anna Hansen
Mother: Pamela L. Lenort
Father: Dwight Eugene Hansen
Name: Azure Marie Hansen
Mother: Pamela Kay Lenort
Name: Dylan James Skye Hansen
Mother: Pamela Lenort
Birth: date - Olmsted, Minnesota
Name: Daniel Jacob Haugland
Mother: Pamela Jane Clark
Father: Dwight Miles Haugland
Birth: date - Itasca, Minnesota
Name: Abby Suzanne Kasperbauer
Mother: Pamela Louise Young
Father: Dwight Peter Kasperbauer
Birth: date - Anoka, Minnesota
Name: Kimberly Noelle Kasperbauer
Birth: date - Ramsey, Minnesota
Name: Tyson Andrew Kasperbauer
Name: Kristin Rebecca Lundeen
Mother: Pamela Kay Johnson
Father: Dwight Edward Lundeen
Birth: date - Stearns, Minnesota
Name: Matthew David Lundeen
Birth: date - Wright, Minnesota
Name: Michael Todd Lundeen
Birth: date - Wright, Minnesota
Name: Amy Marie McFerran
Mother: Pamela Kay Thompson
Father: Dwight William McFerran
Name: Kelly Diane McFerran
Mother: Pamela Kay Thompson
Father: Dwight William McFerran
Name: Amanda Christine Nelson
Mother: Pamela Kaye Paulsen
Father: Dwight Paul Nelson
Name: Mark Alan Nelson
Name: Mary Elizabeth Nelson
Name: Jonathan Paul Panum
Mother: Pamela Anne Mullen
Father: Paul Dwight Panum
Name: Abigayle Rose Thorn
Mother: Pamela Sue Dumler
Father: Peter Dwight Thorn
Birth: date - Dakota, Minnesota
Name: Heidi Jo Voit
Mother: Pamela K. O'Meara
Father: Dwight D. Voit
Birth: date - Scott, Minnesota
Name: Jason Paul Voit
Mother: Pamela K. O'Meara
Father: Dwight D. Voit
Birth: date - Scott, Minnesota
Name: Cody John Wiechman
Mother: Pamela Jo Habben
Father: Dwight Alvin Wiechman
Birth: date - McLeod, Minnesota
Name: Jessica Jo Wiechman
Name: Kortney Ann Wiechman
Name: Heeth Aarron Young
Mother: Pamela Rae Coldwell
Father: Dwight Allen Young
Birth: date - Saint Louis, Minnesota
Name: Zachary Kevin Zippel
Mother: Pamela Ann McKinney
Father: Steven Dwight Zippel
Birth: date - Hennepin, Minnesota​

Name: Keven Che Adams
Mother: Pamela Joy Partin
Father: Winstead Dwight Adams JR.
Birth: date - Bexar
Name: Jacob Dwight Baker
Mother: Pamela Ann Sanders
Father: Dwight Daniel Baker
Birth: date - Dalla

Name: Jason Daniel Baker
Mother: Pamela Ann Sanders
Father: Dwight Daniel Baker
Birth: date - Dallas
Name: Tamatha Renee Barrett
Mother: Pamela Joan Hyett
Father: Charles Dwight Barrett

Name: Dwight Wayne II Bazile,
Mother: Pamela Annette Moore
Father: Dwight Wayne Bazile
Birth: date - Harris
Name: Timothy Leroy Bean
Mother: Pamela Lee Brady
Father: Dwight Leroy Bean
Birth: date - Jones
Name: Brett Douglas Boyles
Mother: Pamela Candyce Haynes
Father: Dwight Edward Boyles
Birth: date - El Paso

Name: Cody Wayne Brumley
Mother: Pamela Sue Peters
Father: Roger Dwight Brumley
Birth: date - Tarrant

Name: Dedric Tremel Burroughs
Mother: Pamela Ann Bernard
Father: Orrin Dwight Burroughs
Name: Denean Latrise Burroughs
Mother: Pamela Ann Bernard
Father: Orrin Dwight Burroughs
Name: Philip Joseph Byers
Mother: Pamela Jo Eddy
Father: William Dwight Byers
Birth: date - Collin
Name: Rachel Pamel Byers
Name: Thomas Robert Byers
Name: Joseph Dwight JR. Chatman
Mother: Pamela Joyce White
Father: Joseph Dwight Chatman
Name: Breanna Ja'von Coleman
Mother: Pamela Denise Pitre
Father: Dwight Wayne Coleman
Birth: date - Travis

Name: Crystal Lynn Conley
Mother: Pamela Jean Hall
Father: Jacob Dwight Conley

Name: Tabetha Ann Conley
Mother: Pamela Jean Hall
Father: Jacob Dwight Conley

Name: Dwight D'Vonne Cooksey
Mother: Pamela Denise Freeman
Father: Derek Dwight Cooksey
Name: Garland Dwight JR. Copeland
Mother: Pamela Norene Jones
Father: Garland Dwight S Copeland
Birth: date - Tarrant
Name: Austen Paul Cornell
Mother: Pamela Ann Thomas
Father: Dwight Paul Cornell
Name: Chastity Dawn Davis
Mother: Pamela Sue Mann
Father: Michael Dwight Davis
Birth: date - Taylor
Name: Gabriel Nolan Davis
Mother: Pamela Lynette Clophus
Father: Dwight Kevin Davis
Birth: date - Johnson​

Name: Amy Lynn DuffyMother: Pamela Ann BrooksFather: David Dwight DuffyBirth: date - city, Vermont
Name: Erin Nicole DuffyMother: Pamela Ann DuffyFather: David Dwight DuffyBirth: date - city, Vermont

1981-

Name: Joanna Eliz Watts Mother: Pamela J Banfield Father: Dwight Stevenson Watts Jr. Birth: date - Caldwell, North Carolina
Name: Emily Dawn Watts Mother: Pamela Jean Benfield Father: Dwight Stevenson Watts Birth: dd mm - Caldwell, North Carolina
Name: David Richard Tomblin Mother: Pamela Jane Conner Father: Dwight Richard Tomblin Birth: year - Rutherford, North Carolina
Name: Dwight Eugene Oneal II, Mother: Pamela Jeannie McGinniss Father: Dwight Eugene Oneal Birth: date - Chowan, North Carolina
Name: Crystal Dawn Oneal Mother: Pamela Jeanne McGinniss Father: Dwight Eugene Oneal Birth: date - Chowan, North Carolina
Name: Angel Lynn Oneal Mother: Pamela Jeanne McGinness Father: Dwight Eugene Oneal Birth: date - Chowan, North Carolina
me: Kristy Diane Moody Mother: Pamela K Carpenter Father: Dwight L Moody Jr. Birth: date - Lincoln, North Carolina
Name: Christopher Aaron Moody Mother: Pamela K Carpenter Father: Dwight L Moody Jr. Birth: date - Lincoln, North Carolina
Name: Theresa Colleen Mitchell Mother: Pamela Sue Mensay Father: Dwight Wayne Mitchell Birth: date - Onslow, North Carolina
Name: Daniel Carey Mitchell Mother: Pamela Sue Mensay Father: Dwight Wayne Mitchell Birth: date - Onslow, North Carolina
Name: Dathan La Mar Ellis Mother: Pamela Denise Davis Father: Edwin Dwight Ellis Birth: date - Pitt, North Carolina
Name: Justin Blake Dickerson Mother: Pamela Jean Jarvis Father: Garrett Dwight Dickerson Birth: date - Chowan, North Carolina
Name: Chelesa Rene Dickerson Mother: Pamela Jean Jarvis Father: Garrett Dwight Dickerson Birth: date - Chowan, North Carolina
Name: Dwight Gerry Davis Jr. Mother: Pamela Jean Gibson Father: Dwight Gerry Davis Sr. Birth: date - Gaston, North Carolina
Name: Linda Michelle Davis Mother: Pamela Jean Gibson Father: Dwight Gerry Davis Birth: date - Gaston, North Carolina
Name: Felicia Marie Campbell Mother: Pamela Edith Estelow Father: Larry Dwight Campbell Birth: date - Moore, North Carolina
Name: Patricia Ina Burgess Mother: Pamela Renae Childs Father: Dwight Warren Burgess Birth: date - Moore, North Carolina
Name: Shelby McKenna Blanchard Mother: Pamela Suzanne Davis Father: Paul Dwight Blanchard Birth: date - New Hanover, North Carolina

Name: Jessica Michelle Battle Mother: Pamela Horton Father: William Dwight Edwin Battle Birth: date - Nash, North Carolina
Name: James Daniel Anderson Mother: Pamela Gail Stiles Father: Dwight Martin Anderson Birth: date - Davie, North Carolina
Name: Benjamin Martin Anderson Mother: Pamela Gail Stiles Father: Dwight Martin Anderson Birth: date - Davie, North Carolina

I emailed a contact we have at Fulton County ME to see what info we can get.

I also talked with GBI to see if they could give me more info and they recalled this case and thought maybe a age prog of girl and poss sketch of guy done...the forensic artist happened to be in and is combing files looking, now. She used to be employed at Fulton Cty... she may have done one!

I will update as I am.

Christine is off line tonight and asked that I post the extent of the incredible work that has been done by this office...it will knock your socks off how multi faceted a real ME is in this world...

• The age of the (or any) UID is never guestimated in Fulton County-the forensic anthro on staff has a bazillion years experience and he is extremely careful regarding age ranges.
  • The photo posted online has been retouched professionally to more sharply delineate colors and features; it did not arrive that way here.
  • Exposure to body decomposition fluid and weathering have so badly decomposed all the of the items with the body that there is no way to accurately date or identify the photos or their origin.
  • "Northside Drive and I 75" is exactly where the body was found – likely a homeless man - on the side of the freeway inside a brush "cubbyhole".
  • Fulton County has followed up on every scrap associated with these remains.
  • The FBI has participated extensively in this case; from analyzing the papers found with the UID to following up on the Pam/Dwight connection.
  • Any additional Pam/Dwight matches can be sent directly to Tami Schroder at Fulton County for analyzing.
FWIW, I have worked with Tami in the past and she is incredible. Fulton County has full fledged, state of the art everything. They have the luxury of not needing to access the GBI labs because they have all that stuff and more. Some of the smaller counties have coroners vs ME's which makes it necessary to call in the GBI on their cases that move beyond what a typical coroner's office can supply.

PM me if this didn't knock off most of your list-if this gentleman was a homeless man who died in his cubby, then I wonder if he was ever reported missing?

Peace.

I wonder if there is a way to get the photo of the girl into national news. Was this case ever reported in newspapers?

I was doing some research on bow dyeing and finishing, and BOW is a type of dyeing process called Bleach Optical White.

http://www.finaltouchcorp.com/laundry.htm

Bow Dye is also a type of dyeing that originated in Bow, England and is a scarlet color.
http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/word/bow-dye

Does anyone know what the photograph was that had the inscription of HR Bow dyeing and finishing? It sounds like it was a photograph other than the little girl. Could he have been from England?

I am encouraged that so many people find this case intriguing; I thought you might appreciate more information-
The decedent in this case was found December 19, 1980 "&#8230;in a wooded area at the base of a large tree" surrounded by bushes at Interstate 75 and Northside Drive in Atlanta (Fulton County), GA. The remains consisted of skeletal elements and skin portions "mainly in the left side of the head as well as the back". There was a blue shirt and blue work pants with a brown belt found with/on the body. Shirt collar size 16 1/2 and sleeve size 34-35 inches. A wallet was found with the remains that contained wet documents and photos that were left to dry at the time of autopsy and sent, when dry, to the crime lab. A lower denture was found with the body; the location of that denture is not currently known. Scalp hair was described as gray blonde. "The upper teeth have been extracted in the past and the alveolar sockets are more or less obliterated. No lower jaw is present." The decedent was described as being "dead for many months".
The Georiga Bureau of Investigation Department of Forensic Science evaluated the documents and photos found with the remains; the report was completed by Chief Document Examiner James Kelly, January 12, 1981. The photograph of the young girl had handwritten on the reverse: "Sept. _____, 4 years old". A second photograph (front obliterated) bore handwriting on the reverse: "HR Bow dyeing & finishing, 278-3448". Fragments of a handwritten letter contained the following, line by line:
4-3-___
Dear Dad
Hope yo
alright here
hope ___ it help
th of us
as usual.
Nothing new
much. Both
had ___illins
HA HA really
___ly you
let me know
plenty of this
a cat
+ ___
HA HA
Take
can get together
___ together
wonderful husband
___king after me.
call or write
g fine he's
great dog
and behave
know right
Love Pam __ Dwight

DNA was extracted from specimens sent to the FBI CODIS NMPDD; mitochondrial DNA is available for comparison. We have two potential identity comparisons in progress.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back