GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 1029UMGA, 50-70, w/ photo of young girl, Dec'80

I noticed that there's a school in this screenshot of where JD was found. I decided to look it up and see if any yearbooks were available, as it's a k-12 school. Thanks to Classmates.com I've been looking through photos of kids K-5 throughout the 70s. It looks like kindergarteners were allowed to wear whatever, and grades 1+ had a uniform. I found a girl who looks like the girl in the picture in the 1974 yearbook, I can't tell exactly but based on the chronological order of the photos, I'd guess grade 1 or 2 (she's in a uniform.)

I can only zoom in so much, and I'm no facial recognition expert, but I am finding real similarities in the length of eyebrows, smile squint, cheeks, hairline/part, and shape of teeth. I googled her name, but can't find anything on her; she likely has a married name now.

I googled Pam & Dwight (girl's last name) Atlanta to see what came up, and I was able to find an obit for a Dwight with the same last name who was originally from Athens GA and seems to have a last known address in suburbs of Atlanta. Although this is a fairly common last name, he would be in the right age range if we were considering Pam & Dwight to be this girl's parents. The obituaries I can find are very limited and don't offer any other family names (such as wife or kids.)

Not sure where to go from here...
Okay I posted this while still sleuthing around. I have confirmed that the girl in the yearbook has a relative with the name Pamela, likely a mother, and someone named David. This girl's name starts with a D, so I wonder if the "Dwight" isn't Dwight but this girl's name/nickname or David. Trying not to get too excited...

Okay I posted this while still sleuthing around. I have confirmed that the girl in the yearbook has a relative with the name Pamela, likely a mother, and someone named David. This girl's name starts with a D, so I wonder if the "Dwight" isn't Dwight but this girl's name/nickname or David. Trying not to get too excited...
That's awesome, but now what?

Edit: FTR, When I look at that signature I see Don or possibly Dou (Doug? Douglas?) not Dwi

2nd edit: I guess Dou could look like Dav

Last edited:
That's awesome, but now what?

Edit: FTR, When I look at that signature I see Don or possibly Dou (Doug? Douglas?) not Dwi

2nd edit: I guess Dou could look like Dav
I hit a dead end in my sluething but sent a tip to the email attached to JD's namus profile. Sent the photo found in his pocket and the photo I found in the yearbook along with all the other tidbits I found. Not sure if I'll get a response (I've only ever gotten one response after submitting something) but if I do hear anything I'll post more :)

I hit a dead end in my sluething but sent a tip to the email attached to JD's namus profile. Sent the photo found in his pocket and the photo I found in the yearbook along with all the other tidbits I found. Not sure if I'll get a response (I've only ever gotten one response after submitting something) but if I do hear anything I'll post more :)
I got a response from the person in charge of the namus profile this week saying they would send it to the investigating agency. Not much detail to share obviously, but hopefully if anything it can result in some kind of rule out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back