GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 1029UMGA, 50-70, w/ photo of young girl, Dec'80

I'm thinking I am curious about the case you ARE talking about...

This one:

I was, because we're talking about a skeletonized body.

That address, 1411 May Street in Dalton, GA., still exists. It appears to be a warehouse or distribution center nowadays.

Yes, I've posted on the thread before. I always wondered if it was a Canadian guy who went missing in Florida. Donald Alexander MacGregor. So many of the facts of DAM fit; he wore dentures, he traveled to Panama City from Miami, age is in the range, the telephone exchange of 278 is the same as an area near Toronto. He has virtually no footprint online other than here, the Doe Network and Charley Project

I had no idea this case was allegedly so close to me. I can verify the Arrow accusations - I have been stalking through the Dalton Library for the last 24 hours or so. Found in the 1975-6 Industry Directory!
Heres what I found:
I can verify Arrow Dyeing and Finishing having the phone number, (404)-278-3448. Established 1975 by Saul Rosenthal. I cannot find a single thing on Arrow other than they had a lawsuit over missing payments that was settled in 1979. I have the CaseText.com link for anyone who wants it.
1411 May street is a busy textile capital. It is - or, was, - surrounded by nothing but textile, fabric, dyeing, anything to do with textiles. It was built early 1950s. It seems to have been firstly known as the Katherine Rug Company, who was bought by Trend Mills. Sometime by 1975, the building was being operated as Arrow Dyeing & Finishing. As of 2002, it is some type of gem or jewelry distributor.
180 people worked for Arrow in 1976. Katherine Rugs is well known around here as many of our grandparents were employed around this area of town - Katherines company gave birth to another successful carpet company, Sahns. Several folks are also in the directory claiming to have worked at Trend Mills. I cannot find anyone claiming to have worked at Arrow in any directory yet.
Honestly.. If this isnt solved by next June, my husband and I plan to print out the girls photo and pass it around Jamboree Day, which draws a lot of Dalton people in even though the fair isnt in Dalton itself. GBI says they have DNA on Grandad Doe!

Attachments

• Web capture_4-6-2023_235622_.jpeg
    Web capture_4-6-2023_235622_.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 11
I no longer think he was a traveling salesmen.
My folks remember traveling salesmen. Even into the early 80s, let alone the mid-70s, he more than likely would have been required to dress nice - usually in a suit. I have been going through the paperwork again, along with some other documents, and came to the new conclusion that he had to have been a carpet dyeing worker, someone who either goes to peoples houses to dye it or they are dyed mass-produced in a factory.
Why do I think this? Well, Sal Rosenthal partnered with two men, consistantly; David Kelley, and Michael Vidal. Vidal mainly did his business in FLORIDA. Isn't John Doe's bus ticket from Florida? Vidal had a lot more patents than either Sal or David. While Sal and David patented techniques, Vidal patented machines. This is where I cannot tell if he worked in a mill or going to peoples homes to dye their carpet. There was a business in Florida who used one of Vidals machines, and while they are a family business, I never did find a mention of a Dwight or Pam.
I bet money John Doe died in his work uniform! It was all blue. The three men were very interested in bow dyeing, which was a technique to dye the color purple and violet. It makes so much sense that, if he did work with these dyes, they would probably use blue or purple to blend in accidents.
Also, Arrow Dyeing and Finishing was sued in 1979 over what seems to be over a payment claim. I cannot find much on this case but Arrow was sued by Clarklift Co over missing money. What is John Doe died transporting something from Clarklift, and that is why the lawsuit had to happen? (I think Doe has been there since '79 but I am no expert by any means, I am just a woman with a computer)
Also, David seems to have had a business literally blocks from 1411 May Street which was inspected by a branch of government but again, little to no details. I will post everything I found, such as patents of Vidal, Kelley and Rosenthal, including the family owned business who advertised some of Vidals products for their at-home dyeing business.
I am writing a better report of my findings tonight. Sorry that this seems sporadic!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 02-21-40 Saul Rosenthal Phone Number Address Age Contact Info Public ...png
    Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 02-21-40 Saul Rosenthal Phone Number Address Age Contact Info Public ...png
    127.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 02-19-45 101 E Tyler St Dalton GA - Gg&F Consulting LLC Public Records.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 02-19-45 101 E Tyler St Dalton GA - Gg&F Consulting LLC Public Records.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 02-17-39 East Tyler Street Dalton GA Registered Companies Associates ...png
    Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 02-17-39 East Tyler Street Dalton GA Registered Companies Associates ...png
    47.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 02-15-51 East Tyler Street Dalton Georgia to 1411 may street dalton -...png
    Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 02-15-51 East Tyler Street Dalton Georgia to 1411 may street dalton -...png
    171.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Web capture_4-6-2023_235622_.jpeg
    Web capture_4-6-2023_235622_.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 17
  • ad.jpg
    ad.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
@BindingBloodline don't be sorry! Sometimes it's good to just get it all out then refine it later. I think it's an excellent post with amazing information. You've done some serious digging!

Anybody with an Ancestry account want to see if Vidal happened to have a Pamela or Dwight in the line (if there's enough info - I can't tell)?

@BindingBloodline don't be sorry! Sometimes it's good to just get it all out then refine it later. I think it's an excellent post with amazing information. You've done some serious digging!

Anybody with an Ancestry account want to see if Vidal happened to have a Pamela or Dwight in the line (if there's enough info - I can't tell)?
The name is so common that I can't be sure I've found the right one.

I am blessed that I am going to college 45 minutes away from Dalton. I also do have an Ancestry - I didn't think of Combing Vidal, good idea! I scoped the family of "Pro-Tone Florida" and it does not seem to have a family member named Dwight or Pam.

Do you have a ballpark age or anything other than he lived in Florida?

Heres some updated info I found last night. I made a MindMap of everything that ties Rosenthal, Vidal and Kelley together. Working on trying to get it published but it costs $$ so I will have to rely on screenshots.
Vidal may have had a wife listed as "DC" in Lake Worth, Florida. They claimed a giant industrial building as their home and this may be because this building seems to have hosted a nursing home facility in the building or extremely close to it. I also found that Kelley worked with a patent for Dyzon In-Home Carpet Dyeing Machine, and he used a lawyer group from Fulton Co to represent the product. WEIRDLY, John Doe died within 10miles from their office location.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 14-55-39 An untitled mindmap.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 14-55-39 An untitled mindmap.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 14-55-07 An untitled mindmap.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 14-55-07 An untitled mindmap.png
    285.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
We started a hotline for dear Grandpa Doe! I crafted a specific target area where we are going to put out fliers; Dalton being a huge one for us. We know several elders in Dalton and are trying to get the word out and get more info on the textile industry in the area from the 70's.
Its a long shot, but I hope someone in town can recognize this picture. My college gave us $10 to make around 200 copies. Had to screenshot from my facebook because we are going BIG on these fliers to catch major attention, it won't even download onto webslueths.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 21-52-46 Facebook.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 21-52-46 Facebook.png
    796 KB · Views: 47
I'm just here to post again because I cannot get Dear Dad out of my head. I talk about him voraciously with my parents and husband. My dad brought up the fact that since I am having such difficulties finding Arrow Dying in any newspaper, and the fact that John Doe is down in Atlanta not Chattanooga, it seems like he could have seen Arrow in that job booklet, which is actually at the library in Atlanta, physically. He must have been in the area living there, not a traveler from Florida like some have suggested. Could he be lost somewhere in the housing records of Atlanta?
Another thing I want to bring up - it seems there could have been 2 places known as Northside Parkway where John Doe died, one right off the highway and one near a low-income neighborhood. Both are surrounded by woods and near the highway. I can't find which construction project they were working on when they found him. Would anyone know? I feel like that could make a large difference in where to search, records-wise.
Everything left to the highway and slightly below in the picture is Northside Parkway off of 1-75. Thats a HUGE general area to try to pinpoint where a body was found since the initial police report does not specify exact location.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-30 200705.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-30 200705.png
    476.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I'm just here to post again because I cannot get Dear Dad out of my head. I talk about him voraciously with my parents and husband. My dad brought up the fact that since I am having such difficulties finding Arrow Dying in any newspaper, and the fact that John Doe is down in Atlanta not Chattanooga, it seems like he could have seen Arrow in that job booklet, which is actually at the library in Atlanta, physically. He must have been in the area living there, not a traveler from Florida like some have suggested. Could he be lost somewhere in the housing records of Atlanta?
Another thing I want to bring up - it seems there could have been 2 places known as Northside Parkway where John Doe died, one right off the highway and one near a low-income neighborhood. Both are surrounded by woods and near the highway. I can't find which construction project they were working on when they found him. Would anyone know? I feel like that could make a large difference in where to search, records-wise.
Everything left to the highway and slightly below in the picture is Northside Parkway off of 1-75. Thats a HUGE general area to try to pinpoint where a body was found since the initial police report does not specify exact location.

Wow! I don’t have any information to offer, just want to commend you for all your research and efforts. I hope someone else will have more information for you.

I feel like I may be closing in but I know I'll need help. 4545 Northside Parkway and 4547 Northside Parkway were apartments that were operational in the area where John Doe was found. I have no idea if this is useful, but I wanted to share it with fresh eyes if anyone wants to aim at other angles of this. I feel like this is significant because if John Doe owned his home, wouldn't you think more family would be inclined to hear of the house being foreclosed because of the lack of payment? It would be a bigger deal if John Doe owned a home because I would imagine banks would get involved to find family? I feel like John Doe is going to be last known to live in an apartment - it makes the most sense to me.
*4545 was considered a retirment community by at least 1981!!!*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back