GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 1029UMGA, 50-70, w/ photo of young girl, Dec'80

In my sleuthing I found a Pamela on FB who is the right age range if Pam is UID's daughter, who lives in Atlanta, Georgia. She has 3 daughters, and I found a few pictures of them as kids - the eldest really looks like the girl in the UID's photo. Reports on family search say she was married to a Donovan D(wight?) E., but she no longer shares his last name. I can't find any info on her parents who are listed on that same site, but her father has what I am finding to be a relatively common name. I almost want to share the photo to them on FB to see if it could be her daughter, but I think that would be a bit much?

In my sleuthing I found a Pamela on FB who is the right age range if Pam is UID's daughter, who lives in Atlanta, Georgia. She has 3 daughters, and I found a few pictures of them as kids - the eldest really looks like the girl in the UID's photo. Reports on family search say she was married to a Donovan D(wight?) E., but she no longer shares his last name. I can't find any info on her parents who are listed on that same site, but her father has what I am finding to be a relatively common name. I almost want to share the photo to them on FB to see if it could be her daughter, but I think that would be a bit much?
I think that's against TOS. Perhaps reach out to people on NamUs or Doenet or something if you think you've found something potentially useful?

I think that's against TOS. Perhaps reach out to people on NamUs or Doenet or something if you think you've found something potentially useful?
Thanks for letting me know - I'm newer to this and haven't submitted before but I just send something into the Doe Network!

I see a surname beginning with either "Blu" or "Du". "Dlu" is also a possibility, though it would have to be Slavic, most likely Polish or Ukrainian.
MOO

I don't see what you are seeing. I see what looks like a 7 that you have incorporated to a very cursive capital D that's open at the top and what looks like the beginning of a small 'w'.
I see the same thing you do. The thing that connects the "7" with the cursive "D" appears to me to just be a wrinkle in the page. The "7" itself I interpret to be a kind of lazy "&".

So I submitted this to the Doe Network and I got a response from Mary saying that since the FB is private and hasn't had any public posts since 2014, they won't be contacting the Pamela I found. Additionally, she said that she hopes that genetic genealogy solves the case. So here's hoping!

Posted about DearDad on a Facebook group targeting the Dalton community elders (a kind of remember-when group for folks born in the 40s to 60s). Will update if I hear back. I have moved from Dalton and have had to cease library-hopping to try to find info on Arrow Dyeing :/ all info posted is still the exact same, no updates.

Last edited:
I might have found a lawsuit related to arrow dyeing v. Dalton from 1979

I can't read legalese but maybe there's some useful information
Edit: I think it's about debt? Maybe bankruptcy?
This is against Clarklift Co, it seems as though there may have been a delivery that Arrow owed Clarklift that Arrow never fulfilled. It is definitely a debt-related lawsuit.

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 23-33-18 Clarklift of Dalton - Google Search.png
Could Doe have died pre 1979 while transporting a forklift to Atlanta? The company still exists, under a few names. The lawsuit against Arrow would have been Jan 1979; Arrow ceased production in 1980. It's likely the lawsuit bankrupted them. The judge appears to have deducted a couple hundred dollars off of what the plaintiff wanted. Could be mercy for a dying business.

Posted about DearDad on a Facebook group targeting the Dalton community elders (a kind of remember-when group for folks born in the 40s to 60s). Will update if I hear back. I have moved from Dalton and have had to cease library-hopping to try to find info on Arrow Dyeing :/ all info posted is still the exact same, no updates.
I wonder if it would be worthwhile posting on a few different groups? I've had a look and it seems like there's quite a few with 5k+ members, or other seniors groups in other areas such as Atlanta?

View attachment 475274
Could Doe have died pre 1979 while transporting a forklift to Atlanta? The company still exists, under a few names. The lawsuit against Arrow would have been Jan 1979; Arrow ceased production in 1980. It's likely the lawsuit bankrupted them. The judge appears to have deducted a couple hundred dollars off of what the plaintiff wanted. Could be mercy for a dying business.

Do you think there's anything to the fact that the company made forklifts and he was found at a construction site?

Do you think there's anything to the fact that the company made forklifts and he was found at a construction site?
Personally? No. But literally anything is possible in this crazy world.

I think he knew the area well. I wish the coroner could give me exact pinpoint coordination, but if I have the right location, he was found near a low income housing unit. He was wearing a mainly blue uniform so I believe maybe he was working with an in-home carpet dying company at the time. The low income housing unit had been there for years prior to 1980, but they probably found him while working on the surrounding buildings, such as the tennis court, the "new" company clubhouse, and the electrical company down the road. New buildings were being built in that area every year after the housing unit was bought by some company that I cannot remember the name off of my head.
There was no blood on his clothes, which means something internal killed him or the possibility of the elements (i doubt this though because most often but not always are hypo/hyperthermia victims are found naked) and he was found propped up against a tree. Could he have taken a smoke break during work in the woods and maybe had a heart attack? Or maybe he was diabetic and did not get to his insulin in time?
There is a retirement home literally across the river where he was found. The directory where Arrow is published was found in the Atlanta library. I think he was from the area and felt comfortable going into those particular woods. I don't think this was a guy who died in a random location - I'm sure we will find him somewhere in the Atlanta directories. I'm positive he lived in the area. According to the medical examiner, this was not a business card, but rather a handwritten note on a piece of paper, driving me back to my theory that he saw the job in the 1976 directory found at the Atlanta Library.

I'm just here to post again because I cannot get Dear Dad out of my head. I talk about him voraciously with my parents and husband. My dad brought up the fact that since I am having such difficulties finding Arrow Dying in any newspaper, and the fact that John Doe is down in Atlanta not Chattanooga, it seems like he could have seen Arrow in that job booklet, which is actually at the library in Atlanta, physically. He must have been in the area living there, not a traveler from Florida like some have suggested. Could he be lost somewhere in the housing records of Atlanta?
Another thing I want to bring up - it seems there could have been 2 places known as Northside Parkway where John Doe died, one right off the highway and one near a low-income neighborhood. Both are surrounded by woods and near the highway. I can't find which construction project they were working on when they found him. Would anyone know? I feel like that could make a large difference in where to search, records-wise.
Everything left to the highway and slightly below in the picture is Northside Parkway off of 1-75. Thats a HUGE general area to try to pinpoint where a body was found since the initial police report does not specify exact location.
I noticed that there's a school in this screenshot of where JD was found. I decided to look it up and see if any yearbooks were available, as it's a k-12 school. Thanks to Classmates.com I've been looking through photos of kids K-5 throughout the 70s. It looks like kindergarteners were allowed to wear whatever, and grades 1+ had a uniform. I found a girl who looks like the girl in the picture in the 1974 yearbook, I can't tell exactly but based on the chronological order of the photos, I'd guess grade 1 or 2 (she's in a uniform.)

I can only zoom in so much, and I'm no facial recognition expert, but I am finding real similarities in the length of eyebrows, smile squint, cheeks, hairline/part, and shape of teeth. I googled her name, but can't find anything on her; she likely has a married name now.

I googled Pam & Dwight (girl's last name) Atlanta to see what came up, and I was able to find an obit for a Dwight with the same last name who was originally from Athens GA and seems to have a last known address in suburbs of Atlanta. Although this is a fairly common last name, he would be in the right age range if we were considering Pam & Dwight to be this girl's parents. The obituaries I can find are very limited and don't offer any other family names (such as wife or kids.)

Not sure where to go from here...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back