Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think RT pushed the Runion's SUV as much as he could into the pond. If the airbags deployed and he was in the vehicle, wouldn't he have bruises or lacerations?

I think RT pushed the Runion's SUV as much as he could into the pond. If the airbags deployed and he was in the vehicle, wouldn't he have bruises or lacerations?

Yes I think he would have bruises. Plus since he was several inches taller than Bud (I believe it was 6'4" versus 5'9") the seat would be pushed back. LE would look for the seat position in this case.

Off Topic
Respectfully snipped by me for space.
'I never ever underestimate Evil, Starry Night'.. "Good triumphs Evil"!

Quote by Roger L. Depue “Between Good and Evil” Author & Retired FBI BAU Profiler:
http://www.amazon.com/Between-Good-Evil-Profilers-Predators/dp/0446532649

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.

Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it. I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

Blame the Brain..
http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/science-scope/blame-the-brain-psychopaths-are-wired-differently/
<sniped - read more>
Psychopaths (now often coyly
labelled sociopaths) are the only real persons, places, things, in
their world. The rest of us are figments of their imagination, in
effect, to be manipulated and used in anyway appropriate and
convenient to their needs.

If they believe it to be ultimately useful
to their purposes to be kind and generous and considerate towards
someone, they will -- without limit, if helpful to their ends -- or
if they believe it to be more convenient to destroy someone, they
will. There is no such thing as truth or lies external to them --
which explains why such persons can readily pass lie detector tests,
for example.

A quasi-religious psychiatrist I knew said they were born without
souls. A philosopher long ago came to literally believe that there
are people in this world who are actually not really human beings,
but who absolutely emulate the real thing and are basically
impossible to recognize as non-human. I think he was trying to
explain the psychopath.

I know someone that this explains to a T. He's been known to have told more than one person that he wakes up every day and chooses to be good or evil that day. My opinion he is mostly the latter. Literally scares the he** out of me what he's capable of doing.

JMO

This couple seems to have touched so many people. I will never understand this. Such good people and the news said they gave and helped the less fortunate all the time. Bud even had a Bud's Bikes thing, where he fixed bikes and gave them to kids that didn't have them.
Rsbm

How wonderful that Bud did this!

I apologize if this has already been discussed (I am so far behind on the posts) but I still don't understand how the LE tracked down a burner phone to RT?

Thanks, I'd originally thought the ad was for local until I got that response. I'd smelled a scam from the beginning when they advertised a 9-10 thousand dollar car for $2500. I just wanted to satisfy my curiosity and see if it was my lucky day. After the response I never replied but sleuthing them showed the same ad in 3 other states, different times. I'd forgotten about it till this crime and looking again last night and seeing a new ad I'd like to report him to law enforcement, not craigslist. I'm left with not knowing who to contact though, I'll post when I work it out.

These types of ads on Craigslist are so common that they are absolutely laughable. They've been going on for years and years. My mind cannot comprehend how folks can even consider for one moment that they are legit. The fact that the ads are generally .gif or picture files is a big clue, among other raging clues. But since they still exist, I guess people are still being snookered. And not just cars: A close acquaintance of mine got swindled out of an amount of money on a too-good-to-be-true baby grand piano. She only found out she was swindled when I told her she would never see a piano. She was stunned that she had been had. :facepalm:

But if Towns was just desperate for some quick cash -- for drug debts or whatever -- why take the lengthy, time-consuming avenue of Craigslist: Making contact via email, probably multiple phone calls, waiting probably several days -- if not longer -- for the set-upon meeting date/time ?? That took so much time and effort. Why not go rob someone local? Why not go to a larger city and just burglarize, rob, etc.? It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Do you guys remember in Tom Bosma's case, after Dellen Millard was arrested, more crimes linked to him began unraveling, the murder of his father, another lady...I wonder if RT will be linked to other crimes now.

I apologize if this has already been discussed (I am so far behind on the posts) but I still don't understand how the LE tracked down a burner phone to RT?

From my understanding the burner phones have a serial number telling where they are sold. So if the phone was sold in a quick mart in Mcrae Georgia that would narrow it down. Then if the individual uses that burner number to call someone else (say a family member)that could be tracked and it would narrow it down even more. It would work well if bought in a big city - maybe not so well in a small town.

'I never ever underestimate Evil, Starry Night'.. "Good triumphs Evil"!

Quote by Roger L. Depue “Between Good and Evil” Author & Retired FBI BAU Profiler:
http://www.amazon.com/Between-Good-Evil-Profilers-Predators/dp/0446532649

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.

Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it. I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance. But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy...

Imo, the Runions were not born yesterday and although likely trusting individuals, were well aware of the possible dangers of making a large purchase from a stranger via a craigslist ad.

Yes, bettiepageturner, the Runion murders is one of the most heinous and heartbreaking cases on WS.. Imo, there will be a direct or indirect link to drugs, likely meth..
From observations of patterns from researching sexual predators & psychopathic serial killers from the 1980's CA speed freak killers to the present.
There seems to be a common denominator of methamphetamine use/abuse attributed to these senseless and horrific crimes. From Pastors to Politicians, seems that no one is exempt or excluded. Meth appears to be the primary catalyst for psychopaths to act out their fantasies, which create new sadistic psychopathic tendencies in otherwise normal personalities..

Blame the Brain..
http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/science-scope/blame-the-brain-psychopaths-are-wired-differently/
<sniped - read more>
Psychopaths (now often coyly
labelled sociopaths) are the only real persons, places, things, in
their world. The rest of us are figments of their imagination, in
effect, to be manipulated and used in anyway appropriate and
convenient to their needs.

If they believe it to be ultimately useful
to their purposes to be kind and generous and considerate towards
someone, they will -- without limit, if helpful to their ends -- or
if they believe it to be more convenient to destroy someone, they
will. There is no such thing as truth or lies external to them --
which explains why such persons can readily pass lie detector tests,
for example.

A quasi-religious psychiatrist I knew said they were born without
souls. A philosopher long ago came to literally believe that there
are people in this world who are actually not really human beings,
but who absolutely emulate the real thing and are basically
impossible to recognize as non-human. I think he was trying to
explain the psychopath.

We've been waiting for you to join us, Foxfire. We talked it about it somewhere upstream.

le hasn't said what method they used.

But if Towns was just desperate for some quick cash -- for drug debts or whatever -- why take the lengthy, time-consuming avenue of Craigslist: Making contact via email, probably multiple phone calls, waiting probably several days -- if not longer -- for the set-upon meeting date/time ?? That took so much time and effort. Why not go rob someone local? Why not go to a larger city and just burglarize, rob, etc.? It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

It may have just been a quirk of timing. Remember, Bud placed the ad, so if RT was trolling Craigslist, looking for a way to make some quick cash, Bud's ad may have presented the opportunity RT was looking for at that moment.

I can't seem to shake my sadness.

THOUGHT--- I wonder how many ads similar to Bud's, this piece of garbage answered, trying to lure that unsuspecting soul into his snare???

Indeed. We discussed this upstream, and even found another ad that we think he may have possibly responded to if he was scouting...its somewhere around the post #120 mark, iirc.

Many psychopaths (sociopaths) are smart individuals. They have learned, all of their lives, how to manipulate people and situations. They most often think they can outsmart authority figures (and regularly do) and are surprised on those few occasions when they are cornered.
Sometimes when in a legal bind, they think can turn themselves in and still outsmart or out-manipulate law enforcement.
How perplexed they are when the facts overtake them.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/20...nions-car-two-bodies-were-scattered/22406491/
Investigators: Runions' car, two bodies found in separate locations

Bless their hearts ... Heartbroken for their family! :(

ETA snipped from article some info on RT
He said Towns formerly worked for a tree- or brush-cutting service but had been out of work for weeks. He said Towns had been living with his parents' at their home on Webb Cemetery Road and appeared to be separated or divorced.

Many psychopaths (sociopaths) are smart individuals. They have learned, all of their lives, how to manipulate people and situations. They most often think they can outsmart authority figures (and regularly do) and are surprised on those few occasions when they are cornered.
Sometimes when in a legal bind, they think can turn themselves in and still outsmart or out-manipulate law enforcement.
How perplexed they are when the facts overtake them.

I agree re: psycho/sociopaths, but, to me at least, this doesn't feel like the work of a smart individual who's been getting away with things. The whole thing feels clumsy; poorly planned, poorly executed. I'm just not sure murder was the initial end game. Waiting to hear if others were involved.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/20...nions-car-two-bodies-were-scattered/22406491/

He said Towns formerly worked for a tree- or brush-cutting service but had been out of work for weeks. He said Towns had been living with his parents' at their home on Webb Cemetery Road and appeared to be separated or divorced.

{BBM for emphasis}

And there you have it... his world was crashing down around him and desperation was guiding him. If only he had thought about the consequences of his actions and how many other lives he was going to ruin. Maybe didn't care. Wonder if he does now? IMO

Please Dear God ..do not let this be an indicator on his way he ended this precious couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6