Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/20...nions-car-two-bodies-were-scattered/22406491/
Investigators: Runions' car, two bodies found in separate locations

Bless their hearts ... Heartbroken for their family! :(

ETA snipped from article some info on RT
He said Towns formerly worked for a tree- or brush-cutting service but had been out of work for weeks. He said Towns had been living with his parents' at their home on Webb Cemetery Road and appeared to be separated or divorced.

The following is what 13wmaz.com posted as their facebook status update referencing the above article ...

"Telfair County investigators told us today that the Runions' car and two bodies were found in three separate locations within a one-mile radius."

It just keeps getting worse. According to that latest update on Channel 13, the bodies were near, but not together. One of them saw the other killed and lived a few more minutes, knowing what had happened to the spouse & what was about to happen to them.

I am so glad Georgia is a death penalty state. This is the kind of crime that deserves nothing less.

I think RT pushed the Runion's SUV as much as he could into the pond. If the airbags deployed and he was in the vehicle, wouldn't he have bruises or lacerations?

Not necessarily. I was in an accident not so long ago (in the driver's seat) and had no signs of any injury from the airbags.

Actually now that I think about this all as a criminal and not as a law-abiding citizen RT probably thought he COULD get away with this scheme. If Bud and June had not told their family of their plans, and if the daughters had not contacted the police right away and set up a Facebook page, and being that RT was found with Bud's cell phone (providing the evidence to link them to his burner phone), then yes he might have gotten away with it. He probably felt confident growing up on his family's acreage and knew lots of hiding places for vehicle and bodies. In addition it looks like maybe he kept a low profile. Woman employee at the convenience store said she knew the family for 20 years and that Jay was always "quiet." However, he wasn't counting on all the media attention and panicked. Thankfully he was caught quickly and will be punished severely for this horrible, horrible crime.

wait, ronnie adrian towns was grantor to ronnie towns (father?), didnt' someone say there was a ronnie towns age 63 in mcrae? Is that his father? All tracts came from a Lois Towns
then the 155 acre tract from Lois to ronnie towns, so this must be all his fathers land? The perp Ronnie was listed on tax records as Ronnie Adrian Towns, not sure why he's gifting land to his father if thts so, so where did he live? well there were 2 homes there, so he probably lives in one of them

He may have gifted his dad the land to keep it out of or away from his soon to be ex-wife

From my understanding the burner phones have a serial number telling where they are sold. So if the phone was sold in a quick mart in Mcrae Georgia that would narrow it down. Then if the individual uses that burner number to call someone else (say a family member)that could be tracked and it would narrow it down even more. It would work well if bought in a big city - maybe not so well in a small town.

That is correct, they all have serial #'s which will be traceable through the manufacturer to the chain or store that sold it, that store probably can tell them what day and time it was sold and probably had surveillance cameras showing who purchased the phone ....

Actually now that I think about this all as a criminal and not as a law-abiding citizen RT probably thought he COULD get away with this scheme. If Bud and June had not told their family of their plans, and if the daughters had not contacted the police right away and set up a Facebook page, and being that RT was found with Bud's cell phone (providing the evidence to link them to his burner phone), then yes he might have gotten away with it. He probably felt confident growing up on his family's acreage and knew lots of hiding places for vehicle and bodies. In addition it looks like maybe he kept a low profile. Woman employee at the convenience store said she knew the family for 20 years and that Jay was always "quiet." However, he wasn't counting on all the media attention and panicked. Thankfully he was caught quickly and will be punished severely for this horrible, horrible crime.

Do you have a link that says RT was found with Bud's cell phone? I must have missed that.

I think you are correct. RT was overly confident and never dreamed of all the people that would be searching for a missing couple. He probably thought that being in such a rural area, no one would ever look there. I also think that setting up the Facebook page, as the Runion family did, was the best thing they could have done. So many people got involved in the search and there was no way RT could hide.

That is correct, they all have serial #'s which will be traceable through the manufacturer to the chain or store that sold it, that store probably can tell them what day and time it was sold and probably had surveillance cameras showing who purchased the phone ....

I would think a separate warrant would be required by each of the MANY service providers before they would check to see IF the phone number in question is associated with one of their serial numbers or not.

I wonder if a judge would sign off if the only probable cause was the number was found to be on bud or June's phone records around the time they disappeared. hopefully we find out how they connected the phone to rt.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/20...nions-car-two-bodies-were-scattered/22406491/
Investigators: Runions' car, two bodies found in separate locations

Bless their hearts ... Heartbroken for their family! :(

ETA snipped from article some info on RT
He said Towns formerly worked for a tree- or brush-cutting service but had been out of work for weeks. He said Towns had been living with his parents' at their home on Webb Cemetery Road and appeared to be separated or divorced.

Why did it take so long to find them if he was living with his parents? Maybe he put their car in a shed?

I have am not doubting anyone but I have been glued to this case and have not heard anything on the news about a store, RT having Bud's cell phone or $22,000.00. I obviously could have missed it.

What I have been reading is many people taking up for this kid. (Now I am calling him kid. Ha) Saw several that are even saying the pic released from LE is not even RT but his brother. Crazy stuff about corruption and other things, which seem pretty far fetched. I know most can't be discussed here but it sounds about as wild and crazy as the stuff going on with the Jessica Chambers case.

Confirmed.
Is it time for a new thread?

Guests reading here, please sign up & join in. Easy. Free.
More parts of Websleuths you cannot see until you are a member.
We don't bite.

I'll open a new thread in a few minutes. So when it's taken care of, be ready to switch over and I'll close this thread.

fran
:wave:

So it seems in Georgia, malice murder is what would be capital or first degree in other states.

http://understandgeorgialaw.coker-law.com/2011/06/murder-she-wrote.html

"Murder is defined in Georgia as "the unlawful killing with malice aforethought." "Malice aforethought" is the "deliberate intention to take another's life." Georgia is one of the few states that does not classify murder as 1st Degree [cold-blooded killings] and 2nd Degree [reckless disregard for human life]. In Georgia, any killing with malice or a killing without provocation is murder. The severity of the punishment will depend on the seriousness of the surrounding circumstances."

I wonder if his family will hire a fancy attorney for him?

It looks as if the family has been notified of identification based on the latest post on the Find Bud & June FB page: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=844100718962440&id=842141039158408

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. -1 Corinthians 13:13

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her -Ephesians 5:25

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. -1 John 4:7

Bud & June had an amazing love. They loved God and that is evident in how they lived.

A photo of Bud and June holding hands at the beach is shared in the post.

RSBM

Beautiful photo. Brought tears to my eyes. :(
They left a good legacy of love ; and hoping their loved ones can take some comfort in that.
My own parents are older than the Runion's, but their love for each other is just as much as the day they married -- if not more !

Their loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname