Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to the discussion above poster, grace4me, post #54 (Sorry having tech difficulties, its not allowing me to reply with quote).

Thanks for posting the UK Daily Mail article for reference; this is a good reminder that maybe we need a Media Maps Timeline thread as more articles come in, etc? Has one been set up yet, tia. The Daily Mail will most certainly have some good images for reference.

Yes, this dirtbag turned himself in yesterday morning. The Runion's bodies seem to have been discovered shortly thereafter due to search efforts.

Donations in honor of Bud and June Runion to House of Hope Freehome in Canton, GA.

Link
I had already decided to make a donation but then I read this on FB and sealed the deal. This is my hometown. What a legacy of faith they have left their children.

(Argh, you guys are trying to suck me in over there aren't you! Not gonna happen, lol.)

I tell ya it is a mess. Don't know if I can go back. I am 46 and until four years ago GA was home and still is in my heart. My whole family is there. I have never even heard of McRae until this. So, it is hard for me to swallow that such could go on or even be thought of.

I imagine there are plenty of good, decent people in McRae who are horrified at what happened to the Runions. On this earth, there is no place totally free from evil, sick and self-centered people who harm others. Evidently, Bud and June were the type of people who make living worth while.

Heartbreaking update. And from the interviews given by the suspect's family they are shocked and unconvinced that he is capable of being so evil and monstrous. My prayers go out to both families. This is truly a heartbreaking case all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still can't find anything saying that RT had Bud cellphone on him. All I found was the LE traced the call back to the cell phone RT had and bought.
This is what I really hate people saying things in here without links. This is how rumors get started and blown out of preparations. Just like yesterday I saw posters saying I'm glad the capture Rt. When RT father convinced him to turn himself in.

Ok I will get down off my soap box now

Im also having a hard time thinking he acted alone. Most killers that act alone when they run they run until captured . He turned himself in why? He had to know Bud and June would be found .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im also having a hard time thinking he acted alone. Most killers that act alone when they run they run until captured . He turned himself in why? He had to know Bud and June would be found .

I don't think he had the financial means or even a person to help him run. He was out of work... he probably thought he was safer hiding in the woods.

According to his uncle he was working construction job . But even if he was broke it personally would keep running if I knew they would find them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel sorry for RT's family. They appear to be in deep shock over what happened.

My heart goes out to them and The Runions families as well.

Key elements:

1) How many "ad respondents" contacted the Runions?

2) How many individuals did LE initially interview, from where and why?

3) What lead LE to initially interview RT?

4) How did LE connect RT to the 'burner' cellphone/number indicated in the Runion's cellphone records?

5) How does LE 'know' RT disposed of the 'burner' cellphone and when?

6) Was Jacksonville / McRae the initial and only destination(s) intended by the Runions?

7) Did the Runions bring cash with them?

8) Was anything discovered as missing from the Runion's bodies and / or vehicle?

Y

Yes lots of action there, TY

Topix? Yikes.

Topix is a very scary place and I wouldn't believe any of the posters over there even if I saw their tongues being notarized for myself. It is not moderated on that site and that leads to big tall lies being posted constantly.

I tried that with several other cases and what was said turned out to be the opposite when the actual trials were held. So I have wised up.

There will be many who say they are 'in the know' (cough-cough) and all they were/are ..........is attention seekers and it wound up so many times they didn't know nuttin and were really lying all along and leading those who believed them around by the nose.

That is why I don't go to Topix anymore.

I would rather stay here and gather knowledge about a case instead. No one on Topix can be trusted, IMO.

I don't think he had the financial means or even a person to help him run. He was out of work... he probably thought he was safer hiding in the woods.

Do we know if he actually took money from the Runions? I've read that they had $22,000 on them then read that they didn't take money to buy the car. If RT had their money, he would've had the resources to run a lot farther than he did.

I tell ya it is a mess. Don't know if I can go back. I am 46 and until four years ago GA was home and still is in my heart. My whole family is there. I have never even heard of McRae until this. So, it is hard for me to swallow that such could go on or even be thought of.

I love my home state of Georgia and wouldn't live anywhere else. McRae is about 60 miles north of where I live. I have been there though and its a great little town with friendly warm people in it. Someone put up a link earlier saying it was the 6th safest city in Georgia.

That is why it has hit this small town hard. Things this horrendous just don't happen in McRae but evil has no boundaries and can appear anywhere and it happen to strike this quaint little town. I am sure it has crushed the wonderful people who live there. They have to be devastated too.

Locating a murder weapon with prints seems a near-impossibility. I hope this does not turn in to a circumstantial evidence-only case but given the context of the entire scenario and its ultimate result, a conviction seems assured.

Most cases tried in the US are circumstantial evidence cases. Very few are direct evidence cases since a direct evidence case means there was a direct witness/witnesses to the crime. Everything else such as phone records, forensic evidence, lay witness testimony ,investigators and expert testimony, etc are pieces of circumstantial evidence.

Many cases are tried and result in a conviction when the murder weapon is never found. Finding the weapon isn't something the DA is required to have to prove their case BARD.

I have a suspicion that someone around there knew he had a small handgun in the same caliber that killed the Runions. Men usually show their weapons off when they get them to someone they know. And it may be one of his dad's gun and the gun may have been registered since it is a handgun and not a long gun which doesn't have to be registered when purchased.

B
Topix? Yikes.

Topix is a very scary place and I wouldn't believe any of the posters over there even if I saw their tongues being notarized for myself. It is not moderated on that site and that leads to big tall lies being posted constantly.

I tried that with several other cases and what was said turned out to be the opposite when the actual trials were held. So I have wised up.

There will be many who say they are 'in the know' (cough-cough) and all they were/are ..........is attention seekers and it wound up so many times they didn't know nuttin and were really lying all along and leading those who believed them around by the nose.

That is why I don't go to Topix anymore.

I would rather stay here and gather knowledge about a case instead. No one on Topix can be trusted, IMO.

Yeah, ITA. I started getting angry reading there and bailed out.

Key elements:

1) How many "ad respondents" contacted the Runions?

2) How many individuals did LE initially interview, from where and why?

3) What lead LE to initially interview RT?

4) How did LE connect RT to the 'burner' cellphone/number indicated in the Runion's cellphone records?

5) How does LE 'know' RT disposed of the 'burner' cellphone and when?

6) Was Jacksonville / McRae the initial and only destination(s) intended by the Runions?

7) Did the Runions bring cash with them?

8) Was anything discovered as missing from the Runion's bodies and / or vehicle?

I know I asked before about the gun/pistol used against the Couple, I don't know why I failed to ask or make the thought known- I wonder if it might have been Bud's personal one from the GMC Envoy. Him being ex-military it would not surprise me.
Besides- I am raised a Texas country girl - we always carry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT1510
Back