Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

View of parking lot at Mt Paran Church of God before the funeral. (Found on FB)

10686686_529040467236131_3297840961521793499_n.jpg

Following up on what I said above about the community and potential jurors - I read this quote:

Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday that his community was angry, embarrassed and ashamed that one of their own sons is accused of killing the Runions.

Is there anyone here who thinks that maybe RT didn't do this? I am curious because something feels "off" about this whole thing.

Is there anyone here who thinks that maybe RT didn't do this? I am curious because something feels "off" about this whole thing.

I'm questioning whether or not he was the actual "trigger man." I get the feeling that there was someone else involved.

It just seems odd that the Runion's vehicle was not found until Monday, considering that LE set up camp nearby, had a suspect, and access to a lot of resources that included helicopters. Very odd.

If there was someone else involved, then why isn't he telling LE?
If he gave his phone to someone else, why isn't he telling LE?
He hid out in the woods. If he was afraid that something might happen to his family (say from someone else,
if someone else was involved),well, the family wasn't protected, as he was the one hiding. So, why was he hiding?
It seems like he wasn't worried for others, otherwise they (the family) would have been protected somehow,IMOO.
Unless, he IS protecting someone...
Who would he be protecting and why?
Did he "borrow" someone's gun, unbeknownst to them? Would that implicate someone innocent?
Did he "borrow" someone's gun, and give it to someone else?
If there was someone else involved, I don't understand why he won't say who it is?
IMOO.

ETA:
I am wondering, if there was someone else involved, maybe he wasn't worried that person would go
after/hurt his family, because LE was already in that area, so the family was protected at that point by LE.
IMOO.

Following up on what I said above about the community and potential jurors - I read this quote:

Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday that his community was angry, embarrassed and ashamed that one of their own sons is accused of killing the Runions.

As it should be. This is why the sheriff made the comment about JT coming from a "good family".

Because decent people are ASHAMED when one of their own commits a horrible crime. They don't blame the victim, they don't try to paint a rosey picture of the criminal (i.e. he was turning his life around) they are just plain ashamed.

I'm questioning whether or not he was the actual "trigger man." I get the feeling that there was someone else involved.

Yeah I do too. I just don't really believe he searched craigslist ads and then pulled this off by himself.

Question is, why is he being silent? They are looking for the gun so obviously he IS holding his words. Who is the trigger person? First thought is he might be silent to protect a woman, but I don't see a female popping off head shots in this case.

I do think there was an accomplice, this JT just doesn't seem capable of masterminding this crime.

If there is another person involved, then that person must mean a lot to Ronnie for Ronnie to be
taking 100 percent of the fall for this, at this moment...

I still feel it is just him, but, if there is another person, there HAS to be a reason why Ronnie won't tell.
IMOO.

If there is another person involved, then that person must mean a lot to Ronnie for Ronnie to be
taking 100 percent of the fall for this, at this moment...

I still feel it is just him, but, if there is another person, there HAS to be a reason why Ronnie won't tell.
IMOO.

Maybe because the other person told him no matter what do NOT TALK!

Fact is most are convicted by their own words.

I just don't see a redneck landscaper living in a tiny town coming up with a plan that involves the Internet and burner phones. That is "outside" of their world, someone else came up with the idea.

I can only say my Gut is saying something is off here. And I'm still baffled as to how they tracked the burner phone ping moving South . Yet by all accounts Rt was hiding in the woods already .
As o what their family is saying . You see what I see on the FB page. I'm still amazed how you haven't seen one harsh word towards RT . Only that they want Justice done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IIRC, this information was one of the first facts released (pinging south) and I would figure refers to the initial pings from Thursday/Friday?

Sometimes the most simple answer is the answer. Sometimes things just are how they are, and there is not a conspiracy (for lack of a better word) behind it.

My theory of the moment (constantly subject to change):

RT lured the Runions strictly to rob them. Maybe he was tweaked out. When he met with them, he got angry because Bud did not have the cash on him and/or maybe he tried to get them to go get the cash, but a fight ensued with Bud and Bud was shot. He then had to kill June as she was a witness. Being that this might have been his first murder committed without any planning he had no idea what to do, so he implemented his "awareness space", did a sloppy job of covering up a crime. My initial thoughts were that he planned to murder them from the very beginning, and that there was likely an accomplice. Now, I'm really not so sure.

Jmo

Did he "borrow" someone's gun, unbeknownst to them? Would that implicate someone innocent?
Did he "borrow" someone's gun, and give it to someone else?

These are rednecks, they have more guns than you can shake a stick at.

Plus tracing a gun isn't easy, if you have the gun you start with the manufacturer, then dealer, then purchaser, etc.... Use a shotgun and ballistics doesn't mean squat. I am sure they have a few of those too.

When he met with them, he got angry because Bud did not have the cash on him and/or maybe he tried to get them to go get the cash, but a fight ensued with Bud and Bud was shot.

No "fight" ensued. When you meet folks on craigslist to purchase or sell you do not "fight/argue" with them if problems develop.

Another case similar just took place in Dekalb County GA...Two men went to sell a dog to someone who responded to an ad they had posted on a breeding site...When they got there a man was waiting for them with a gun..

Police: Man killed during botched dog sale connected to other robberies

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/man-shot-killed-during-dog-sale-transaction/njzn3/?ref=cbTopWidget

Classito
O/T they ought to publicize these stories more. Make the people who use Craigslist to rob and kill think a little harder before trying that.

O/T they ought to publicize these stories more. Make the people who use Craigslist to rob and kill think a little harder before trying that.

In the Dekalb case the person that tried to rob got killed by the victim/s.

I can only say my Gut is saying something is off here. And I'm still baffled as to how they tracked the burner phone ping moving South . Yet by all accounts Rt was hiding in the woods already .
As o what their family is saying . You see what I see on the FB page. I'm still amazed how you haven't seen one harsh word towards RT . Only that they want Justice done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can see why there would be no harsh words towards RJT. The people in the area all know each other. Saying something harsh about RJT would hurt his family, and I seriously doubt anyone wants to do that. His dad did the right thing and made sure his son turned himself in. His mother is recovering from brain surgery, IIRC. RJT having committed this crime makes no rational sense to anyone who knows him. Who would want to cause the family more grief and pain? It's a testament to the community that they have that kind of consideration, IMO. I'd like to see a little more of that, in general.

Sometimes the most simple answer is the answer. Sometimes things just are how they are, and there is not a conspiracy (for lack of a better word) behind it.

My theory of the moment (constantly subject to change):

RT lured the Runions strictly to rob them. Maybe he was tweaked out. When he met with them, he got angry because Bud did not have the cash on him and/or maybe he tried to get them to go get the cash, but a fight ensued with Bud and Bud was shot. He then had to kill June as she was a witness. Being that this might have been his first murder committed without any planning he had no idea what to do, so he implemented his "awareness space", did a sloppy job of covering up a crime. My initial thoughts were that he planned to murder them from the very beginning, and that there was likely an accomplice. Now, I'm really not so sure.

Jmo
BBM
Made a thought pop into my head. What if you are correct and he was going to keep June with him while Bud went to get the money? Doubt most spouses would go along with that. Just saying it's a possibility.

No "fight" ensued. When you meet folks on craigslist to purchase or sell you do not "fight/argue" with them if problems develop.
Respectfully, we don't know that "no fight ensued".

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaVonD
Back