Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

Respectfully, we don't know that "no fight ensued".

Respectfully, this was a craigslist stranger meeting. Bud did not even know the name of the person he was meeting.

If you are meeting a complete stranger from craigslist and things go "bad" (with no mustang in sight) you don't get into an argument. Bud is/was a 'Nam vet. He was smart enough to know it is fight or flee, it isn't about "arguing".

He would KNOW the situation was dangerous and he would get his wife out of there! Or defend!

The idea of him getting into an "argument" with a complete stranger on a dirt road after being lured in by an Internet contact in the middle of nowhere is just plain not plausible.

Are you trying to suggest the situation just got "out of control" because the victim, Bud, began to have words with the killer? Maybe the next suggestion will be that the perp was "in fear for their life" and just defending themselves against the elderly couple?

Maybe because the other person told him no matter what do NOT TALK!

Fact is most are convicted by their own words.

a.

I agree that many people are convicted by their own words. and maybe Ronnie is simply exercising his right to remain silent.

I just don't see a redneck landscaper living in a tiny town coming up with a plan that involves the Internet and burner phones. That is "outside" of their world, someone else came up with the idea.

My thoughts exactly!

Is there anyone here who thinks that maybe RT didn't do this? I am curious because something feels "off" about this whole thing.

I'm on the fence. I'm not seeing any concrete evidence being put out there yet.

If it's a set up or if someone else is involved, maybe he was threatened that if he talks his family will be harmed. I have idea...... I just can't understand why he would do all of this in his own backyard.

If there was someone else involved, then why isn't he telling LE?
If he gave his phone to someone else, why isn't he telling LE?
He hid out in the woods. If he was afraid that something might happen to his family (say from someone else,
if someone else was involved),well, the family wasn't protected, as he was the one hiding. So, why was he hiding?
It seems like he wasn't worried for others, otherwise they (the family) would have been protected somehow,IMOO.
Unless, he IS protecting someone...
Who would he be protecting and why?
Did he "borrow" someone's gun, unbeknownst to them? Would that implicate someone innocent?
Did he "borrow" someone's gun, and give it to someone else?
If there was someone else involved, I don't understand why he won't say who it is?
IMOO.

ETA:
I am wondering, if there was someone else involved, maybe he wasn't worried that person would go
after/hurt his family, because LE was already in that area, so the family was protected at that point by LE.
IMOO.

If he did not do this, or if he did not do it alone -- possibly he IS telling LE. Doubt they'd be telling us, just yet, no matter what he might be saying (or not saying).

Maybe (just maybe) he's not the one who had and fired a gun and so does not know where the murder weapon is.

IIRC, this information was one of the first facts released (pinging south) and I would figure refers to the initial pings from Thursday/Friday?

That can't be because the LE in that area were not even involved for over 12 hours after they were reported missing. So that would have been late Friday at the soonest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can see why there would be no harsh words towards RJT. The people in the area all know each other. Saying something harsh about RJT would hurt his family, and I seriously doubt anyone wants to do that. His dad did the right thing and made sure his son turned himself in. His mother is recovering from brain surgery, IIRC. RJT having committed this crime makes no rational sense to anyone who knows him. Who would want to cause the family more grief and pain? It's a testament to the community that they have that kind of consideration, IMO. I'd like to see a little more of that, in general.

You misunderstood Bud& June's family if you read the FB page there is no harsh words coming out of the family's mouth. All the want is justice. They are all strong in their faith thatch God .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Respectfully, this was a craigslist stranger meeting. Bud did not even know the name of the person he was meeting.

If you are meeting a complete stranger from craigslist and things go "bad" (with no mustang in sight) you don't get into an argument. Bud is/was a 'Nam vet. He was smart enough to know it is fight or flee, it isn't about "arguing".

He would KNOW the situation was dangerous and he would get his wife out of there! Or defend!

The idea of him getting into an "argument" with a complete stranger on a dirt road after being lured in by an Internet contact in the middle of nowhere is just plain not plausible.

Are you trying to suggest the situation just got "out of control" because the victim, Bud, began to have words with the killer? Maybe the next suggestion will be that the perp was "in fear for their life" and just defending themselves against the elderly couple?

Seriously? In no way do I think this is the Runions fault at all. Never thought that, never will. I have no idea how you got that from what I said.
A fight could have happened due to RJT. He could have done anything to start it and in my opinion he ended it.

JMO

The property belonging to JT's father, where JT was living, is not in McRae, despite the mailing address.
The red outline is the Towns property; McRae is in the northern part of the county.
I keep telling ya'll that Jacksonville is different. Folks in neighboring areas, who don't live or have family ties there, generally avoid it.

towns-property.jpg

Attachments

• screenshot-qpublic7.qpublic.net 2015-01-31 19-07-49.jpg
    screenshot-qpublic7.qpublic.net 2015-01-31 19-07-49.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 173
Yeah I do too. I just don't really believe he searched craigslist ads and then pulled this off by himself.

Question is, why is he being silent? They are looking for the gun so obviously he IS holding his words. Who is the trigger person? First thought is he might be silent to protect a woman, but I don't see a female popping off head shots in this case.

I do think there was an accomplice, this JT just doesn't seem capable of masterminding this crime.

1. Maybe he doesn't know who set him up
2. Maybe it's a family member / good friend

1. Maybe he doesn't know who set him up
2. Maybe it's a family member / good friend

He must REALLY care for this person if he's willing to remain silent and take the rap for a double murder to protect them. I don't know why it seems implausible that Jay acted alone. It was not that complicated. The Craig's list ad described exactly what Mr. Runion was looking for. He had lots of secluded property to lure them, rob them, shoot them, and hide himself. I personally don't think he initially planned to kill them - I think he did that when Bud didn't cooperate and/or tried to flee and/or tried to protect June.

That would explain why the first part - luring them to a secluded area late in the day - went as he planned. And the second part - shooting them, not hiding the bodies, not properly hiding the car, doing it so close to his home, etc. etc. went so poorly - that second part was NOT planned.

Oh and there are more beautiful and heartbreaking photos posted in case you haven't been to their Facebook page today : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.846202872085558.1073741831.842141039158408&type=1

The property belonging to JT's father, where JT was living, is not in McRae, despite the mailing address.
The red outline is the Towns property; McRae is in the northern part of the county.
I keep telling ya'll that Jacksonville is different. Folks in neighboring areas, who don't live or have family ties there, generally avoid it.

View attachment 68550

I'm curious, blue mermaid, could you tell me why Jacksonville is such a bad area?

Maybe because the other person told him no matter what do NOT TALK!

Fact is most are convicted by their own words.

I just don't see a redneck landscaper living in a tiny town coming up with a plan that involves the Internet and burner phones. That is "outside" of their world, someone else came up with the idea.

A redneck landscaper in a tiny town could be a fan of CSI-type TV dramas. That alone could give him the idea.

A redneck landscaper in a tiny town could be a fan of CSI-type TV dramas. That alone could give him the idea.

Exactly. Just because he is in a tiny town doesn't mean he can't use a cell phone or internet.

I'm curious, blue mermaid, could you tell me why Jacksonville is such a bad area?

I could, but I'd be banned. :innocent:

J'ville has a long-time, nefarious reputation among locals in South GA. Things (politics) have changed over the years, but one thing hasn't - at least not from a local perspective: What happens in Jacksonville stays in Jacksonville. Yes, some crimes have been "solved," meaning people have been arrested, but in that neck of the woods, it often means that someone took the fall. (I'm not referring to the Runion's case.) Other crimes remain unsolved and they always will be. I can't offer proof other than it's just my perspective of having lived nearby since the '80s. I'm not trying to be vague or start any conspiracy theories -- I'm just letting you know that things are not always what they seem in these parts.

I hope that helps.

He must REALLY care for this person if he's willing to remain silent and take the rap for a double murder to protect them. I don't know why it seems implausible that Jay acted alone. It was not that complicated. The Craig's list ad described exactly what Mr. Runion was looking for. He had lots of secluded property to lure them, rob them, shoot them, and hide himself. I personally don't think he initially planned to kill them - I think he did that when Bud didn't cooperate and/or tried to flee and/or tried to protect June.

That would explain why the first part - luring them to a secluded area late in the day - went as he planned. And the second part - shooting them, not hiding the bodies, not properly hiding the car, doing it so close to his home, etc. etc. went so poorly - that second part was NOT planned.

Oh and there are more beautiful and heartbreaking photos posted in case you haven't been to their Facebook page today : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/? set=a.846202872085558.1073741831.842141039158408&type=1

I understand and that's a plausible theory to me, too

You guys realize he has a Facebook page, right? I haven't shared it because all it shows is a profile pic of him (clean shaven and in sunglasses) with his wife and daughter. This man knew how to use the internet, most people my age (and especially younger)- and I'm 31- know full-well how to use the internet. This is not some old guy. Every 20-some year old I know either has the internet on a computer or on their phone, so I do not buy for one second that he couldn't have come up with this idea just because he's from a rural, small-town. I went to high school in a small town- just about everyone had internet back then. And half of my friends had cell phones (and this was 1998-2002).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79
Back