GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wondered about the comment regarding the bottle. She said it was on the shelf but then said something about being on the vanity in the bathroom, which is a strange place for a bottle unless you were washing it off or feeding the baby in there (which isn’t necessarily unheard of if you were trying to keep a crying baby from disturbing other people in the middle of the night and lived in a small space). But the police statements mention both parents fed/diapered the baby around 5.

But it seems odd that a 3 wk old and a 2 yr old would sleep until 10 am.
Well it doesn't seem odd that a 2 year old would to me. It would depend on when they went to bed, even if she had a bedtime. Just from my point of reference, a lot of younger people that don't work tend to stay up late and sleep late.

I would think the mother would be "listening" fir the baby while she slept but wouldn't get up if she didn't hear her.
Which makes me think the baby was no longer in the trailer by 7-8am.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

its hood speak. ppl refer ppl they are dating to ppl they are "dealing with". I don't think there is any connotation w that choice of words (the rest of the sitch, yes)

Not only does she say they fell asleep on the couch, but her baby is MISSING and she says “I didn’t mean to fall asleep on the couch I just sat down for a minute AFTER DEALING WITH HER ALL NIGHT”

Really?? “Dealing with her”?

Well it doesn't seem odd that a 2 year old would to me. It would depend on when they went to bed, even if she had a bedtime. Just from my point of reference, a lot of younger people that don't work tend to stay up late and sleep late.

I would think the mother would be "listening" fir the baby while she slept but wouldn't get up if she didn't hear her.
Which makes me think the baby was no longer in the trailer by 7-8am.

Must be just my frame of reference then. My 2 yr old granddaughter wakes up at the crack of dawn. My kids used to always wake up around 7 or so. We had to train them to turn on cartoons and snack on cheerios until we got up.

its hood speak. ppl refer ppl they are dating to ppl they are "dealing with". I don't think there is any connotation w that choice of words (the rest of the sitch, yes)

I’m a little confused by your post lol, I took it as she had to put up with the baby all night. Not sure what the hood has to do with it. I’m just frustrated with the fact that her baby is missing and she is basically throwing in a complaint. It’s one thing to say “I was up all night with her” and it’s another to say she was dealing with her.

when my oldest was about this age, maybe a lil less, he didn't know how to cry. he made a face like he was but no sound really. one morning I woke up engorged and he was looking at my face crying I felt sooooooooo horrible :*(

A new mother definitely could sleep for 5 hours straight if no one/nothing woke her.

After listening to the 911 call, maybe it means nothing but, The Mom was not using her own phone and said shes using her Grandmothers phone because her phone "busted"....which would mean no way to really trace her calls/location/texts if she had no phone. But who knows, maybe Granny gave her the phone til she got a new one and it wasnt just to make that call.

what im saying is, it may not be a complaint. ppl who grow up in the hood use slang vernacular. a person another is dating could be "someone they are dealing with", having a talk w a cousin could be "I will call you back, I need to deal w a family member", this girl could have been saying "I was tired after dealing w (tending to) her all night" it doesn't really matter, as we know how this turned out but the choice of wording didn't bring any red flags w me personally.

I’m a little confused by your post lol, I took it as she had to put up with the baby all night. Not sure what the hood has to do with it. I’m just frustrated with the fact that her baby is missing and she is basically throwing in a complaint. It’s one thing to say “I was up all night with her” and it’s another to say she was dealing with her.

Another thought occurred to me. I find it very ‘telling’ that the same grandfather who was called before 911 and may have arrived as she was on the 911 call, said this..
“He done something to that baby,” Tim Bell, Caliyah McNabb’s grandfather, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
It seems very interesting since he may have been the first to arrive at the home, even before police.
http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...d-newton-county-woods/963yoIc6A97DJgiSxM0rON/

Call me crazy but I thought she said the 2 year old said ”comet” took her. Then she said I looked for our dog. Was the dog named comet and was she swaddled in the blue blanked and the dog “buried” her under the log? Or was that the first attempt at misdirection?

Also, we all have selective memory (me included) about our own parenting skills but after giving birth and coming home with a new baby especially those of us who had little to no assistance and another child remember the first night the baby didn’t wake us up. I awoke in a panic feeling as though I couldn’t breath the first time my daughter slept all night. I felt like when I fell asleep I literally died. Dealing with a preemie that requires 2 hr feedings drains every ounce of strength and energy. Post natal sleep deprivation can be dangerous to all involved.

My 11 year old was an extreme preemie (24 week ) when we originally received her through foster care I understood why god made us better able to give birth in our youth. I was in my very first late 40’s and 3 months later we received another preemie to love. My house began to feel like a NICU turning me into a germaphobe. It reminded me that the baby years were not as easy as I remembered LOL .

Call me crazy but I thought she said the 2 year old said ”comet” took her. Then she said I looked for our dog. Was the dog named comet and was she swaddled in the blue blanked and the dog “buried” her under the log? Or was that the first attempt at misdirection?

Also, we all have selective memory (me included) about our own parenting skills but after giving birth and coming home with a new baby especially those of us who had little to no assistance and another child remember the first night the baby didn’t wake us up. I awoke in a panic feeling as though I couldn’t breath the first time my daughter slept all night. I felt like when I fell asleep I literally died. Dealing with a preemie that requires 2 hr feedings drains every ounce of strength and energy. Post natal sleep deprivation can be dangerous to all involved.

My 11 year old was an extreme preemie (24 week ) when we originally received her through foster care I understood why god made us better able to give birth in our youth. I was in my very first late 40’s and 3 months later we received another preemie to love. My house began to feel like a NICU turning me into a germaphobe. It reminded me that the baby years were not as easy as I remembered LOL .

LOL. Well, that's amazing what you did for those babies. :heartbeat: If only Caliyah was with someone like you.

She last saw the baby around 5am before she went to sleep on the couch and made the 911 call at 10:38am, after the 2 year old woke her up. Who sleeps until 10:30 with 2 babies in the house? NO ONE.

She's lying too.
I agree with this. I have two toddlers and since they were born I haven't slept past 7am. If the parents were sleeping past 10:30, who was watching the 2 year old?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I dunno, I think mom sounds pretty panicked in the call, but also just stunned. I don't think she's even processed, at the point in time of the call, that something could be seriously wrong here, like death. I think she believes that it's a misunderstanding of some sort and that the 2 year old might be right, that someone has her. Just the vibe I'm getting from her.

I get more upset if I find a flat tire on my car... What is going on here. Why would the dispatcher end the call before LE got to the property? This mother was way too calm and way too polite, talking as if she was having a cup of coffee and chatting with a friend about the time of day. My antenna is up with that mother...

During the conversation, mom says the 2 year old woke her up and said that the baby was gone and papa took her. Mom calls out for Caliyah as if the 2 week old could respond and says she's looked everywhere as if a 2 week old could just walk off and hide.

"I was sleeping and my 2 year old, I have a 2 year old and a 2 week old, and I was on the sofa because I just sat down and fell asleep and my 2 year old said she's gone" - close to exact first words. What do they tell us about extraneous information in 911 calls? They should go something like:

"911 - what is . ."
"My baby is missing - help!"

But no, we have a long tale before we get to the missing baby.

Looking under beds and clothes as if a 2 week old is playing hide and seek. Baby's daddy looking out in the yard and the motor home park.

I remember another case where the perp spent almost 20 seconds reporting his car stolen before mentioning the baby was in the back seat. He's in jail.

JMO but I always find it suspicious when a 911 caller "sets up" the scene before telling what the actual emergency is, as if they're anticipating questions that might implicate them. IOW, giving an alibi.

Also, if they were sleeping on the couch it would be pretty hard for a kidnapper to sneak past them and take Caliyah IMO. So once that possibility is out, what's left?

All JMO.

I remember another case where the perp spent almost 20 seconds reporting his car stolen before mentioning the baby was in the back seat. He's in jail.

JMO but I always find it suspicious when a 911 caller "sets up" the scene before telling what the actual emergency is, as if they're anticipating questions that might implicate them. IOW, giving an alibi.

Also, if they were sleeping on the couch it would be pretty hard for a kidnapper to sneak past them and take Caliyah IMO. So once that possibility is out, what's left?

All JMO.

MsMarple, her couch bit really threw up a red flag for me, and I'm pretty darn sure everyone reading here feels the same way. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member