GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they ever say if the doors were locked or standing open or what?

If it was a trailer, having 2 doors, sometimes both doors are on the same side. Others are on opposite, almost at opposite ends.

Another thought occurred to me. I find it very ‘telling’ that the same grandfather who was called before 911 and may have arrived as she was on the 911 call, said this..
“He done something to that baby,” Tim Bell, Caliyah McNabb’s grandfather, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
It seems very interesting since he may have been the first to arrive at the home, even before police.
http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...d-newton-county-woods/963yoIc6A97DJgiSxM0rON/

Abp5, the grandfather threw me for a loop when referring to his brand new granddaughter as 'that baby'.
Why disassociate?
My hinky meter is all over the place with this heartbreaking and maddening case.
JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call me crazy but I thought she said the 2 year old said ”comet” took her. Then she said I looked for our dog. Was the dog named comet and was she swaddled in the blue blanked and the dog “buried” her under the log? Or was that the first attempt at misdirection?

Also, we all have selective memory (me included) about our own parenting skills but after giving birth and coming home with a new baby especially those of us who had little to no assistance and another child remember the first night the baby didn’t wake us up. I awoke in a panic feeling as though I couldn’t breath the first time my daughter slept all night. I felt like when I fell asleep I literally died. Dealing with a preemie that requires 2 hr feedings drains every ounce of strength and energy. Post natal sleep deprivation can be dangerous to all involved.

My 11 year old was an extreme preemie (24 week ) when we originally received her through foster care I understood why god made us better able to give birth in our youth. I was in my very first late 40’s and 3 months later we received another preemie to love. My house began to feel like a NICU turning me into a germaphobe. It reminded me that the baby years were not as easy as I remembered LOL .

Grouchymom, thank you!!!

Don't know if this was thrown out there yet... but those of you with 2 yr olds... since mom and dad were sleeping, wouldn't a 2 yr old try to play with baby, move the baby? She was probably awake for a few hours while parents were sleeping. From the few pics I did catch on dads page, he seemed to adore the 2 yr old. Would he hide to protect in an accident? And yes, I do believe they were druggies and unfit parents, and am glad he was arrested, and mom sounds fishy too..... but coverup over intentional seems more logical to me. And just as with other cases, protecting another child is my next conclusion. A 2 yr old left alone with a 2 week old just is asking for an accident to happen... babies are just like babydolls to little girls, IMO.

the blanket comment sealed it for me. Mom was involved.

IMO of course. Who else's could I have.

Don't know if this was thrown out there yet... but those of you with 2 yr olds... since mom and dad were sleeping, wouldn't a 2 yr old try to play with baby, move the baby? She was probably awake for a few hours while parents were sleeping. From the few pics I did catch on dads page, he seemed to adore the 2 yr old. Would he hide to protect in an accident? And yes, I do believe they were druggies and unfit parents, and am glad he was arrested, and mom sounds fishy too..... but coverup over intentional seems more logical to me. And just as with other cases, protecting another child is my next conclusion. A 2 yr old left alone with a 2 week old just is asking for an accident to happen... babies are just like babydolls to little girls, IMO.
My husband suggested this as well. He pointed out how many times we had to take cats and dogs from small ones who didn't know better than to hold them by the leg or head. Same would go for a baby I'm sure.

A sleeper is something you put newborns into. Basically they wear their blanket.

The mom saying "dealing with" didn't even catch my attention until seeing it pointed out and quite negatively.

It may be considered hood speak now, but I remember my grandmother using "dealing with" all of the time, for pretty much everything 40 years ago. My mom and aunts picked it up from her. I just had a conversation with my son who is 23 and he remembers my mom and even me using it. I can assure you there was never any hint of anything negative in the usage. We were among some of the most over protective mothers out there.

We were so bad that my son claims my mom had "nananoia" and I still have "mommanoia". Even now he knows to call not text because anybody could send the text at least once every 24 hours, to keep my mommanoia in check.

Funny part my grandmother was a home ec teacher. Worst part my mom was an English teacher.

While it's possible it could be a hood/drug thing, it could very well have been picked up from family speak.

What's sending me all over the walls with this case is the extra few hours of sleep they managed to get, after having dealt with her all night, feeding and putting her back to bed and with a toddler in the house.

The only way the toddler slept in late was if she too was up late (all night). Otherwise she would have been on the couch, crawling around, pulling at hands/arms, bouncing, or my darling's favorite way to wake momma up pushing eyelids back with tiny hands.

I've had a newborn and a 2 year old twice and even when we had a newborn and a 3 year old, they were not left alone together. We were also pretty strict from the start NOT to touch/grab/play with the baby without mom or dad. All 5 of ours slept in our room in a crib or co-sleeper for at least 6mo. and I had a portable bassinet for naps so I could keep them close to me.

ETA: My youngest will be 3 at the end of this month and this morning he slept until 10:30... He rarely naps and when does, it screws up his sleep for days. So he napped yesterday afternoon, stayed up later than usual and woke up for like an hour at 1am. I got him back to sleep and I ended up waking up at 5am and he slept super late.

I agree with this. I have two toddlers and since they were born I haven't slept past 7am. If the parents were sleeping past 10:30, who was watching the 2 year old?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Nobody. I'm sure good mom's can't fathom this, but I babysat a few times for a mother of 4 girls - all under 5. One example of what they could do on their own - the 3 oldest would drag a chair to the fridge, get the milk out, get cereal, bowls etc and make breakfast for themselves. And many many other things that were very surprising to me.
They also knew to be quiet until their mom woke up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not that I don't think dad did it, but he did say to the store clerk "y'all are gonna be surprised when you find out who really did this"... so maybe he 2 year old did something because parents weren't supervising.

Not that I don't think dad did it, but he did say to the store clerk "y'all are gonna be surprised when you find out who really did this"... so maybe he 2 year old did something because parents weren't supervising.

We still haven't gotten confirmation as to if there was anyone else in the home at the time either. However, no matter what it was 100% these parents job to provide care and safety for these babies.

"Papa" is a popular name in the South that children call their fathers.

In the recording, I heard the 2 year old say Papa as if she was speaking to someone there.

I realize the mother told the dispatcher her father was on his way over. So, was the two year old speaking to the grandfather who had just arrived or her daddy?
In the South, Papaw is the Grandpa

I know you’re not defending or whatever but I wanted to vent a little lol...
Even if it was the 2yr old, who just puts their baby out in the woods and in a duffel bag?? Ugh... even if it were a case of SIDS it doesn’t justify the awful way the baby was found. This story makes me sick all the way around.

I don't get what people are saying about the 911 call.

The 1st thing she says - "I just woke up my 2 year old woke me up, I have a 2 year old and a 2 week old and the 2 week old is not in her sleeper."

I know you’re not defending or whatever but I wanted to vent a little lol...
Even if it was the 2yr old, who just puts their baby out in the woods and in a duffel bag?? Ugh... even if it were a case of SIDS it doesn’t justify the awful way the baby was found. This story makes me sick all the way around.

Agree 100%.

when my oldest was about this age, maybe a lil less, he didn't know how to cry. he made a face like he was but no sound really. one morning I woke up engorged and he was looking at my face crying I felt sooooooooo horrible :*(

I've seen that no sound crying, it is horrifying - like they can't breath.

https://www.covnews.com/news/crime/breaking-ncso-investigating-missing-baby/

"UPDATE (Oct. 10, 4:30 p.m.): Memorials for Caliyah C. McNabb have appeared outside of Lot 31 of Eagle Mobile Home Park off Highway 36 in Newton County. Newton County Coroner Tommy Davis has not responded to multiple attempts to contact for information about autopsy results."

I have heard some awful things from folks who were assisting in the search. Praying this sweet baby knew no pain in death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat