GA - Ex-POTUS Donald Trump and others indicted, 13 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, Aug 2023 *4 guilty* #4

So.... nothing on the Court of Appeals decision? I had 2 dates as to their decision 5/16 & 5/18. But have not seen anything in the news. Plus I can not STILL access the Fulton County court site... dang hackers...

TIA if anyone can find something on this.

Well - I have searched to see if the Appeals Court had come to a decision on the "free speech" appeal by Trump, etal. The last updated article is on 5/8/24 when they filed it...

So - nothing that I can find - and it did say - decision by 5/16/24 & an another article said 5/18/24....

Anyone see anything new? TIA! :)

Well - I have searched to see if the Appeals Court had come to a decision on the "free speech" appeal by Trump, etal. The last updated article is on 5/8/24 when they filed it...

So - nothing that I can find - and it did say - decision by 5/16/24 & an another article said 5/18/24....

Anyone see anything new? TIA! :)

I thought the May 8 filing was about trying to disqualify Fani Willis from the case, not the free speech challenge.

If it's about disqualifying DA Fani Willis, here's the latest update I could find (let me know if you can't access the article):

As far as the free speech challenge, the only thing I could find was from early April:

I thought the May 8 filing was about trying to disqualify Fani Willis from the case, not the free speech challenge.

If it's about disqualifying DA Fani Willis, here's the latest update I could find (let me know if you can't access the article):

As far as the free speech challenge, the only thing I could find was from early April:

You know - you are probably right - and I have the wrong case for this appeal - he was WAY too many appeals going... :rolleyes:
And thanks - I shall correct my notes - I noticed it said the article - and yes - I could access it!!

Said:
Porter estimated that the appellate process would take at least five months to complete. The state or defense could also petition the Georgia Supreme Court to review the decision of the appellate court.

So - 5 months - October maybe...

Jenna Ellis, the former lawyer for Donald Trump who pleaded guilty last year in Georgia to a felony charge for trying to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in that state, is barred from practicing law for three years in Colorado.

Ellis agreed to a stipulated disciplinary order with Colorado’s Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel that was approved Tuesday by a judge. To reinstate her law license at the end of the three-year suspension she will have to file a petition.

Jenna Ellis, the former lawyer for Donald Trump who pleaded guilty last year in Georgia to a felony charge for trying to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in that state, is barred from practicing law for three years in Colorado.

Ellis agreed to a stipulated disciplinary order with Colorado’s Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel that was approved Tuesday by a judge. To reinstate her law license at the end of the three-year suspension she will have to file a petition.
Yet another lawyer whose career gets ruined because they represent a criminal who "demands loyalty". You'd think lawyers would stop representing this guy for fear of losing their licence......or freedom.

On yesterday's hearing.

A Fulton County judge will allow a co-defendant of Donald Trump in the Georgia election subversion case to continue his effort to access thousands of 2020 ballots to argue debunked voter fraud theories.
Floyd’s attorneys are pushing to access more than 500,000 ballots from Fulton County, claiming they intend to produce “evidence” that thousands of votes were improperly excluded from the final vote tally.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee asked Floyd’s attorneys on Tuesday to file additional information to the court in the coming weeks, including the scope of the expert review of the 2020 votes that they’re seeking. McAfee also said he plans to have another hearing within the next two months to discuss the next steps in Floyd’s attempt to access the ballots.

Document Updates:
# Date Description
587 05/29/2024 PAPERLESS ORDER granting [586] Former United States Attorney General Michael B. Mukasey's Unopposed Motion for Leave to Join Amicus Brief Filed by Former Attorney General Edwin Meese III, Professors Calabresi and Lawson, Citizens United, and Citizens United Foundation [364]. Signed by Judge Aileen M. Cannon on 5/29/2024. (jf01) (filed: 05/29/2024)

link: https://www.docketbird.com/court-cases/USA-v-Sealed/flsd-9:2023-cr-80101-648652re

Rudy Giuliani has agreed to never again publicly accuse two Georgia election workers of tampering with votes in the 2020 election, a false accusation that he has repeated frequently and that led to his bankruptcy.

With the agreement, Giuliani is forfeiting a yearslong verbal and legal battle he’s waged with the election workers, Ruby Freeman and her daughter, Shaye Moss. It also gives the women significant power to hold him accountable if Giuliani again publicly suggests they stole votes to hurt former President Donald Trump, which is not true.

The Georgia Court of Appeals has set a date for former President Trump’s appeal hearing on disqualifying Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis from the Georgia election interference case.

Clerk Administrator Steve Castlen said the date is set for Oct. 4 and three judges are assigned to hear it.

The date puts in doubt Willis’ ability to prosecute Trump before the November election.

When Fani Willis became embroiled in scandal she should have had the good sense
To recuse herself--- then the case would be moving along towards resolution. Instead
She has made herself more important than the case---there is no way this case
Sees the light of day before the election, if ever. Very selfish IMO
It is all about her ego

When Fani Willis became embroiled in scandal she should have had the good sense
To recuse herself--- then the case would be moving along towards resolution. Instead
She has made herself more important than the case---there is no way this case
Sees the light of day before the election, if ever. Very selfish IMO
It is all about her ego

I'm not sure that's completely true. I suspect that there never was a chance that this case would come to a trial before the election. If it wasn't this issue, it would be another.

I'm not sure that's completely true. I suspect that there never was a chance that this case would come to a trial before the election. If it wasn't this issue, it would be another.

Maybe so, but she stupidly made it all too easy for them to delay this case when she got involved with Nathan Wade. What was she thinking?! I expected better from her.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back