GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why LE are not concerned. Also, wouldn't her driving licence have her address plus her credit cards and bank accounts. The career counsellor, court and LE would have her address surely. What's the point of a vigil if her room in her apartment still hasn't been checked?

BBM

A vigil is a prayer when a group comes together for prayer.

I'll be there, virtually. :praying:

From the court records on what our insider posted above, it perhaps was her parents address that she used on the February charges and the Marshall service arrest a month later? (public record is on Fulton county site - insider mentioned that above)

As to driver's license, they are supposed to be updated within 60 days, but MANY young people that are moving from apt to apt, have their legal address remain as their parents. Same with credit cards and other accounts.

:moo: :cow:

I don't understand why LE are not concerned. Also, wouldn't her driving licence have her address plus her credit cards and bank accounts. The career counsellor, court and LE would have her address surely. What's the point of a vigil if her room in her apartment still hasn't been checked?

When I was her age and living in an apartment with friends, I continued to use my parents address for everything. I didn't change my credit cards, bank info, license, insurance, etc until I bought a house. If she's not on probation, LE could just have her address down as her parents. However, the family knows who the roommate is so I don't see why LE can't reach out to the roommate, or look up the roommates address.

I am disgusted and LIVID that a warrant wasn't issued IMMEDIATELY for her apartment. If something happened in there and it could have been stopped, or if evidence has been cleaned up, <modsnip> I'm going to be furious.

Seriously! Remind me never to go missing in Dekalb County, Ga.

It seems kind of bumbling to not search the person's residence first, even if they think she left on her own accord. The fact there's been no bank/phone activity or explanation for her suddenly leaving her parents' home and no one else has heard from her should be enough to get them to check, right?

The family put her address on one the flyers on the Help Find Jenna FB page so they knew where she was living. Maybe the reporter made a mistake or maybe the family meant that they didn't know if she was actually staying there at that apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw in the Fulton County court records that Jenna was arrested for disorderly conduct back in February. Wondering if there's any info from that situation that might be related to this one.

From above links, I'm posting the new/refined details which may be new to us here in the articles to reference/discuss. I'm reprinting here, as many folks on tapatalk and certain phones have to click to view new stuff, or cannot view the articles at all, or easily (AJC and WSB cannot be viewed on my cell phone for instance, only computer)

wvangelderan, often times the media does quotes wrong. Please let us know if anything I've pasted from the article was not given to media, or taken out of context. Thanks!

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/family-fears-missing-year-old-woman-was-taken-against-her-will/AXRjSl9DqEHLqhOq2lkMNN/ AJC (Atlanta newspaper) Family fears missing 25-year-old woman was taken against her will Alexis Stevens 4:51 p.m Monday, Aug. 28, 2017

The door was locked and Jenna Van Gelderen’s suitcase was gone, the family told police.

Though she wanted to be an independent adult, Jenna Van Gelderen had developmental disabilities as a child that affected her social interactions as an adult, her father said.

“Because she’s very impressionable, she has been taken advantage of by a lot of people,” Van Gelderen said.

"William Van Gelderen told police his sister had been prostituting, but was taking career counseling classes. The family didn’t know Jenna’s friends, and she had declined to tell them where she was living, according to the police report. The family has hired a private investigator to help find Jenna, who they fear was taken against her will. "

A prayer vigil is planned for 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Shearith Israel synogogue in Atlanta.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dekalb-county/missing-dekalb-county-woman-disappeared-while-housesitting/599493475 Missing DeKalb County woman disappeared while house sitting by: Craig Lucie Updated: Aug 28, 2017 - 4:51 PM

"The 25-year-old Gwinnett Tech graduate has a form of high-functioning Autism and likes her routines, her parents said."
Thanks , they took my quote out of context on the prostituting part. I never said she was doing that. Only we had heard earlier this year she *may* have been. No confirmation

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I saw in the Fulton County court records that Jenna was arrested for disorderly conduct back in February. Wondering if there's any info from that situation that might be related to this one.

That was the same incident as the theft from the pet supply store. It was originally "theft by taking" and it looks like they got it reduced to a misdemeanor. Her brother said she was fired for stealing money from the register - which was unlike her to do. Something was going on there.

From post #162 from her brother:

"Definitely looking at this now from a trafficking stand point

She had a job back in Feb at the pet store but we found out through a friend she had been fired for theft at the store. Which is really not like her.

We found out large sums of money had been taken in total from various times from her register. She was arrested, and through the court case, we were able to have the sentence reduced to a misdemeanor. She would not tell us where the money went and that she was "framed" by a manager.

I am starting to think that maybe she did do this and paid one of these guys with the money."

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

the tapestry is significant for some reason to someone. And her brother explained that it was one (the largest) part of a three-piece "set." What is going on here?

It is possible that taking all the info together (I've been reading the thread), LE might not be convinced that she is involuntarily is missing. She seemed to have a double life...one that her family knew about and another they learned about when things went wrong...So sorry that your family is going through this....Hope she is found safe...IMO

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Reading the new press. Quick question. Does your parents TV have an auto turnoff? My TV turns off after 4 hours if the channel hasn't been turned. That may point to a more specific time frame. Has anyone talked to the neighbors at Jenna's apartment? Someone may have seen her there or at least seen something unusual with the roommate.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dekalb-county/missing-dekalb-county-woman-disappeared-while-housesitting/599493475 Missing DeKalb County woman disappeared while house-sitting by: Carol Sbarge Updated: Aug 28, 2017 - 7:03 PM (previous report earlier today with same link was by: Craig Lucie Updated: Aug 28, 2017 - 4:51 PM ) As usual with breaking stories, they are using the same link and updating it periodically vs. new link.

The article has now been updated (from earlier link post #222) with tonight's video and television broadcast tonight, with interview of mom/dad, video of cat, map area of house, and the frame with the missing tapestry/linen. Video and article at link above.

Jennatapestry1.JPG

screen cap from above link with video now, of the frame that we have been discussing in thread. New in the article includes:

"Glick says she talked to her daughter once or twice a day, and is desperate for anyone with information to come forward.

&#8220;Anything that you could give us to help us find her we want her home, we love her tremendously,&#8221; she said.

As DeKalb police investigate the disappearance, Jenna&#8217;s parents, their friends, neighbors and synagogue are passing out flyers, trying to generate any leads

&#8220;If it wasn't, as I said, for the community, we would be in worse shape,&#8221; Leon Van Gelderen said."

Thanks, I saw that but since the arrest was for disorderly conduct and not theft, I didn't realize they were the same case.

ugh, heartbreaking. Is the fact that her shoes were there at the house a new revelation or already reported? I don't recall but am more alarmed again now. I can't get past that it has been 11 days. Where is she? Hoping for more and better news tonight.

Reading the new press. Quick question. Does your parents TV have an auto turnoff? My TV turns off after 4 hours if the channel hasn't been turned. That may point to a more specific time frame. Has anyone talked to the neighbors at Jenna's apartment? Someone may have seen her there or at least seen something unusual with the roommate.

LookingforDavid,

Good point! Many folks in Atlanta have Comcast/Infinity, and yes, it indeed does turn off after a preset time that is determined by Comcast, and not the user! I hadn't thought of that as I was focused on the lights being on in the house (or was it front door) the next morning.

I also would wonder what channel the tv was on. At night, I watch something different than in the daytime as to channels (ID channel at night of course :websleuther: )

Also, with the shoes left but the suitcase gone makes no sense either unless she had a couple of pair of shoes or some slippers / flip flops with her. Also, was the suitcase gone but clothes left?

I should also say off topic that I haven't been on here since the Casey Anthony case so I couldn't remember my old name but have been in local groups "working" on local cases.

Also, with the shoes left but the suitcase gone makes no sense either unless she had a couple of pair of shoes or some slippers / flip flops with her. Also, was the suitcase gone but clothes left?

I should also say off topic that I haven't been on here since the Casey Anthony case so I couldn't remember my old name but have been in local groups "working" on local cases.

When I read that a suitcase was missing, my first :thinking: was folding up the linen/tapestry for safe travel... since nothing else was missing. (I am guessing that the family must know/have seen what type of "suitcase" she brought over for the weekend... )

:dunno:

Speculating big time on facts though.

And seeing the frame and where it was at, and that it was horizontal... makes me even more :thinking: as I had expected that is was hung 90 degrees and was vertical in placement. That really surprised me as I had it in my mind so incorrectly.

Jennatapestry1.JPG

Heartbreaking video of her parents! It must've been so difficult for them to do but so glad they are getting more attention.

Looking at how high up the frame is, it still seems off that anyone would bother putting it back empty. Unless Jenna did it (with help) because that's where she's always known it to go, out of habit. Maybe she was just planning to bring it to someone (maybe the same person who pushed her to steal from her job) and be right back. LinkedIn shows she worked at that job for four years. Then all of a sudden she's caught stealing one day? Hopefully a search of her apartment will lead to some clues as to who she was with.

Wvangelderen: You have mentioned many times her refusal to share information with your family. Is she just a private person or is there some reason she refused? How long has she been like that? I'm sorry if it's too personal, I'm just tying to understand her insistence on so much privacy and independence.

Sending my best thoughts to Jenna!

Is the family aware of any drug experimentation in the past or present? I intend no offense, but with the possibility that she had been a sex worker earlier this year, it gets me thinking. Many of those women end up taking drugs at some point. I only mean to brain storm here, not to judge Jenna at all.

If there is any location associated with the potential info about Jenna selling sex, like a certain hotel or area of town, I'd definitely suggest checking those places out and showing her picture. Just asking questions of the people who hang around there in a non-confrontational way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda